• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Ben West

Why do you believe the big bang was that long ago? You clearly don't believe science. Why do you believe that time frame and not the time frame of evolution?

Dear Monk, I believe Science and I compare God's time to the discoveries of Science. When you compare the timeline of Genesis to man's discoveries, you find total AGREEMENT and Genesis lists everything discovered in it's proper chronology in Genesis One. Since ONLY God knew this thousands of years ago, it's proof of God. Amen? God Bless you

Ben West

So you admit that your interpretation of the Bible may, in fact, not be the "proper" one?

Dear IF, My interpretation is closer than most because it agrees in EVERY way with every discovery of Science and History. When you discover the Truth it MUST agree with every other discovered Truth or it is NOT God's Truth. Amen?

Ben West

I give you guys credit for playing along. I've been there and done that with others and them using the bible as proof over existing testable evidence gives one a headache.

Dear Dirty, Think how bad you will feel when you discover how close you were to finding a Creationist who finds the agreement of Scripture, Science, and History...and you ran away? Stick around and see God's Truth. Amen?

Ben West

This is purely twistology at it's first, or it's last !
When did God create the oxygen and hydrogen ?
And of course, what combined them.
Oh.......crap.......I quit !!!!!
And I'm out of here !
~
'mud

Dear Mud, Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heaven (Hebrew-Air)

Inside the air were two gases Hydrogen and Oxygen. Therefore, God did NOT say that He created water, but correctly shows that water came to be from two created gases, within the Heaven/Air, which was the first thing He created. Genesis is precisely scientifically correct. Amen?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Dear Monk, I believe Science and I compare God's time to the discoveries of Science. When you compare the timeline of Genesis to man's discoveries, you find total AGREEMENT and Genesis lists everything discovered in it's proper chronology in Genesis One. Since ONLY God knew this thousands of years ago, it's proof of God. Amen? God Bless you
But you don't believe science. You don't believe in evolution but you do believe in the big bang. You don't believe the age of animals on earth or genetics but you believe in the estimation of the age of the universe. So in reality you simply pick and choose from both your religious beliefs and what you take from science and mix them together into something that is neither scientific (by a long shot) or a comprehensible or rectifiable form of Christianity.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
Dear Mud, Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heaven (Hebrew-Air)

Inside the air were two gases Hydrogen and Oxygen. Therefore, God did NOT say that He created water, but correctly shows that water came to be from two created gases, within the Heaven/Air, which was the first thing He created. Genesis is precisely scientifically correct. Amen?

You are adding definitions to a verse an ad hoc manner, this is fallacious. No more if I were to claim there is another level of physical reality made of stuff just to change "stuff" into the technicial term after someone else does the work for me. Besides this there is religious mythology all over the world which says the same thing which is far older than Abrahamic religions. Thus this claim is not unique nor even the oldest sources. Given Judaisms habit of assimilating common ideas of other cultures one could put forward these other religions, take your pick from the bunch, are right and Judaism merely plagiarized the idea and adapted it to their culture.

Ben West

But you don't believe science. You don't believe in evolution but you do believe in the big bang. You don't believe the age of animals on earth or genetics but you believe in the estimation of the age of the universe. So in reality you simply pick and choose from both your religious beliefs and what you take from science and mix them together into something that is neither scientific (by a long shot) or a comprehensible or rectifiable form of Christianity.

Dear Monk, The False ToE is not Science but is based on the incomplete idea that life began on our Planet. I believe that the sons of God (prehistoric people) diverged from Chimps some 6 Million years ago....BUT....they were NOT Humans. Only the descendants of Adam are Humans. The first Humans appeared on our Planet some 10k years ago. Here is the empirical historic evidence which supports my view. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE Do you have ANY support for your faith in the ToE? God Bless you

Ben West

You are adding definitions to a verse an ad hoc manner, this is fallacious. No more if I were to claim there is another level of physical reality made of stuff just to change "stuff" into the technicial term after someone else does the work for me. Besides this there is religious mythology all over the world which says the same thing which is far older than Abrahamic religions. Thus this claim is not unique nor even the oldest sources. Given Judaisms habit of assimilating common ideas of other cultures one could put forward these other religions, take your pick from the bunch, are right and Judaism merely plagiarized the idea and adapted it to their culture.

