• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Will the GOP Appeal to the Largest Voting Bloc: Women?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Again, if you were to get off the stereotyping of people, whether that be left, right, or independent, then maybe people would have some respect for your positions.
Then be honest to yourself.

She didn’t stereotype. She shared her personal experience, which frankly is nearly the same as mine. Do you understand the difference?

tytlyf

Not Religious
I'm a libertarian, leaning right.

That said, my own experiences as a woman tell me that the liberals/Democrats only like women who march in lockstep with their agenda. No free thinkers allowed
What agenda would that be? Pro-choice instead of anti-choice when it comes to abortion? How about equal rights for women and equal pay? The democratic party is the party of free thinkers and progressives. Free thinkers are usually atheists, not the religious.
There is no such thing as 'equal rights' going on there; if there were, the OP question wouldn't be asked
The question needs to be asked of the republican party because they scare away suburban educated women.
After all, the things important to women are the things important to men, as well....same/same.
Some things, not all. For instance, the conservative culture views women as beneath men. That's what the bible teaches. The same people that don't want a woman president, don't want women voting, etc.

So let me ask you, what policy of republicans is your favorite concerning women?

Shaul

Premium Member
Republicans don’t have a gender appeal problem. Republicans can do quite fine with women voters, it all depends on the particular candidate. Yes, Trump is not as liked by women as others. But to say that extends to all Republicans is a falsehood.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Women who think for themselves are probably more likely to lean right....not all the way right, but definitely right...than they are to go left. For one thing, a woman who thinks for herself isn't going to be afraid of being termed 'politically incorrect.' She won't march in lockstep.
Sounds like the old nonsense of "if your not Liberal while young/Conservative when old" and other such malarkey.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You proved her point. The tolerant left is terribly intolerant of anyone who doesn’t think exactly like they do. Why can’t women from both sides march together for equality?
Anyone against abortion is necessarily against women's equality. Do you think someone who's campaigning against, say, the rights of immigrant women or low-income women supports the cause of women's rights in general? If so, then you can understand how someone against the rights of pregnant women is against the cause of women's rights in general.

I guess from the liberal’s position some women are more equal than others.
No, that's the anti-choicer position. They're the ones who relegate pregnant women to a status below that of corpses.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Anyone against abortion is necessarily against women's equality. Do you think someone who's campaigning against, say, the rights of immigrant women or low-income women supports the cause of women's rights in general? If so, then you can understand how someone against the rights of pregnant women is against the cause of women's rights in general.

No, that's the anti-choicer position. They're the ones who relegate pregnant women to a status below that of corpses.
Now you’re making stuff up and making assumptions. Who said anything about abortion? There’s pro-choice conservatives who are rejected from these events. Shows (again) that a woman must have 100% lock step agreement with the left to be accepted. Too bad. The left’s message gets lost in the hate.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Now you’re making stuff up and making assumptions. Who said anything about abortion?
@dianaiad did. When you quoted me, you were quoting my reply to her point about anti-abortion women not being welcome at events.

There’s pro-choice conservatives who are rejected from these events.
On what grounds? There are ways to be against women's rights besides being anti-choice.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Republicans don’t have a gender appeal problem. Republicans can do quite fine with women voters, it all depends on the particular candidate. Yes, Trump is not as liked by women as others. But to say that extends to all Republicans is a falsehood.
Ya, but what happens when RW media goes away? You lose a lot of voters. The republican base votes republican because of RW media.
Other normal republicans vote republican because they like the tax breaks for the wealthy. Normal republicans aren't in the middle class, they're in the 1%.
The republican establishment and their corporate policies know there aren't enough wealthy people in America to elect their party to anything. So what do the elitists do? Well, they go after the conservative culture with their propaganda and convincery.
No one understands that is the real thing going on. If propaganda was obvious, it wouldn't be utilized to this day.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
She didn’t stereotype. She shared her personal experience, which frankly is nearly the same as mine. Do you understand the difference?
It doesn't surprise me one iota that you don't recognize what clearly were stereotypes she used because people who are blind to that tend to have the same exact problem, and they often justify it on the canard of "personal experience". She portrayed women who voted more to the left as essentially being stupid, so now you've made it clear that you agree with her, which says a lot about where you're coming from as well. It's like that you somehow ran IQ tests on millions of women to somehow derive that as your own "personal experience".

She clearly was stereotyping these women, which is a form of lying, but it appears that this really doesn't bother you one iota, which says a lot.

metis

There’s pro-choice conservatives who are rejected from these events. Shows (again) that a woman must have 100% lock step agreement with the left to be accepted.
Ah, a verification of my last post.

