• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you think RF sees you?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
To answer my own question, when I joined I think people saw me as too goofy to see as someone who would kind of stick around. What seems to have defined me here is my mental health and activism posts when the reality is a bit more diverse but at least people kind of respect me more or less. I do think people are sometimes surprised by some of the things I say in regards to the jokes I make, so rather than laughing, they first spend a considerable amount of time trying to figure out what I meant, even if they do find it pretty funny when they finally get it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
To answer my own question, when I joined I think people saw me as too goofy to see as someone who would kind of stick around. What seems to have defined me here is my mental health and activism posts when the reality is a bit more diverse but at least people kind of respect me more or less. I do think people are sometimes surprised by some of the things I say in regards to the jokes I make, so rather than laughing, they first spend a considerable amount of time trying to figure out what I meant, even if they do find it pretty funny when they finally get it.
I really have no idea but I think that people see me from their own perspective, with their own eyes, since all people are very different.

Hellbound Serpiente

Not a clue, but I hope they don't see me as negatively as my family/friends and society in general sees me as.

Anyway, who cares? People are fickle, they change with times. One day, they love you, another they hate you, then they love you again. It doesn't matter how they view me as

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Anyway, who cares? People are fickle, they change with times. One day, they love you, another they hate you, then they love you again.

That definitely happens even on adult websites. Personally I like the site because it allows me to try my identity in a place that doesn't really tell one to hush or be quiet or that they're standing in the way of the TV.

chinu

chinu
Not a clue, but I hope they don't see me as negatively as my family/friends and society in general sees me as.

Anyway, who cares? People are fickle, they change with times. One day, they love you, another they hate you, then they love you again. It doesn't matter how they view me as
Very true!

chinu

chinu
I feel that if you do get to know people personally on here, not necessarily on the public forum... you do have to expect some closeness and some not-so-closeness. It's just what I've perceived.
What do you mean by.. closeness and not-so-closeness at the one same time ?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Relatively anonymous. Mildly irritating. And some people make it all worthwhile.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What do you mean by.. closeness and not-so-closeness at the one same time ?

Closeness happens at times when you and another person really sync well. You both at the time may share the same ideas, or even the same faith.

Not-so-closeness happens at other times when the same people want space because they live busy lives or are going through some things. Or when the two of you disagree on rather important things regarding faith, etc.

chinu

chinu
Closeness happens at times when you and another person really sync well. You both at the time may share the same ideas, or even the same faith.

Not-so-closeness happens at other times when the same people want space because they live busy lives or are going through some things. Or when the two of you disagree on rather important things regarding faith, etc.
Thank you :)