• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many Of Us Are Wondering ...

PureX

Veteran Member
... If Trump is lying, yet again.

Could this whole covid diagnosis story be yet another of Trump's lies; attempting to turn attention away from the horrible media attention he's been getting about his behavior in the debate?

Is he even that clever?

What do you think?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think he IS that clever. I also think though it's more likely he did get COVID the way he takes absolutely no precautions.

On the other hand, it'd be a great way of skipping two Presidential debates.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
He's not that clever, but his handlers are. Desperate narcissists do desperate things. My partner's first reaction was - as expected - but then we got to talking about whether it was a lie. It could be, everything else to do with him seems pretty unbelievable, one way or another. I can see several reasons why this latest "development" might not be the truth or at least the full truth.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
He's not that clever, but his handlers are. Desperate narcissists do desperate things. My partner's first reaction was - as expected - but then we got to talking about whether it was a lie. It could be, everything else to do with him seems pretty unbelievable, one way or another. I can see several reasons why this latest "development" might not be the truth or at least the full truth.

Well, I don't see it as the full truth, whichever way it goes. Though it could also go the other way - Trump could have got it real bad and had to tell America something, so told them about it to later downplay it significantly.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Of course if he pulls through before election day he will be full of contrition and humbled by the experience.

Could this whole covid diagnosis story be yet another of Trump's lies; attempting to turn attention away from the horrible media attention he's been getting about his behavior in the debate?

Is he even that clever?

What do you think?

Has this Trump regime managed to keep anything secret for more than 5 mins without a leak?

Also given the number of people in that circle reported as being infected, it makes it exponentially less likely to be a hoax as that's far more people to keep from leaking (unless we are saying there was a real outbreak that Trump then decided to capitalise on even though he was still in the incubation period and may well have it anyway).

Then one of those infected, Kellyanne Conway, is married to a vocal 'Never Trump' Republican, which makes her faking it highly unlikely.

Also Trump seems to like campaigning and has a perceived deficit to make up against a vulnerable opposition candidate. Can't say he's the kind you would expect to 'hide it out', he usually doubles down and tries to re-spin it.

By far the most plausible explanation is that Trump has COVID, and there has been a potential 'superspreader' event at the top levels of the US govt.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Maybe he's planning on faking his own death to get out of losing the election and going to jail??

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I tend to agree with those not thinking there is any conspiracy, since Trump is likely to lose more support by his having the virus (and his recklessness) than any gains he might get from any other scenarios. Too many people involved.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Because it's a ludicrous flight of fantasy that is quite staggeringly implausible to any sane person? :D

It's getting to the point where if I hear that the GOP will be riding through town in pokedotted ponies... so far 50% of these conspiracy theories about the GOP are coming true... so I'm staying in my house to avoid being trampled.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

Is he even that clever?

What do you think?

Its not the way Trump would want himself seen in public light. Also to many other people are involved. My guess is that we are not getting all the true facts but that he has covid and is showing symptoms.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Is he even that clever?

What do you think?
Personally i do believe Trump actually has become ill from covid-19.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Is he even that clever?

What do you think?
That was a legitimate question yesterday. Now that he's at Walter Reed it's unlikely that he faked it. Too many unnecessary witnesses to keep the lie undiscovered. He is infected.

pearl

I don't doubt Trump has covid. But I notice a difference in how the opposition has responded to it. The Biden campaign has pulled all negative adds, the Trump campaign has not. When Hillary stumbled after becoming dehydrated Trump showing it over and over again as a sign of weakness and unfit for office.