• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you cook steak?

Audie

Veteran Member
Cook'n is wimin's work.
So I merely specify how I want it.
And that is well done....no red inside.
But the best way to have steak is to
grind it up, mash it into patty, &
cook it til well done. Then it gets
a slice of raw onion & tomater
betwixt 2 Dave's Killer Bread buns.
Desert island, shipwreck!
Just you and me. And a lot of cows.

Learn to cook ( first catch) your
Cow- meat ( ugh) or go without

Ring in fish n oysters, make me a wok. Then
there'd be some good cooking

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Desert island, shipwreck!
Just you and me. And a lot of cows.

Learn to cook ( first catch) your
Cow- meat ( ugh) or go without

Ring in fish n oysters, make me a wok. Then
there'd be some good cooking
Division of labor...I like it.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Simple question for those non veggie cooks, how do you cook steak.

My method is a hot frying pan, a hunk of steak of your choice, (i usually use rump or sirloin, occasionally ribeye). Seasoned with salt and ground black pepper. Just a dash of olive oil in the pan, when it starts to smoke throw the steak in.

Cook one side without moving the steak for...

1 minutes = blue
1.5 minutes = rare
2 minutes = medium
2.5 minutes= burnt well done

For thicker steaks add a few seconds if you wish.

Flip the steak over and cook that side for the same time.

Take the steak out of the pan immediately and allow it to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.

There are other methods, grilling, oven baking etc, and that's what i want to know. What do you think the best way to cook a steak to cime out juicy and tender.

Basically the same thing. I also prefer to grill mine over coal in the summer time, nothing tastes better than coal fire food.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Other than microwaving a few beef and cheese burritos here and there, I haven't cooked red meat in years.

Back when I did, I discovered my favorite way of cooking steak while house-sitting a place where the stove didn't work but the fireplace did:

Once the fire died down I would wrap up a few cuts of London broil in aluminum foil and throw them on the coals to let them marinate in their own juices.

It would come out great every time.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
Cook'n is wimin's work.
So I merely specify how I want it.
And that is well done....no red inside.
But the best way to have steak is to
grind it up, mash it into patty, &
cook it til well done. Then it gets
a slice of raw onion & tomater
betwixt 2 Dave's Killer Bread buns.
Folks, remember, the man likes haggis. Just sayin'...

Shaul

Premium Member
First and foremost, I only cook kosher steaks. Keep it simple. Broiled with just salt and pepper added.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Simple question for those non veggie cooks, how do you cook steak.

My method is a hot frying pan, a hunk of steak of your choice, (i usually use rump or sirloin, occasionally ribeye). Seasoned with salt and ground black pepper. Just a dash of olive oil in the pan, when it starts to smoke throw the steak in.

Cook one side without moving the steak for...

1 minutes = blue
1.5 minutes = rare
2 minutes = medium
2.5 minutes= burnt well done

For thicker steaks add a few seconds if you wish.

Flip the steak over and cook that side for the same time.

Take the steak out of the pan immediately and allow it to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.

There are other methods, grilling, oven baking etc, and that's what i want to know. What do you think the best way to cook a steak to cime out juicy and tender.
Never made steak in a pan, only on a grill. The fire has to be nice and hot, beech wood or beech wood coal are best. I like my steak blue. Like you said, 1 minute per side and then set to the edge of the grill so the middle gets to eating temperature but not really cooked.
@Audie: fly ash is proper seasoning for steak, we call that the special ingredient.