• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much this theory is wrong?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The sun circles the Milky Way at a speed of about 486,000 miles per hour. Right? And the planets follow it. Right? Please.
Regards.
You have missed a stage .
The sun and solar system are on the arm of the spiral galaxy we call the milkey way. The whole thing is rotating around a black hole in the centre.
However does not stop there,.as the entire universe is expanding.
Us the solar system and the galaxy and the universe are all in relative motion.

sovietchild

You have missed a stage .
The sun and solar system are on the arm of the spiral galaxy we call the milkey way. The whole thing is rotating around a black hole in the centre.
However does not stop there,.as the entire universe is expanding.
Us the solar system and the galaxy and the universe are all in relative motion.

Kirran

Premium Member
@paarsurrey how do you feel about sovietchild using 'Please. Right? Regards.' after everything like you do? It's kind of uncomfortable, that's such a unique thing about you!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Trying to tie the motion of the solar system to "life" and Fibonacci mathematics is a bit of a stretch, but expanding the motion of the Sun and planets into a 2nd dimension is nothing remarkable.

Isn't it general knowledge that the planets orbit the Sun, that the Sun and planets rotate with our galaxy and that the galaxy moves through space in yet a third direction?
The video showed just two directions of movement, and any schoolchild can tell you there are at least three. The video was oversimplified.

Then there's relativity to consider. Motion is measured as change in distance from a fixed point, but one's fixed point is arbitrary. If the distance between two rocks in deep space is changing, which one is moving -- or are they both moving?

Mathematically, wouldn't declaring the moon a fixed point and having the Sun, Earth, other planets, Milky Way and all the rest of the Universe moving in complex orbits around it be as valid as any other interpretation?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
How am I disrespecting him? Am I not following him?

Firstly, you have a quote as part of your signature - "A leader is not a fool, a leader is someone who pretends to be a fool." I'm going to break this to you as gently as I can. As far as can be determined by the vast majority of members of this forum, he's not pretending.

Secondly, you need to reread what I wrote, in context. I said nothing about you being flippant.

sovietchild

Firstly, you have a quote as part of your signature - "A leader is not a fool, a leader is someone who pretends to be a fool." I'm going to break this to you as gently as I can. As far as can be determined by the vast majority of members of this forum, he's not pretending.

Secondly, you need to reread what I wrote, in context. I said nothing about you being flippant.

What is wrong with pretending to be a fool?

siti

Mathematically, wouldn't declaring the moon a fixed point and having the Sun, Earth, other planets, Milky Way and all the rest of the Universe moving in complex orbits around it be as valid as any other interpretation?
Right on my brother - I was wondering how long it would take someone to think of that. We could take any arbitrary point - like the moon - and make it the mathematical center. The relative motion of the rest of the entire universe could, in theory, be accurately modeled and calculated (as long as you remember to allow for space-time curvature etc.) from that because the point is its all relative. So claiming that a particular mathematical model IS correct is incorrect. However, since we have invoked the moon, I suggest we call this alternative the loony model! :fullmoonface:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Maybe we should move this to a humor DIR.
Why is it that so many threads created by our delightful Muslims end like this?
53658.jpg
Right? Please
Regards

Milton Platt

Have you ever seen this video (down below)? Some one send me a privet messages and stated that it's about 80% wrong. How much do you think it's wrong from 0 to 100.

I watched the video....There was no theory presented. Where can you find a theory that supports this???