• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Will the GOP Appeal to the Largest Voting Bloc: Women?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You’re just twisting her statement for your own nefarious purpose, just like so many others on the left. Happy?
Well, at least thanks for confirming both your hypocrisy and bigotry. "Happy?"

I'm done, btw.

Shad

Veteran Member
According to exit polling in the recent election, women voters outnumbered men by 52% to 48%.

And according to surveys conducted prior to the midterms, women likely-voters preferred Democrats over Republicans by a margarine of 56-40%.

For the actual election, exit polls cited by Pew found a slightly larger percentage of women preferring Democrats over Republicans, 59-40%.

So how do Republicans plan to stop this leakage of women voters to Democrats? What policies do Republicans propose that will attract women? Trying to get the ACA repealed or struck down (and lying about doing so)? Appointing more judges accused of sexual assault to the bench? Defunding Planned Parenthood, along with the other measures of the 4-point plan of the AHCA?

Republicans seem to be running away from the largest voting segment. In the new Congress, there will be fewer Republican women than there were in the previous Congress, declining from 27% to 19% of the women in Congress.

I don't see a way to either ignore or spin these figures so as to suggest that Republicans have hit upon a winning strategy for the future. Trump may have energized the base--but not the one he wanted to energize.

I think the world will be much better when women are able to achieve greater political and socio-economic power. I have no doubt that the US would function better if the ratio of women-to-men in Congress were switched from what it currently is--like, 70% women, 30% men, or whatever. I am a feminist. I am generally happy to be told what to do by a woman. For the most part, I need women more than I need men. I need men to fix plumbing and dislodge rusty bolts, and I also tend to want to marry the cute ones. Even before I finished that sentence, I was reminded that I am married to one of the cute ones, who, unfortunately, is not terribly good at fixing plumbing or dislodging rusty bolts, but is quite handy when I need a mathematical theorem, and otherwise he does wonderful things for me. He's a feminist too.

Anyway, my questions are above.

It shouldn't as women are not a uniform group sharing the same ideas. You can not make everyone happy. More so other GOP policy often "alienate" specific woman. If the GOP continues in it's policy of cutting social programs women on those programs are not going to be happy. They are going to be more willing to vote for the party which does not cut those programs or expands those programs than not. This is a general problem with entitlements programs itself. So in order to appeal to woman, group, the GOP must change policy which has existed for decades thus parroting Dems. Far better to prioritize and cut the losses they try for an unrealistic goal of "group" pandering.

Shaul

Premium Member
This is typical of identity-politics liberal thinking. The notion that people will vote based on their genital plumbing is idiocy.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
This is typical of identity-politics liberal thinking. The notion that people will vote based on their genital plumbing is idiocy.
If your government started passing laws related to your plumbing you might decide it is a relevant factor in how you vote.

metis

How many more stereotypes are you gonna use, and don't you realize that supposedly fighting one stereotype with another is hypocrisy?

Also, there are a thing called "studies" that can lead to "evidence", ya know.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As evidenced by the above, I think we can see why so many women, blacks, and Hispanics have decided to not vote Republican.
You would think it's pretty obvious why those groups tend to not vote Republican. Republicans want to treat women like property and send in men to discuss women's health care. Republicans love to blame black people, portray young black men as thugs, and speak of black women as anything but responsible and dignified. And Hispanics--though a Conservative demograph themselves--aren't really welcomed here by the Republicans who seem to not want to realize that there have always been those of Hispanic origins in America and demand to know why they must "press 1 for English" despite the fact America has always been a multi-lingual nation with no official language.

Nous

Premium Member
This generic poll conducted during the first week of October found that women likely-voters favored Democrats over Republicans 63% to 33%: 2018 election: Democrats are fired up and maintain a strong lead according to poll - CNNPolitics These findings do not bear out your claim.
Actually that is in agreement with what I said.
False. Here is what you said: "Republicans don’t have a gender appeal problem. Republicans can do quite fine with women voters, it all depends on the particular candidate." Women's responses on the generic ballot show your claim to be false.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Nope, this is typical of identity conservative politics and their conspiracy thinking. Only 1 side of the aisle passes propaganda and conspiracies as 'news.'
Those elitists go after low information conservatives to keep getting elected. RW media isn't your friend, they are intentionally taking advantage of America's lowest common denominator to stay in power.

Red states and their policies hurt the middle class, evidence is just looking at republican run states. Some people will get tricked into thinking republicans have their best interests in the long run.

Watchmen

Premium Member
How Christian of you to judge others and put yourself in risk of Hellfire.
Lol! Again making ignorant assumptions. Who ever said I was Christian? Stop now. You’re really making yourself look worse and worse with each post.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Red states and their policies hurt the middle class, evidence is just looking at republican run states. Some people will get tricked into thinking republicans have their best interests in the long run.
Or maybe we should look at democrat run cities. Many people get tricked into thinking Democrats have their best interests in the long run.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
False. Here is what you said: "Republicans don’t have a gender appeal problem. Republicans can do quite fine with women voters, it all depends on the particular candidate." Women's responses on the generic ballot show your claim to be false.
No, True. Your poll was influenced by the particular candidates involved at the time it was taken. More specifically by the great antipathy many women have for Trump, who though not on the ballot skewed that year’s polling. But, hey, please, please, please keep spreading the lie that women are a monolith that hates Republicans. That helps Republicans a lot when they don’t actually vote that way.

metis

I'm sorta glad many who lean or who are Republican don't think there's a women problem, therefore nothing will change, therefore more women will not vote Republican.

Problem solved. :cool:

Nous

Premium Member
No, True. Your poll was influenced by the particular candidates involved at the time it was taken.
Prove it.

You seem to be entirely oblivious to how nonsensical your claims are here. Are these Republican candidates that women reject in favor of Democrats not advocating for the Republican platform as well as the Democratic candidate is?

Nous

Premium Member
I'm sorta glad many who lean or who are Republican don't think there's a women problem, therefore nothing will change, therefore more women will not vote Republican.

This post is basically verbatim of what I was thinking as the page was opening.

It is also perhaps instructive to notice that the responses here from the Republicans who are simply trying to deny the facts are just versions of the Trumpy "black is white, up is down" kind of assertion.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

They should just hold a 1/2 price sale on memberships, maybe with raffle for a pair of free shoes!