• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should the Christian Church treat homosexuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
In response to another thread where we are asked not to debate whether homosexuality is a sin, I wanted to create this one. In this one I want you to really think about it, question the very cores of your assumptions.

chinu

chinu
fantôme profane;2626859 said:
Should treat like very small childrens who actually don't know what are they doing, and seniors of the chruch should teach them by becoming a role model infront of them.

Please forgive me -- if i have said anything wrong.

_/\_
Chinu

A

angellous_evangellous

Homophobes need to let homosexuals teach them about God. Instead of the other way around.

That should cause things to work out nicely.

A

angellous_evangellous

:takeabow:

I'll be signing autographs in the back after the show.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

No differently than any other being created by God.

Man of Faith

The same way that the church treats adulterers and those living together without being married. And that is to tell them it is wrong and a sin what they are doing, with as much love as possible. You’ve heard of tough love?

A

angellous_evangellous

The same way that the church treats adulterers and those living together without being married. And that is to tell them it is wrong and a sin what they are doing, with as much love as possible. You’ve heard of tough love?

(I'm not talking to you MoF, but about your post)

The problem with this is that people who believe this way cannot sequester themselves together in a perfect little world where they can hate on each other in the name of "tough love." That is, there will always be homosexuals in evangelical communities that will be bullied their entire lives.

What a shame that the name of Christ is used to curse people.

Walkntune

fantôme profane;2626859 said:
In response to another thread where we are asked not to debate whether homosexuality is a sin, I wanted to create this one. In this one I want you to really think about it, question the very cores of your assumptions.
People are not their actions. We are human beings and not human doers.I am a guitarist but i still like for people to recognize that i am a real person with thoughts and feelings.I like to separate myself from my actions and I am greatful that their are those who love me despite some of my actions that they reject.
I am not justified by my actions therefore I am also not condemned by them.
Those who live by a label will die by a label! Or was that a sword I forget!:D

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

People are not their actions. We are human beings and not human doers.I am a guitarist but i still like for people to recognize that i am a real person with thoughts and feelings.I like to separate myself from my actions and I am greatful that their are those who love me despite some of my actions that they reject.
I am not justified by my actions therefore I am also not condemned by them.

Maybe not by God. But your actions have a great impact on your justification and condemnation by "men."

Walkntune

Maybe not by God. But your actions have a great impact on your justification and condemnation by "men."
Tis why I seek truth within and not from without!Truth is the reason people look to others for acceptance is because they don't accept themselves.Once you truly find yourself through your spiritual journey then you realise acceptance from without no longer matters.Noone was condemned more than Jesus even unto this day!

A

angellous_evangellous

Tis why I seek truth within and not from without!Truth is the reason people look to others for acceptance is because they don't accept themselves.Once you truly find yourself through your spiritual journey then you realise acceptance from without no longer matters.Noone was condemned more than Jesus even unto this day!

I'm not talking about acceptance. I was thinking about actions like murder. You can't be justified before men for doing that (unless something is messed up), and you will be condemned by that action.

It works with all sorts of things - your job, education, even sports.

Yet this one little exception - being Christian - gives you the right to judge someone else for something that's not even any of your business anyway.

A

angellous_evangellous

:biglaugh:

I just can't believe homosexuality is still a flagship issue, and that people dance around that with vague exhortations to be loving while refusing to act loving.

I think that it's a self-justification more than an apology meant to convince others that what they are doing is right.

They need a guise for their hatred, so they choose a hallmark of the Christian faith as the whipping-boy: love.

It's sort of ironic, but the hatred is so enduring and extreme that it needs something powerful to cloak it.

A

angellous_evangellous

Angellous posseses a verrrrrry long asterisk.

I can't help it if ************* has 13 letters. :shrug:

It's the best explicative that I could think of without taking the Lord's name in vain. It starts with mother and the end rhymes with sucking.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
I think that it's a self-justification more than an apology meant to convince others that what they are doing is right.

They need a guise for their hatred, so they choose a hallmark of the Christian faith as the whipping-boy: love.

It's sort of ironic, but the hatred is so enduring and extreme that it needs something powerful to cloak it.

Wow, great point. And extremely chilling, because it says instead of self-reflection, we can defend our hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.