Dear Shad, False, unless you can refute me. Do you wish me to reduce the Bible down to one sentence? My view is NOT myth but God's Literal Truth which agrees in every way with every discovery of Science and History. Amen?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Dear Monk, The False ToE is not Science but is based on the incomplete idea that life began on our Planet. I believe that the sons of God (prehistoric people) diverged from Chimps some 6 Million years ago....BUT....they were NOT Humans. Only the descendants of Adam are Humans. The first Humans appeared on our Planet some 10k years ago. Here is the empirical historic evidence which supports my view. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE Do you have ANY support for your faith in the ToE? God Bless you
Simply put, as a 70 year old anthropologist, you are in no way operating out of any scientific paradigm.

Shad

Veteran Member
Dear Shad, False, unless you can refute me. Do you wish me to reduce the Bible down to one sentence? My view is NOT myth but God's Literal Truth which agrees in every way with every discovery of Science and History. Amen?

Enroll in an archaeology class, look up the origins of the Hebrews. History does not agree with you and has not for decades. Your view of science is ad hoc rationalization which is fallacious, nothing more. Thus your argument has been refuted.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Dear Monk, The False ToE is not Science but is based on the incomplete idea that life began on our Planet.
False.
You have not shown scientifically that life did not begin on our planet.

Care to give it a try?

McBell

Dear Shad, False, unless you can refute me.
False.
There is no reason to even consider your claim if you cannot support it.
Can you support it?

Didn't think so.

Do you wish me to reduce the Bible down to one sentence?
I would really rather you stop making **** up then claiming it is in the Bible.

My view is NOT myth
Blatant denial

but God's Literal Truth
Bold empty claim

which agrees in every way with every discovery of Science and History.
Huge stinking pile of bull ****.

McBell

Enroll in an archaeology class, look up the origins of the Hebrews. History does not agree with you and has not for decades. Your view of science is ad hoc rationalization which is fallacious, nothing more. Thus your argument has been refuted.
You sir are far to kind.

To call his ramblings an "argument"....

Shad

Veteran Member
You sir are far to kind.

To call his ramblings an "argument"....

I am not as kind as you think. I just disguise my criticism well enough that many do not catch on unless I blatantly put my views in simple terms. Many seem incapable of reading between the lines.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Supporting evidence required. And no that has absolutely nothing to do with your views what so ever. It supports the current understanding of science

Ben West

Simply put, as a 70 year old anthropologist, you are in no way operating out of any scientific paradigm.

Dear metis, Amen. I operate out God's Truth which is the AGREEMENT of Scripture Science and History. To operate out of just the scientific view is to operate with only a half-truth. Believing a half-truth insures one of a short life. God Bless you

Ben West

Supporting evidence required. And no that has absolutely nothing to do with your views what so ever. It supports the current understanding of science

Dear Monk, Is Science all you have. If so, then you are operating on a Half-Truth which insures you of a short life. God Bless you

Ben West

False.
You have not shown scientifically that life did not begin on our planet.

Care to give it a try?

Dear Mes, Some closed minded people falsely believe that Humans were made on our Planet. This is totally ridiculous since the best and only account shows that Adam, the first Human, lived for more than 10 Billion years BEFORE the common ancestor of Apes roamed this Earth. Some snake oil salesmen try to convince us that Humans (descendants of Adam) magically evolved from an ancestor of animals. With NO evidence these "believers" spew their false assumptions into the minds of innocent children because NO adult is stupid enough to believe such unsupported tripe. Amen?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Dear metis, Amen. I operate out God's Truth which is the AGREEMENT of Scripture Science and History. To operate out of just the scientific view is to operate with only a half-truth. Believing a half-truth insures one of a short life. God Bless you
I not only reject your concept of science, I also reject your concept of God, and I also reject the fact that you feel free to judge others, which I would suggest is probably the opposite of what God would want you to do.

Ben West

I not only reject your concept of science, I also reject your concept of God, and I also reject the fact that you feel free to judge others, which I would suggest is probably the opposite of what God would want you to do.

Dear Metis, Then refute me either Scientifically or Scripturally IF you think you can. Those who don't believe what God told us in Genesis ARE preaching beliefs which are opposite of God's Truth. Does YOUR view agree with every other discovered Truth? Or do you have one Truth for Science and another for Religion? God Bless you