• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans and Chimp, its True...

footprints

Oh, I see, you know what it is, and you're deliberately mistating it then? Intentionally lying about it? Because over and over you make false statements about it. What do you call it when someone tells lies?

Christianity is ridiculous! There are no invisible rabbits!

Yeah I know Auto, it is different when you and others see magic rabbits in evolution. LOL no it isn't.

camanintx

Tests
1) We should test the DNA of the creature before the split of human and chimp. From the chart that you provided below it would be where it points to the common ancestor of human and chimp. That will give us a common DNA map of where we both came from.
2) We should test the DNA of each creature just after separation into different directions to compare to the common ancestor. Your chart shows the human lineage separating from the common ancestor at a point, we should test the DNA of that creature and the DNA of the creature of the chimp just after separation.
3) We should test the DNA of the creature that does not split off from the common ancestor. On your chart there is an arrow moving up between the chimp and human so we should test that creature.
4) We should test the DNA of the creatures along the line of evolution and before the creatures become chimp and human. As they continue to evolve and before they get the chimp and human we should be able to get some valuable DNA maps.
5) We should test the DNA of the creatures that were just before they became human and chimps.

What would falsify our hypothesis:
1) If we fail to find fossil evidence of the creatures that evolved into human and chimps.
2) If we failed to find a mechanism that would cause the behavior differences between chimps and humans. For example, wearing clothes, living in houses, driving cars, burying the dead, praying, using currency, talking, having a self consious, etc.
3) If we fail to observe the human and chimp evolution. If it takes millions of years to produce a human, then millions of years ago when this started we should be seeing it now with some percent of the population.
4) If we fail to find out why humans and chimps don't marry. In some instances there are stories of humans marrying their cousins.
5) If chimps and humans can't reproduce. There should be a great plasticity in the lab between chimps and human reproduction if we are cousins.

What would prove our hypothesis true:
1) If we find concrete proof in the fossil record. We have the common ancestor and we have fossils of every creature along the way of the evolution chain.
2) If we find the mechanism that changes the shapes and usage of bones in hands and feet that are required for this evolution. For example, how could random mutation account for the necessary bone structure for chimps to climb or humans to walk upright.
3) If we observe the common ancestor of chimps and humans producing this split of creatures as they are birthed.
4) Seeing a human and chimp on their honeymoon.
5) Being able to produce offspring between human and chimps.
Scientists have been performing these tests for years now. Despite the difficulty in obtaining viable DNA from remain that old, so far the results have confirmed the ToE.

Tristesse

The faith and belief in evolution is exactly the same as a religious belief. Rediculous to suggest otherwise, this is just how some people try to justify their bigotry and prejudice.

So who's witness should we take on this, yours? How about others who fall for the same power of suggestions? Do you fully believe that scientists are infallible? Do you by any stroke of the imagination believe that biology is an exact science?

Evolution has a probability of being correct based on our current knowledge to date. The theory still contains many missing links and power of suggestions which some people cling to in pure blind faith as they correct the missing links by their own imagination.

To even imply that humans have all the knowledge of the universe as it pertains to this is preposterous. And about the dumbest postion a person could take.

How is it the same as a religious belief? Please explain this to me. What does biology being an exact science have to do with anything? Nothing is an exact science. Science is science. I never claimed that humans have all of the knowledge of the universe, actually we are probably far from it. But what does any of this have to do with the theory of evolution?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The faith and belief in evolution is exactly the same as a religious belief.

Yes, but you have been unwilling to provide convincing evidence -- or actually any evidence -- in support of your notion. Instead, you have been content to merely bleat it again and again. Which leads me to suspect that the notion "faith and blelief in evolution is exactly the same as religious belief" is no more than a religious belief. Consequently, it can be dismissed.

Gabethewiking

To even imply that humans have all the knowledge of the universe as it pertains to this is preposterous. And about the dumbest postion a person could take.
This is in complete contrast to what Science says, and this is, ironically, what Creationist like yourself claim.

Are you a follower of the Convicted fellon Kent Hovind? He used these kind of empty useless arguments as well... I miss him..

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Science is not religion and it doesn't just come down to faith. Science is based upon verifiable evidence. Religious faith not only lacks evidence, it is considered a virtue in most religions to rely strictly on faith.
The evidence for evolution is not only overwhelmingly strong; it is freely available to anyone who wishes to read up on it. To claim to have knowledge of evolution without even taking the trouble to fully study it is pure intellectual dishonesty.
The argument from design has absolutely no empirical evidence, and relies strictly upon the faith of those who adhere to it.
It would truly be ridiculous and dishonest to suggest otherwise.

Gabethewiking

No, footprints is right, Evolution is not true...
What will happen to me now? I got VACCINATED (Hepatit A + B), will I die? What was IN THAT INJECTION? Now when I know Evolution is false all the vaccinations and medicine is false, it could be small nano robots trying to take over my body.. And what if I get HEPATIT? The Vaccination is not true as Evolution is false and does not exist.. WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!

footprints, what should I do now? How cna I make sure I wont die out of the false vaccination they gave me because they tricked me that Evolution is true? Help me, tell me what to do now.

