• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much is Obama Care going to cost you?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Income Level Premium as a Percent of Income
Up to 133% FPL 2% of income
133-150% FPL 3 – 4% of income
150-200% FPL 4 – 6.3% of income
200-250% FPL 6.3 – 8.05% of income
250-300% FPL 8.05 – 9.5% of income
300-400% FPL 9.5% of income
Note: The Federal Poverty Level (FPL) was $10,830 for an individual and $22,050 for a family of four through early 2010. For more

information, please see the Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines, available at Poverty Guidelines, Research, and Measurement: Home Page

So a single man making 30K a year would have to pay $2,850.00 after the government gives him a tax subsidy.

A family of four making 85K would pay around 8 grand.

This is the silver plan, it only pays 70% of your medical bill.
Currently the cap is $7,933 a year unless you are a smoker, the rates are 50% more for you. :yes:

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

yay ANOTHER thread started by Rick that is essentially saying:

Democrats = doo doo heads

:areyoucra

Thank You Rick for pointing out some stuff...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Just so we are clear, if your single, smoke and make over $43,320.00

Your mandatory health insurance will cost you, just under 12K, (11,900).

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
yay ANOTHER thread started by Rick that is essentially saying:

Democrats = doo doo heads

:areyoucra

Thank You Rick for pointing out some stuff...

I believe people may want to know how much they are going to have to pay for their insurance. :sorry1:

Mr Cheese

I believe people may want to know how much they are going to have to pay for their insurance. :sorry1:

:) Yeah, this thread is free of agenda...:sarcastic

I think people can look for themselves ultimatly

also I thought this was all subject to change anyway...

Have you made sure your sources arent over a year old..like that time about the dog

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Oh, by the way, if you enjoy a "Cadillac Policy", (over 27,500 a year on a family of four) you will be subject to a 40% tax.

A

angellous_evangellous

Ya know, Rick....

You can cry wolf only so many times...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
:) Yeah, this thread is free of agenda...:sarcastic

So far in this thread, the only one with an agenda seems to be you. :facepalm:

This is typical Liberal tactics of demonising the other side while avoiding the facts at all cost.

I have a question Cheese, before this thread did you know what you where going to have to pay out of pocket for Obama Care?

You know, you have every right to your opinion, but you don't have a right to your own facts.

Why on earth would you take offense to me shedding some light on the responsibilities every American has now?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Income Level Premium as a Percent of Income​
Up to 133% FPL 2% of income
133-150% FPL 3 – 4% of income
150-200% FPL 4 – 6.3% of income
200-250% FPL 6.3 – 8.05% of income
250-300% FPL 8.05 – 9.5% of income
300-400% FPL 9.5% of income​
Note: The Federal Poverty Level (FPL) was $10,830 for an individual and $22,050 for a family of four through early 2010. For more​
information, please see the Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines, available at Poverty Guidelines, Research, and Measurement: Home Page

So a single man making 30K a year would have to pay $2,850.00 after the government gives him a tax subsidy.

A family of four making 85K would pay around 8 grand.

This is the silver plan, it only pays 70% of your medical bill.
Currently the cap is $7,933 a year unless you are a smoker, the rates are 50% for you. :yes:
Actually, that should read "No more than 'such and such' % of income.
Those are the premium limits. Not the actual costs.
Also the 70% is the minimum for those at the 300-400% FPL.

So, this is how much it could cost you, not how much it will cost you.
Open market is still available.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Actually, that should read "No more than 'such and such' % of income.
Those are the premium limits. Not the actual costs.
Also the 70% is the minimum for those at the 300-400% FPL.

Thanks for the clarification. :eek:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
If you choose not to pay your premiums, you will be fined.

$695.00 a year or 2.5% of your income which ever is higher.

Mr Cheese

Mental disorders are common in the United States and internationally. An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older — about one in four adults — suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.1 When applied to the 2004 U.S. Census residential population estimate for ages 18 and older, this figure translates to 57.7 million people.2 Even though mental disorders are widespread in the population, the main burden of illness is concentrated in a much smaller proportion — about 6 percent, or 1 in 17 — who suffer from a serious mental illness.1 In addition, mental disorders are the leading cause of disability in the U.S. and Canada.3 Many people suffer from more than one mental disorder at a given time. Nearly half (45 percent) of those with any mental disorder meet criteria for 2 or more disorders, with severity strongly related to comorbidity.1
In the U.S., mental disorders are diagnosed based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition (DSM-IV).4

NIMH · The Numbers Count: Mental Disorders in America

one source...

I believe this was the source I originally saw:

3. The World Health Organization. The global burden of disease: 2004 update, Table A2: Burden of disease in DALYs by cause, sex and income group in WHO regions, estimates for 2004. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO, 2008. http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/GBD_report_2004update_AnnexA.pdf.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

The problem is,if you are young and healthy your premiums could go up. Today's insurers that sell policies to individuals generally set their price based on risk, the same way an auto insurer does. That can mean unaffordable high prices for people are sicker, but the flip side is that healthy people pay less.

By leveling out the premiums as well as mandating benefits that a healthy person might choose to fore go, the new law could result in higher prices in the individual market for those who rarely go to the doctor.

Young men, for example, could see their premiums rise more than 15% IN MANY STATES

Source: Money Magazine May 2010

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Mental disorders are common in the United States and internationally. An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older — about one in four adults — suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.1 When applied to the 2004 U.S. Census residential population estimate for ages 18 and older, this figure translates to 57.7 million people.2 Even though mental disorders are widespread in the population, the main burden of illness is concentrated in a much smaller proportion — about 6 percent, or 1 in 17 — who suffer from a serious mental illness.1 In addition, mental disorders are the leading cause of disability in the U.S. and Canada.3 Many people suffer from more than one mental disorder at a given time. Nearly half (45 percent) of those with any mental disorder meet criteria for 2 or more disorders, with severity strongly related to comorbidity.1
In the U.S., mental disorders are diagnosed based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition (DSM-IV).4

NIMH · The Numbers Count: Mental Disorders in America

one source...

OK, thanks for the source, now tell me, what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

Remember, you accused me of going to run off on a tangent earlier.

So far I have not call the dem's do do heads even once! :p

Last edited: