• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much is Obama Care going to cost you?

tarasan

After suffering through the reading of this post, I find the last line to be very ironic.

actually i totaly get that post, seriously Obama is suggesting something very clseo to the NHS and america is up in arms about it, the things Ive been hearing you would think Ive been living in a communist Country all my life.

I mean our healthcare isnt the best but its statistically better than yours.

Mr Cheese

actually i totaly get that post, seriously Obama is suggesting something very clseo to the NHS and america is up in arms about it, the things Ive been hearing you would think Ive been living in a communist Country all my life.

I mean our healthcare isnt the best but its statistically better than yours.

one just has to examine where USA is statistically, worldwide, for life expectancy....

hint: It is NOT 1st...:facepalm:

Mr Cheese

yeah USA is near the bottom isnt it?

which means they are probably doing something that is every wrong...

no,

38th out of 195.... so not bad...but still

the UK is 22nd......... (cough cough)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

In fact I am pretty sure that most if not all of the top 20 have socialized healthcare...

You have to remeber also, currently US healthcare is one of, if not the most, expensive in the world

The CIA ranks USA as 49th....

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html

again with the UK at about 10 above at 36th

finally!

Bosnia and Herzegovina with its GDP of 18.5 Billion dollars http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...+Herzegovina+gdp&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

outflanks USA with its GDP of 14.6 Trillion dollars

at 43rd accoridng to the CIA, and nearly a whole extra 6 months on average life expectancy....

Now, I dont think you need to be a rocket scientist here, to see that somethign is indeed VERY WRONG

Last edited:

tarasan

no,

38th out of 195.... so not bad...but still

the UK is 22nd......... (cough cough)

List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In fact I am pretty sure that most if not all of the top 20 have socialized healthcare...

You have to remeber also, currently US healthcare is one of, if not the most, expensive in the world

alright at least we beat the US!

soz for getting the stuff wrong XD

im quite the laymen when it comes to stuff like this.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

Yeah, I'd probably avoid addressing Balance's post by posting a link to an old, unrelated article, too, if I was you, Rick. It's OK, we already know you don't really have much of a response.

That makes sense to you? :rolleyes:

Yup, but that's probably just because I'm a rational, reasonable human being. Sorry.

Yeah, we made a crappy bill to apease people that did not vote our way, nor did we need their votes to accomplish anything.

You're not suggesting I have to teach you about bipartisanship and compromise, are you? I mean, you're many years older than me. I thought you would have learned about such things by now. If I feel like it, I'll give you a tutorial on them later.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Yeah, I'd probably avoid addressing Balance's post by posting a link to an old, unrelated article, too, if I was you, Rick. It's OK, we already know you don't really have much of a response.

Yup, but that's probably just because I'm a rational, reasonable human being. Sorry.

You're not suggesting I have to teach you about bipartisanship and compromise, are you? I mean, you're many years older than me. I thought you would have learned about such things by now. If I feel like it, I'll give you a tutorial on them later.

Why are you so angry Matt?
Why so condescending? :confused:

I thought all the angry white guys where Conservatives. :yes:

I don't need for you to explain the short comings of Liberals who need a federal government for their existence. :no:

I can even excuse you for being generous with OTHER FOLKS MONEY! :p

Seriously Matt, you should be happy right now. You have a Democratic President, Congress and have a nice majority in the Senate to pass almost anything you want with out appeasing a single evil Republican.

It's your sides turn to be in control.

Gitmo is still open
DADT is still around
We are still in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan too :sorry1:

You guys passed a crappy bill without appeasing a single Republican.

YOU DID NOT NEED TO MAKE A BI-PARTISIAN BILL :sleep:

And then you feel the need to talk down to me like you are so superior and that if we would only listen to your explanations, everyone would think just like you do. :sorry1:

Your intolerance for opinions other than your own while displaying a desperate need to demonise anyone who is not in lock step with you is very telling.

