• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do Christians Know the Bible is Both Inspired by God and Inerrant?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know how to reply to you because you believe His love is conditional and you quickly list the verses. .
I don't believe that. I think that so far I believe what is written about God, "God is love". Not has love, IS love.

omega2xx

I can prove it to people who can think outside their practiced pattern of thinking, like ordinary people.
I can't prove it to you.

Question. It appears that some people's minds can't be changed by God himself. How would you know if it was or was not God willing your mind to change? You wouldn't imo. Neither would anyone who trusts in his or her own understanding. It seems to me that God doesn't break trust and never has broken it.

I have told you that Matthew 28:19 was changed and I showed you the proof. You choose not to believe it. That is OK by me. I don't care much what you believe.

it is nice to have someone in the forum the form whe omniscient and so humble.

I care what you beleice

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The verses are for the people who believe the Bible is inerrant and also believe that it is about love.

omega2xx

"If we let him" is a decision that takes work. So, is your opinion that people are saved by works?

I don't believe in an inerrant Bible. Someone said the Bible is about Love. I don't believe that.
Perfect love does not create problems for people to escape from. Does it?

If the Bible is not inerrant, how do you determine which verses are errant?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I have a written record of what He said. Can you prove what He is attributed to saying, He did not say?
You completely missed the point.
Let us assume that the Bible is completely 100% infallible and inerrant.
Which of the 30,000+ interpretations of said Bible is "the one true way"?

james bond

"If we let him" is a decision that takes work. So, is your opinion that people are saved by works?

I don't believe in an inerrant Bible. Someone said the Bible is about Love. I don't believe that.
Perfect love does not create problems for people to escape from. Does it?

You are all over the place and believe many things that I wish not to decipher. That's up to you. The people high up in the church decides these things and disagree with other churches and their leaders. It's why the churches are run differently. Because of it we have different places to worship and one can make their own decision.

I think what they might have meant is the Bible is about Love and God is Love. It can be a problem, but one that cannot be solved. People aren't perfect.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You don't know that.

You don't know that.
You are the one not thinking.

You say @Mestemia doesn't know that not all Christians "believe the Bible contain all the scripture." and that "not all Christians believe that the Bible is nothing but Scripture."

He does know that because he has read it many, many times here on the forum.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think what they might have meant is the Bible is about Love and God is Love. It can be a problem, but one that cannot be solved. People aren't perfect.
But, it seems that according to "The people high up in the church" people are perfect when they write scripture.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is indisputable that many people DO believe that some people are perfect because when those some people wrote scripture, they wrote it with no mistakes.

james bond

But, it seems that according to "The people high up in the church" people are perfect when they write scripture.

I don't think they're saying the people who wrote it are perfect, but the words they wrote were perfect.

It is indisputable that many people DO believe that some people are perfect because when those some people wrote scripture, they wrote it with no mistakes.

You're making sweeping statements. People are not perfect, but we strive for perfection and sometimes achieve it (but usually we don't). It's one of the evidence for God. Adam and Eve were perfect, but they were not able to keep their perfection.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think they're saying the people who wrote it are perfect, but the words they wrote were perfect.

You're making sweeping statements. People are not perfect, but we strive for perfection and sometimes achieve it (but usually we don't). It's one of the evidence for God. Adam and Eve were perfect, but they were not able to keep their perfection.
Of course they don't say the writers were perfect, but when they wrote they were perfect. So, God made them perfect whenever they wrote and God took away that perfection when they weren't writing. That is not opinion, it is a fact IF indeed whatever they wrote is perfect.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Of course they don't say the writers were perfect, but when they wrote they were perfect. So, God made them perfect whenever they wrote and God took away that perfection when they weren't writing. That is not opinion, it is a fact IF indeed whatever they wrote is perfect.
I have been told that God physically took over their bodies and wrote what he wanted written.
At least when it comes to the KJV 1611

David T

Premium Member
From "The Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy"

[The "Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy" was produced at an international Summit Conference of evangelical leaders, held at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago in the fall of 1978. This congress was sponsored by the International Council on Biblical Inerrancy. The Chicago Statement was signed by nearly 300 noted evangelical scholars, including . . . .]
source

Article VI: Plenary Verbal Inspiration
We affirm that the whole of Scripture and all its parts, down to the very words of the original, were given by divine inspiration.

Article XII: Exhaustive Inerrancy
We affirm that Scripture in its entirety is inerrant, being free from all falsehood, fraud, or deceit.
source

So how do they know? Is it explicitly stated so in the Bible, if so, where?

I ask because there are quite a few things in the Bible that one would not think the Christian god would inspire, nor are seemingly without error.

Isn't it a just case of people bending reality to fit their perceptions? It's like super simple to see, what's not simple is do you?