BTW, as I posted previously, not only am I a fiscal conservative, I'm also "pro-life", so sorry if I don't fit into your "leftist" stereotype.

Nous

Premium Member
This generic poll conducted during the first week of October found that women likely-voters favored Democrats over Republicans 63% to 33%: 2018 election: Democrats are fired up and maintain a strong lead according to poll - CNNPolitics These findings do not bear out your claim.

Shaul

Premium Member
Ya, but what happens when RW media goes away? You lose a lot of voters. The republican base votes republican because of RW media.
Other normal republicans vote republican because they like the tax breaks for the wealthy. Normal republicans aren't in the middle class, they're in the 1%.
The republican establishment and their corporate policies know there aren't enough wealthy people in America to elect their party to anything. So what do the elitists do? Well, they go after the conservative culture with their propaganda and convincery.
No one understands that is the real thing going on. If propaganda was obvious, it wouldn't be utilized to this day.
LOL
What a zany, wacky world view you have. Democrats are the party of the rich, not Republicans. Look at who are the wealthiest members of Congress, they are Democrats. Republicans are the party of those that aspire to be wealthy. The Republican Party represents main stream America. I know you don’t believe or accept that, but it is true. So because you can’t admit that you invent rationalizations such as weird theories about supposed “right wing media” and conspiracies involving “propaganda”. Lose your tin foil hat.

Shaul

Premium Member
This generic poll conducted during the first week of October found that women likely-voters favored Democrats over Republicans 63% to 33%: 2018 election: Democrats are fired up and maintain a strong lead according to poll - CNNPolitics These findings do not bear out your claim.
Actually that is in agreement with what I said. In this particular election cycle, because of several factors, women leaned more Democratic. But this is more so than usual. Also history shows that women can, and have, supported Republicans. It is more a function of the candidates and personalities involved, as I wrote. Trump is not as popular with women, again, as I wrote. Assuming patterns from this election cycle apply to all election cycles would be a mistake.

Watchmen

Premium Member
It doesn't surprise me one iota that you don't recognize what clearly were stereotypes she used because people who are blind to that tend to have the same exact problem, and they often justify it on the canard of "personal experience". She portrayed women who voted more to the left as essentially being stupid, so now you've made it clear that you agree with her, which says a lot about where you're coming from as well. It's like that you somehow ran IQ tests on millions of women to somehow derive that as your own "personal experience".

She clearly was stereotyping these women, which is a form of lying, but it appears that this really doesn't bother you one iota, which says a lot.

No. She said those she’s talked to on the left respond negatively and don’t listen. Who are you to question her personal experience?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Ah, a verification of my last post.

BTW, as I posted previously, not only am I a fiscal conservative, I'm also "pro-life", so sorry if I don't fit into your "leftist" stereotype.
You’re discounting personal experience. It’s not stereotyping. Not my problem if you don’t recognize the difference.

tytlyf

Not Religious
LOL
What a zany, wacky world view you have. Democrats are the party of the rich, not Republicans. Look at who are the wealthiest members of Congress, they are Democrats. Republicans are the party of those that aspire to be wealthy. The Republican Party represents main stream America. I know you don’t believe or accept that, but it is true. So because you can’t admit that you invent rationalizations such as weird theories about supposed “right wing media” and conspiracies involving “propaganda”. Lose your tin foil hat.
Uhuh. I bet you drive a van/truck with a lot of weird stickers. Such devotion from a foreigner.
I bet you get triggered knowing 3 out of 4 jews in America vote democratic. Only dumbdumbs vote republican.

metis

No. She said those she’s talked to on the left respond negatively and don’t listen. Who are you to question her personal experience?
Well, "personal experience" can also sometimes be deceptive. She used stereotyping, which you seem to like to use as well since you can't even see it in her posts. And have you ever heard of something called "confirmation bias"?

But I guess you can believe in whatever suits your fancy, but as for me I do believe that stereotyping groups is a form of lying as the implication is that they're all the same, and at least I try to avoid it. You'd be surprised on just how using words like "some", "many", "few", etc. can be used to avoid stereotyping, so maybe give them a try.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Well, "personal experience" can also sometimes be deceptive. She used stereotyping, which you seem to like to use as well since you can't even see it in her posts. And have you ever heard of something called "confirmation bias"?

But I guess you can believe in whatever suits your fancy, but as for me I do believe that stereotyping groups is a form of lying as the implication is that they're all the same, and at least I try to avoid it. You'd be surprised on just how using words like "some", "many", "few", etc. can be used to avoid stereotyping, so maybe give them a try.
You’re just twisting her statement for your own nefarious purpose, just like so many others on the left. Happy?