• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many Of Us Are Wondering ...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Your logic as to who and when gets infected is confusing, ignoring the facts, and ignores that actual causes and the lack of preventive measures is a fact that have consistently spread the COVID-19. No magic involved COVID-19 does not inform when it strikes, though it is opportunistic for those who are foolishly unprotected.. It is a fact that the conservative Republicans, consistently in a cavaliar way are unbelievably irresponsible. There have been people infected in previous campaign events, and high ranking black support dies after one of these events. You increase the risk the more unprotected campaign events you will increase the COVID-19 infections.

I read this a couple of times. I can't find the connection. I said it's not a 100% full infection regardless who it is and who it spreads to.

I find it fishy he gets sick (hospitalized) right after the debate.

I wouldn't be surprised all the stress and people hating his guts have triggered his symptoms. Stress tends to put a number on the immune system especially if he already had a pre-existing condition or so have you beforehand.

I'm not sure where I disagree with you on these things?

Heyo

Veteran Member
As a fan of science & safe plague behavior, I'll not
assume that this will protect me from the deniers
& slackers. I'm more concerned with the here & now
than evolution of humans in generations to come.
I think I was much too obscure in my analogy. As long as 2 Republican Senators more than Democrat Senators don't vote (slight difference), the place of RBG won't be filled before the election (long term consequences).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think I was much too obscure in my analogy. As long as 2 Republican Senators more than Democrat Senators don't vote (slight difference), the place of RBG won't be filled before the election (long term consequences).
OK.

exchemist

Veteran Member
While I don't believe you can control the virus in the short period of time, the rest it would have been helpful if he worked with other countries. I can't back it up, but I honestly believe that the number of cases, death, confirmed cases, and people who are suspected with symptoms are tossed in together as well as people with pre-existing illness that made those death counts so high in a short period of time. It's hard to see one side of the story. Even something unrelated, when I watch a football game I root for any one of the team who made a "good shot". Not taking sides per team just watching how it plays out and what the people do. Same with politics. .... but thankfully I'm not all into that. Maybe take a break from the television? I don't know.
If he had only refrained from undermining the health measures and from turning the honest efforts of everyone to control this virus into adversarial politics, you would have a lot fewer dead.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I read this a couple of times. I can't find the connection. I said it's not a 100% full infection regardless who it is and who it spreads to.

As before this is not a meaningful coherent response to the discussion. It is like saying the sky is Carolina blue on a clear day on the 4th of July.

People like Trump with a number of complicating factors obviously will likely admitted to the hospital, and Trump is a special case being President.

I wouldn't be surprised all the stress and people hating his guts have triggered his symptoms. Stress tends to put a number on the immune system especially if he already had a pre-existing condition or so have you beforehand.

I disagree on this one, because it is not remotely meaningful. Trump was cavaliar and neglectful of not only him self, but all those around him, and lied and deceived the public concerning the risk of COVID-19. Trump put himself at great risk and the result is as expected.

Disagree that anything is unusual nor unexpected surrounding the circumstances of Trump' COVID-19 and many of those around him, because of cavalier and irresponsible words and actions and lack of leadership in a crisis.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Like the 3 infected journalists in the news today?

Not a lower rate, because they were put in a crowded situation by White House policies, and at a higher risk category,

Yes....one Republican becoming infected indicates a preference.

Of course not, but the problem is many have been infected, because of the cavalier irresponsible behavior of the Republicans.

And those who reject the science of safe behavior pose
a risk to others. I'm surprised you'd argue this point.

Yes, I believe I emphasized this. I apologize for the misstep.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
As before this is not a meaningful coherent response to the discussion. It is like saying the sky is Carolina blue on a clear day on the 4th of July.

It made sense in the conversation I was having with someone else. Can't remember the name at the moment.

People like Trump with a number of complicating factors obviously will likely admitted to the hospital, and Trump is a special case being President.

True...

I disagree on this one, because it is not remotely meaningful. Trump was cavaliar and neglectful of not only him self, but all those around him, and lied and deceived the public concerning the risk of COVID-19. Trump put himself at great risk and the result is as expected.

That too. Regardless of who, the fact remains that when someone is stressed it affects the immune system. It probably triggered some of the symptoms trump (and anyone else in his position) have-not excluding other factors that contributed to his contraction.

Disagree that anything is unusual nor unexpected surrounding the circumstances of Trump' COVID-19 and many of those around him, because of cavalier and irresponsible words and actions and lack of leadership in a crisis.

It's just the timing that boggles me not everything else. I don't have ill feelings about trump and people like him so that probably makes it seem like I support and like the guy.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Yes, it does seem that way, you've pretty much bent over backwards to stick up for Trump, if that was not your intention then you should make it clear.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
... If Trump is lying, yet again.

Could this whole covid diagnosis story be yet another of Trump's lies; attempting to turn attention away from the horrible media attention he's been getting about his behavior in the debate?

Is he even that clever?

What do you think?
Snap!
I just asked that question on another thread.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That too. Regardless of who, the fact remains that when someone is stressed it affects the immune system. It probably triggered some of the symptoms trump (and anyone else in his position) have-not excluding other factors that contributed to his contraction.

Take the office of president and take the heat. Trump compounds and antagonizes the divisions in the country, and earns reputation in spades.

Wandering Monk

So are the doctors at Walter Reed complicit in Trump's conspiracy?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Walter Reeds would be hard to fake but we should all also remember that Trump got his doctor to give him a clear bill of health, then bragged about passing an intelligence test with kindergarden level questions.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Your telling me Trump is not competent to deal with the normal stresses of his office. Every president has had to deal with this and the threat of assassination.

I said the immune system reacts to stress. That is probably why or how the symptoms flared up because of all that stress after the debate.

Where did his competency of dealing with normal stress comes from?

Yes. And. Trump is human. Humans react to stressors. I wouldn't know how I would react if 99% of the world hated me among a A lot more things that would make any other person high wired.

It's a human thing not a trump thing.