• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much this theory is wrong?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've often wondered what it would like if we were to see a computer model of the Earth's movement through space taking everything we know into account.
Where would you pick for a fixed point? You could get any number of patterns, depending.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Have you ever seen this video (down below)? Some one send me a privet messages and stated that it's about 80% wrong. How much do you think it's wrong from 0 to 100.

I think the point that was meant to be made is that the heliocentric solar system does not travel through space like a frisbee, but moves as one front in the helical form. In this, they are 100% correct.

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
I think the point that was meant to be made is that the heliocentric solar system does not travel through space like a frisbee, but moves as one front in the helical form. In this, they are 100% correct.
Yea it is interesting how we interpret . I really enjoyed the sun flying in void space as the planet's rotated around apparently there is no galaxy!!! Those lying scientists!!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yea it is interesting how we interpret . I really enjoyed the sun flying in void space as the planet's rotated around apparently there is no galaxy!!! Those lying scientists!!
I do not understand about enjoying the sun flying through void space...what do you mean?

David T

Premium Member
I do not understand about enjoying the sun flying through void space...what do you mean?
Well he has the solar system in isolation to start with that should be first on everyone's understanding. I could go on and on but not worth it. Nifty graphics though.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well he has the solar system in isolation to start with that should be first on everyone's understanding. I could go on and on but not worth it. Nifty graphics though.
Well yes of course he does, because he is only explaining that the solar system does not travel like a discus as many uninformed people suppose, but travels in a helical form. If he were to include info wrt its travels around the center of the galaxy, you would be informed it is in the direction of our north pole, do you follow?

raw_thought

I think that Kilgore had a knee jerk reaction and kicked himself in the ***. In other words he assumed that the OP was stupid and that he is so stupendously wise that any inane post he made would not be stupid.

David T

Premium Member
Well yes of course he does, because he is only explaining that the solar system does not travel like a discus as many uninformed people suppose, but travels in a helical form. If he were to include info wrt its travels around the center of the galaxy, you would be informed it is in the direction of our north pole, do you follow?
Looking at things in isolation in nature is entertainment not science at best. Even many in science do this as well. I could go off on all the issues it's bunk.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Have you ever seen this video (down below)? Some one send me a privet messages and stated that it's about 80% wrong. How much do you think it's wrong from 0 to 100.

still looks good to me

is there a confirmation?.....or just a possible line of direction
if Sol is moving with it's direction aligned to it's axis......

spot on

HonestJoe

I'm sorry but you're using an inane, but nevertheless registered trademark of paarsurrey for ending his posts. Please choose something original.
Or it’s the same person with two accounts who mixed up their personas. :eek:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I think that Kilgore had a knee jerk reaction and kicked himself in the ***. In other words he assumed that the OP was stupid and that he is so stupendously wise that any inane post he made would not be stupid.

I didn't assume anything. It's self-evident.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Looking at things in isolation in nature is entertainment not science at best. Even many in science do this as well. I could go off on all the issues it's bunk.
You are not making sense, it is not looking at things in isolation to point out to the scientifically ignorant that that the solar system does not move like a discus. How else would they be aware of their mistake. Now I get it that folk get embarrassed when their ignorance about such matters is exposed, but please do not be a cry baby and find fault in the messenger.. :)

David T

Premium Member
You are not making sense, it is not looking at things in isolation to point out to the scientifically ignorant that that the solar system does not move like a discus. How else would they be aware of their mistake. Now I get it that folk get embarrassed when their ignorance about such matters is exposed, but please do not be a cry baby and find fault in the messenger.. :)
ok we obviously aren't clearly communicating here. So we can agree that the flat mechanical solar system doesn't exist and I might say that's already understood in science so the article has some relevancy to science but not accurate Like astrology.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
ok we obviously aren't clearly communicating here. So we can agree that the flat mechanical solar system doesn't exist and I might say that's already understood in science so the article has some relevancy to science but not accurate Like astrology.
Not accurate....like astrology? o_O

I must admit to not understanding where you are coming from, can you please explain why pointing out the solar system disc moves spirally at right angles to the disc's plane is not accurate? And also how is that explanation like astrology?

Last edited:

sovietchild

Not accurate....like astrology? o_O

I must admit to not understanding where you are coming from, can you please explain why pointing out the solar system disc moves spirally at right angles to the disc's plane is not accurate? And also how is that explanation like astrology?

Looks same to me. How can it be 80% wrong?