Gabethewiking

Well??? Footprints?
About Vaccination? Could you respond. You claim Evolution does not happen, so how does this work with Vaccination?

footprints

How is it the same as a religious belief? Please explain this to me. What does biology being an exact science have to do with anything? Nothing is an exact science. Science is science. I never claimed that humans have all of the knowledge of the universe, actually we are probably far from it. But what does any of this have to do with the theory of evolution?

There is a thread pertaining to faith, I suggest you join that if you want answers pertaining to faith of belief.

What has it to do with the theory of evolution? Simply because we do not have all knowledge and biology isn't an exact science.

I can understand posters like Auto et al, speaking from finite positions, but I give you credit for a lot more intelligence than I do them.

footprints

Yes, but you have been unwilling to provide convincing evidence -- or actually any evidence -- in support of your notion. Instead, you have been content to merely bleat it again and again. Which leads me to suspect that the notion "faith and blelief in evolution is exactly the same as religious belief" is no more than a religious belief. Consequently, it can be dismissed.

Sunstone again I will say, you are not interested in evidence, only your own belief. Of which you place great faith in.

footprints

This is in complete contrast to what Science says, and this is, ironically, what Creationist like yourself claim.

Are you a follower of the Convicted fellon Kent Hovind? He used these kind of empty useless arguments as well... I miss him..

Gabe it is exactly what science states. Science doesn't conclude the exact opposite or in contrast, that would translate to Science has all the known knowledge of the universe. I do not know any credible person in any scientific discipline that would make such as rash statement.

As for the rest of your post, all I can say, if that is your true response, I pity you.

footprints

Science is not religion and it doesn't just come down to faith. Science is based upon verifiable evidence. Religious faith not only lacks evidence, it is considered a virtue in most religions to rely strictly on faith.
The evidence for evolution is not only overwhelmingly strong; it is freely available to anyone who wishes to read up on it. To claim to have knowledge of evolution without even taking the trouble to fully study it is pure intellectual dishonesty.
The argument from design has absolutely no empirical evidence, and relies strictly upon the faith of those who adhere to it.
It would truly be ridiculous and dishonest to suggest otherwise.

Try telling that to Gabe that it isn't a religion.

Science is based upon emperical tests and evaluations and the Suggested or implied outcomes of those tests and evalutions generally based on human observation and interpretation of the aforesaid data.

To believe in the suggested or implied outcomes based on suggestion is identical to any other faith of belief.

Science is not the business of proving anything. Science is the business of trying to explain natural phenomena in the best way possible, given the current knowledge base and understanding we have at any given stage.

Science isn't human. Scientist on the other hand are human, and as such share equal human traites with the rest of humanity.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
2.%20Homo%20and%20chimp.png

Not to be a dick or anything... but you could write anything you want in a graph like that... just replace a few of the names, and you could have yourself a nice creationist picture. I suggest if you want people to see what you see, that you give them pictures of DNA strands etc. It would look much better on your part.

footprints

It is? Neat! Then you can show me examples in nature where complex multicellular organisms appeared out of nowhere.

LOL if that wasn't so inane you would be certifiable.

But since you want to try and use stupid intelligence, please tell me and show me how any theory pertaining to the origin of the universe can exist without first proving our current knowledge of physics wrong.

footprints

Well??? Footprints?
About Vaccination? Could you respond. You claim Evolution does not happen, so how does this work with Vaccination?

Gabe have you heard the saying, patience is a virtue?

I have never claimed evolution does not happen. You have pulled that from your imagination.

I will respond in my own time, not when you throw a tantrum.

Let me (try) to tell you something pertaining to vaccinations. I am sure being an intelligent person, you would have read all the data sheets pertaining to the vaccinations you had, so I shouldn't be telling you anything you don't already know.

No vaccine comes without an element of risk. Some vaccines carry a greater risk potential to others. These risks range from minor irritation to the full blown disease which the vaccination is intended to vaccinate the person from. Sometimes receiving a vaccination can even prove fatal. For most part the greater majority of people in society go uninhibited of any undue effects.

Some people in life do not need a vaccine for certain diseases, their body already carries the required antibodies within their system, and some people are more prone to being affected by vaccines than others.

Now I hope you are at ease with your vaccinations.

gnomon

LOL if that wasn't so inane you would be certifiable.

But since you want to try and use stupid intelligence, please tell me and show me how any theory pertaining to the origin of the universe can exist without first proving our current knowledge of physics wrong.

Our current knowledge of physics lies directly in line with observations of the development of the universe.

What do you propose is different?

Tristesse

There is a thread pertaining to faith, I suggest you join that if you want answers pertaining to faith of belief.

What has it to do with the theory of evolution? Simply because we do not have all knowledge and biology isn't an exact science.

I can understand posters like Auto et al, speaking from finite positions, but I give you credit for a lot more intelligence than I do them.

Ok, once again footprints, what does biology not being an exact science have to do with anything? If by exact you mean we know absolutely everything about it, than no it's not, but than neither is physics or astronomy. So, what's your point? The question isn't, is it an exact science? But is the science reliable? Just because we don't have all of the knowledge of biology or any other science, doesn't mean we don't know anything about it. In fact we know a lot about biology and how it works. So, if your argument is simply that biology isn't an exact science, than how can you trust any science? Because none of them are exact.