• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you cook steak?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I was going to steal it, but you weren't wearing it when I found you grilling.
food-regulations-igbc-768x596.jpg

I was frying eggs...note the frying pan

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have two ways.
Both start the day before by patting the steak dry and salting it and then generously applying the desired spices or dry rub (most use salt and pepper. I don't because bland and boring when I tried it it was a waist of a steak). Ideally it then goes in a glass casserole dish, the dish it's self covered with shrink wrap and put in the fridge untild the mext day, roughly a half hour or so before cooking to bring it up to room temperature.
One way I'll cook it, which is good but not my favorite, is to cook it is a very hot cast iron skillet a few minutes on each side to give a good sear, amd then throwing it all (including the skillet) in a very hot oven.
My preferred way is a wood grill with indirect heat.
But regardless I try to keep it medium-rare to medium doneness.

Viker

Häxan
Flame thrower. What else would I use? :p

First, I kill a cow with a bolt thrower, preferably a Roman style ballista for the size. Then I season with salt, pepper, oil and onion. Then...out comes the flame thrower!

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

First, I kill a cow with a bolt thrower, preferably a Roman style ballista for the size. Then I season with salt, pepper, oil and onion. Then...out comes the flame thrower!
If you're gonna do that quit the pepper and a give it some real heat and flavor. A habanero Caribbean Jerk rub, for example. A good show to make you think of Rammstein followed by a tasty, dopamine inducing "burn" in the mouth.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

A friend of mine who preferred very blue steak when asked in restaurants how he likes his steak he replied "cut off its horns wipe its *** and show it the grill"