• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should the Christian Church treat homosexuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Any theology that states good people can go to hell is downright offensive IMO. The sheer thought that a mass murderer can go to heaven when someone like Gandhi cannot, makes no sense.

espo35

That is one reason why I am not a Christian. The God I would have to follow is portrayed as a monster in his book. He hates nearly anything and everything. I embrace the fact that people are different and diverse, and although I don't completely understand how a Christian can ignore the things God did in the past as well as cherry pick the living hell out of what they want to Bible to mean, as long as that makes them happy I am okay with it. I will just never understand it :)

A "monster" who sacrifices his son so that we can have eternal life? The same monster who created us and the planet we live one?

:)

Photonic

Ad astra!
A "monster" who sacrifices his son so that we can have eternal life? The same monster who created us and the planet we live one?

The same monster who would put innocent people to eternal torture (infinite btw) for not believing in him.

Yea...I think loving is not something that would describe your God.

Vengeful? Aggressive? Jealous? Hateful?

I would say that and more.

Blackdog22

Yeah the guy that put an apple tree in the middle of some garden with 2 people who had no understanding of right and wrong and then cursed the entire of humanity for these 2 people who he, intentionally created dumb, and then eventually wiped them all out in a giant flood. The guy who commanded that gays to die and anyone who didn't follow him.

The sacrifice he sent was just him sacrificing himself to himself for the curse he put on us for setting us up to fail in the first place. The guy is at the very least psychotic.

He then goes onto making a place of hell for the angels whom, you have to assume he loved just as much as us, unless he plays favorites just to **** the angels off. He then decides that if we don't believe in him, with no reason whatsoever, that we will burn in hell out of choice for not believing in something that we can't possibly know for certain about, and then he calls that faith and says its good for reasons beyond my understanding.

Jesus supposedly conquered the curse that God(AKA Jesus) put on us, yet we still die, still have pain in child birth, we still have to work off the land, snakes still eat dirt (rofl, some humor helps). As far as I see it, Jesus didn't do diddley squad and his sacrifice was him suffering for a day then being God forever. Poor guy....

yourgraceisenough

That is one reason why I am not a Christian. The God I would have to follow is portrayed as a monster in his book. He hates nearly anything and everything. I embrace the fact that people are different and diverse, and although I don't completely understand how a Christian can ignore the things God did in the past as well as cherry pick the living hell out of what they want to Bible to mean, as long as that makes them happy I am okay with it. I will just never understand it :)

ha ha ha of course thats the reason....:)

yourgraceisenough

Any theology that states good people can go to hell is downright offensive IMO. The sheer thought that a mass murderer can go to heaven when someone like Gandhi cannot, makes no sense.

ha ha ha what a flawed arguement, define "good" and what standards you would use to measure that "good".....:facepalm::)

yourgraceisenough

ha ha ha yes someone who sacrifices his son so you can walk blameless, what a total monster...:facepalm:

how dare he make a way for us to be with him...just unforgivable...:facepalm::D

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
ha ha ha what a flawed arguement, define "good" and what standards you would use to measure that "good".....:facepalm::)

Not that hard. Good is an action that benefits society and keeps one's autonomy. Evil is the opposite. Not hard to measure that.

yourgraceisenough

Not that hard. Good is an action that benefits society and keeps one's autonomy. Evil is the opposite. Not hard to measure that.

ha ha ha what a terrible and ridiculous definition, your idea of good and evil, your standards, just relative and by no means a set standard...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.