• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much this theory is wrong?

sovietchild

Have you ever seen this video (down below)? Some one send me a privet messages and stated that it's about 80% wrong. How much do you think it's wrong from 0 to 100.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Have you ever seen this video (down below)? Some one send me a privet messages and stated that it's about 80% wrong. How much do you think it's wrong from 0 to 100.

This video doesn't contradict the Heliocentric Model because the Sun is still at the centre of our star system being orbited by the planets as opposed to orbiting them. The Heliocentric Model, as far as I'm aware, doesn't specifically state that the Sun is completely stationary in space.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
People who don't even understand basic Newtonian physics, nor what the heliocentric model is, shouldn't be making videos about the interaction of astronomical bodies.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Okat, but how about the theory of that video? Is it 100% wrong?

Make a bullet-point list of all the specific claims made by the video (implicitly or explicitly), and I will tell you which claims are incorrect or not. You can then add up and weigh those responses however you want to come to some arbitrary percentage if you want.

sovietchild

Make a bullet-point list of all the specific claims made by the video (implicitly or explicitly), and I will tell you which claims are incorrect or not. You can then add up and weigh those responses however you want to come to some arbitrary percentage if you want.

The sun circles the Milky Way at a speed of about 486,000 miles per hour. Right? And the planets follow it. Right? Please.
Regards.

Shad

Veteran Member

It is an outdated video with an outdated model making claims removed by the creator of the model. The one below is from 2015. He also explains how you read the model wrong in the 2.0 description which you have done in other posts above.

Gotta say I had a good laugh.

"And the planets follow it"

Skwim

Veteran Member
Why? Why not 50/50
Why not? because not even 50% of his claim is correct.

1) It shows planets lagging behind the sun. They do not.
2) It says the system is a vortex. It is not

VORTEX: definition-physics
"A vortex is a region in which a fluid or gas flows in a spiral toward the vortex center. The speed of fluid flow is fastest at the center of the vortex, and decreases with distance from the vortex center. Tornados and whirlpools are examples of vortices. Quantized vortices will appear in a superfluid when it is rotated fast enough, and quantized vortices will form in the electron gas inside a type-II superconductor when it is placed in a strong enough magnetic field.'
source

Aside from the fact that the solar system is neither a fluid or a gas, the planets do not spiral toward the center. They retain their distances. Trouble is, the idiot believes the solar system's trajectory is equivalent to the figure it creates in space. And, if one contends the vortex is a rigid body vortex (a very special type of vortex) then the solar system, considered as a stationary unit in the galaxy, would qualify and be regarded as such, but it isn't. No one considers our solar system to be a vortex.

solarsystem.gif

3) It says the it's a helical model. It is not. In a helical model all the elements, which would include the Sun, rotate around an external axis. as shown below.

p_helix.jpg

4) It assumes the direction of travel of the solar system is at a right angle to its orbital plane. It is not.

"The orbits of the major planets of the solar system all lie in a narrow plane, which is tilted at about 60 degrees to the disc of stars that forms the Milky Way."
source

60% NOT 90% as depicted in the video.

Last edited:

sovietchild

It is an outdated video with an outdated model making claims removed by the creator of the model. The one below is from 2015. He also explains how you read the model wrong in the 2.0 description which you have done in other posts above.

Gotta say I had a good laugh.

"And the planets follow it"

To me its kind of the same. The sun traveling through space and the planets following it.