• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you think RF sees you?

MNoBody

hmmm...hadn't thought of it,
mostly people have limited means to determine that, given that there is limited interaction for most people, so how to gauge that?
the ratings bar shows one that there is some kind of activity....but that is about as useful as the like button on flakebook.....[i'm a fb expat, one could say, and haven't been in that platform for years]

personally, i come to this site since there is a very limited number of options for these kinds of discussions despite the huge size of the internet, that isn't extremely biased with an agenda already in place....so for those looking for an esoteric type cafe to hang out in and perhaps work on their "project", this place has an appeal, given the diversity and the style.
There is a lot of intelligent people with a wide range of knowledge and experience, which provides insight for people working on improving their clarity......ideally.
From the things I have read I can see that there is a good company of folks with a lot of valuable wisdom, which comes through here and there through all the ego constructs we all deal with...and sometimes some interesting collaborative discussions come of it, that are amusing, fun, educational.......otherwise, why come here at all, since fb offers all the fun of a massive brawl, if one is looking to debate and have to defend things they are basically only exploring.

I prefer people letting me know what they think of me, rather than having to speculate.

chinu

chinu
:).

:)

You too make a charming team shedding positive light on RF.
25449.jpg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
To answer my own question
How do you think RF sees you?
:). I think this is a great question to ponder

To the question "Who Am I" there are 3 answers:
1) The one others think "I am"
2) The one stvdv thinks "I am"
3) The one "who I really am"

The answers to these are:
3) The Enlightened ones on RF see "me" for "who I really am"
2) For me to know, for others to figure out
1) IF they see right THEN they know that I love:
'God', 'Allah', Buddha, Sathya Sai Baba (+Shirdi+Prema), Sita, Rama, Shakti, Shiva
Jesus, Nisargadatta, Ramana Maharshi, Muhammad, Krishna, Bahaullah, Zoroaster ++
Einstein, Pascal, Newton ++
People who do not belittle the (non)Faith of others

Jedster

@KAT-KAT How do I think RF sees me?

The ultimate vanity project, given my probable reputation for penning the longest and most self-indulgent posts in RF history :D

I mean, the reason I initially joined the forum was because I liked to write incredibly arcane, lengthy and convoluted threads on terribly obscure topics, often to do with Catholic theology.

I concur with @KAT-KAT

FWIW I have always enjoyed your posts and their thoroughness(even though I am a transtheist).

I hope you stay around. :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't know. Probably see me more defensive. Not really something I can help given many factors both things I can work on in person and things I have to accept and let slide. I remember one member years ago, I asked her a question about her comment. Many people just ignore it if it's probably too personal or whatever. She was more "here it goes..." We never had a conversation.

The good stuff? I have no clue. I'm mostly multitasking when I'm RF since I'm on the computer a lot. After awhile I just shrug my shoulders. It is what it is.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The ultimate vanity project, given my probable reputation for penning the longest and most self-indulgent posts in RF history
I do not see you that way. I see you as a very knowledgeable Catholic who likes to share your knowledge of the theology.....
And besides, I probably get the door prize for the longest posts. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To answer my own question, when I joined I think people saw me as too goofy to see as someone who would kind of stick around. What seems to have defined me here is my mental health and activism posts when the reality is a bit more diverse but at least people kind of respect me more or less. I do think people are sometimes surprised by some of the things I say in regards to the jokes I make, so rather than laughing, they first spend a considerable amount of time trying to figure out what I meant, even if they do find it pretty funny when they finally get it.
I'm a racist, sexist, greedy, lying, islamophobic, heathen,
running capitalist dog who'll be first against the wall when
the revolution comes. And that's on a good day.

Shaul

Premium Member
I suspect many here see me as some sort of arrogant, pedantic, right-wing ideologue. That and a rabid Trump support. I’m not those things actually.