If your so upset and grumpy now, just what are you going to do come this November? :slap:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Why are you so angry Matt?
Why so condescending?

I'm not angry, just annoyed. Condescending? I only give what I get, Rick.

I don't need for you to explain the short comings of Liberals who need a federal government for their existence. :no:

Good, because I wouldn't try to educate you on something that's only in your head.

Seriously Matt, you should be happy right now. You have a Democratic President, Congress and have a nice majority in the Senate to pass almost anything you want with out appeasing a single evil Republican.

That would be great, except that the president is not going to do a lot of what I'd like him to.

Gitmo is still open
DADT is still around

See my above point.

You guys passed a crappy bill without appeasing a single Republican.

YOU DID NOT NEED TO MAKE A BI-PARTISIAN BILL

So, what you're saying is you need me to explain bipartisanship and compromise to you? Well, I'll try, but I don't have time at the moment. I'll have to get back to you.

And then you feel the need to talk down to me like you are so superior and that if we would only listen to your explanations, everyone would think just like you do.

I talk down to you because I explain things to you over and over and over again, and you just ignore what I say.

Your intolerance for opinions other than your own while displaying a desperate need to demonise anyone who is not in lock step with you is very telling.

I'd love to see an example of me demonizing anyone who is not in lock step with me. Also, I don't have an intolerance for opinions other than my own. You're welcome to think whatever you want about country music, despite my dislike of it. What I am intolerant of is lies and willful ignorance.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
That would be great, except that the president is not going to do a lot of what I'd like him to.
There is the problem. Please stop blaming Republicans right now.
So, what you're saying is you need me to explain bipartisanship and compromise to you? Well, I'll try, but I don't have time at the moment. I'll have to get back to you.
Matt, you only need a bipartisan bill when you do not have enough votes in your own party to pass a bill.

Democrats could have passed any bill they wanted to with out being bipartisan.

It is a simple point my friend.
I talk down to you because I explain things to you over and over and over again, and you just ignore what I say.

I don't ignore you, I disagree with you.:areyoucra

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
There is the problem. Please stop blaming Republicans right now.

Nope. Obama's plan for healthcare reform was still better than what we ended up with.

Matt, you only need a bipartisan bill when you do not have enough votes in your own party to pass a bill.

That's true. I already told you, though, that I don't have time to explain bipartisanship or compromise to you right now.

Democrats could have passed any bill they wanted to with out being bipartisan.

You saying it over and over is not going to make it any more relevant.

It is a simple point my friend.

Yes, it is. It's also an irrelevant point, my friend.

I don't ignore you, I disagree with you.:areyoucra

Yes, you disagree with me and ignore what I say half the time.

Mr Cheese

how do you deal with the fact that statisitcally the people of Bosnia and Herzegovina are healthier than americans rick?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
how do you deal with the fact that statisitcally the people of Bosnia and Herzegovina are healthier than americans rick?

I don't know. I will be willing to bet that they don't have the cars and houses and all the other goodies we have though. I don't want to live like they do so I can live 6 months longer. :facepalm:

Mr Cheese

I don't know. I will be willing to bet that they don't have the cars and houses and all the other goodies we have though. I don't want to live like they do so I can live 6 months longer. :facepalm:

better to have a car....

than let your fellow americans live healthier than a country with 1000 times less GDP approx.....

ok

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Gitmo is still open
DADT is still around
Bill signed.
Being debated.
Troops are being withdrawn from Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm not sure about Pakistan though.

YOU DID NOT NEED TO MAKE A BI-PARTISIAN BILL :sleep:
We ALL know that if Obama didn't insist on bi-partisianship, then people would be crying that his being unfair.

And this ties into our situation how? I've been telling people since the health care bill started that it is very unfair to automatically assume that our health care system will work like any other nations. And there are plenty of areas that can easily take a pay cut to pay for health care, such as military spending. Rather than building war machines and bombs, we could easily build hospitals and treatments.