• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you think RF sees you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When some people spoke, something were predictable as what they saw, some of the things really surprised me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What do you mean?
When people have said descriptive things about me, the not surprising ones would be like my intelligence or cracking jokes or liking of the dark and macabre. But when some people said optimistic my mind was blown.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Don't want to damage my image so soon after joining the forum, but, well, what the heck...

6'2" tall
235lbs (I don't have a six-pack, more like a pony keg)
Hair is thinning on top, but have new hair growing from my eyebrows, ears, and nose
Dentures are on the way
My flatulence frightens the family dog (McDonald's)
I'm living in a garage at the moment, yet my credit score is above 825
Unemployed
Heavy smoker
I use Irish Spring, so I don't stink
I love pets (dogs and cats)

All in all, I'm a pretty happy camper. If not for my wireless keyboard acting poorly, this moment would be perfection.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
To answer my own question, when I joined I think people saw me as too goofy to see as someone who would kind of stick around. What seems to have defined me here is my mental health and activism posts when the reality is a bit more diverse but at least people kind of respect me more or less. I do think people are sometimes surprised by some of the things I say in regards to the jokes I make, so rather than laughing, they first spend a considerable amount of time trying to figure out what I meant, even if they do find it pretty funny when they finally get it.

No idea, honestly. I would hope friendly, but besides that, I haven't given it too much thought.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You are very generous with your time with all those atheists as well.
That I am because I sincerely care about them all....

I hate it when I get behind though, as I am now behind on answering two long posts I got from
@ QuestioningMind ....

But I will answer them because I always answer posts unless people are really rude or I have nothing I want to say.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
That I am because I sincerely care about them all....

I hate it when I get behind though, as I am now behind on answering two long posts I got from
@ QuestioningMind ....

But I will answer them because I always answer posts unless people are really rude or I have nothing I want to say.

Makes sense to me. Very generous.

I read some of those debates sometimes, and I have noticed you can post miles of responses.

Me, I'm not so interested in debates. I'd rather learn where people are coming from. Sometimes I can't resist speaking my mind though. I'm not prepared for debating. I tend to think there are no winners in most debates. The real information comes from inquiry, and self study. I'm more likely to ask questions.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
To answer my own question, when I joined I think people saw me as too goofy to see as someone who would kind of stick around. What seems to have defined me here is my mental health and activism posts when the reality is a bit more diverse but at least people kind of respect me more or less. I do think people are sometimes surprised by some of the things I say in regards to the jokes I make, so rather than laughing, they first spend a considerable amount of time trying to figure out what I meant, even if they do find it pretty funny when they finally get it.
I guess i am seen as a person from time to time who are all over the place, from happy, to angry from very serioues to verry silly. But i do hope i am seen as a person with a spiritual reason to be here :)

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm mostly Somebody Else's Problem. Very few people will have me on their Top 10 RF posters list. Most wouldn't notice if I went away.
But that's OK. I don't like to be the centre of attention and it is the same in RL.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Me, I'm not so interested in debates. I'd rather learn where people are coming from. Sometimes I can't resist speaking my mind though. I'm not prepared for debating. I tend to think there are no winners in most debates. The real information comes from inquiry, and self study. I'm more likely to ask questions.
I also prefer finding out where people are coming from, but I often get roped into what looks like a debate....

But from my perspective I am not debating with anyone, I am simply responding to everything posted to me with what I believe. I am not trying to win anything because I consider that egotistical.

Over the years I have learned that it is more fruitful to ask questions instead of talking at people, because if they answer I learn something about there position and then we can carry on with that.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm mostly Somebody Else's Problem. Very few people will have me on their Top 10 RF posters list. Most wouldn't notice if I went away.
But that's OK. I don't like to be the centre of attention and it is the same in RL.

I'd miss you if I knew. Though for different reasons, I don't always worry about you nonstop. The reason why isn't because you aren't noticed, it'd because I see you as a poster whom seems to be pretty capable of taking care of themselves and with a good head on their shoulders.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
@KAT-KAT How do I think RF sees me?

The ultimate vanity project, given my probable reputation for penning the longest and most self-indulgent posts in RF history :D

I mean, the reason I initially joined the forum was because I liked to write incredibly arcane, lengthy and convoluted threads on terribly obscure topics, often to do with Catholic theology.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
@KAT-KAT How do I think RF sees me?

The ultimate vanity project, given my probable reputation for penning the longest and most self-indulgent posts in RF history :D

I mean, the reason I initially joined the forum was because I liked to write incredibly arcane, lengthy and convoluted threads on terribly obscure topics, often to do with Catholic theology.

I'd say I view you as RF's resident Catholic theologian. But there needs some sort of spice to that title too. Because the title sounds boring. And I don't see you as boring.