• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do Christians Know the Bible is Both Inspired by God and Inerrant?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
There are not 30,000 interpretations.
In fact there are far more than 30,000.
The 30,00 is merely the number of Christian denominations.
ALL of which claiming to understand the Bible.
Some of which claiming their understanding is the only correct interpretation.

omega2xx

You are the one not thinking.

You say @Mestemia doesn't know that not all Christians "believe the Bible contain all the scripture." and that "not all Christians believe that the Bible is nothing but Scripture."

He can't know that because he does not know if all he is referring to are Christians.

He does know that because he has read it many, many times here on the forum.

Reading something many, many, many times is irrelevant. It is not evidence.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@omega2xx, post: 5074180, member: 60871"][/QUOTE]

You say, "Reading something many, many, many times is irrelevant. It is not evidence." You have to be kidding! LOL

You have shown pride in your knowledge of what the Bible really teaches. And? How did you get that knowledge?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@omega2xx It is not so hard to edit a little bit so your posts are easier to read and to quote. Honestly, many times I just skip your post if it comes forth in a jumble.

omega2xx

You didn't say it. You seem to be implying that to believe your way is the same as God's way. God's way is without sin. Therefore, your way seems also to only yourself, to be without sin.

God's way is not without sin. God way is by faith alone.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God's way is not without sin.
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

What I mean is if a person could live God's way perfectly his life would be without sin. The prescribed way of God is sinlessness.

I think (hope) that what you mean by this, "God's way is not without sin" is that it isn't humanly possible to walk God's way without making any mistakes. Or something like that.

But, you see, (can you see?) that you are contradicting your other belief that the Bible was written, copied, and translated sans mistakes.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
. God way is by faith alone.
Here you are contradicting again! Proverbs 27:11 or maybe to you faith and wisdom is the same thing?

Be wise, my son, and bring joy to my heart; then I can answer anyone who treats me with contempt.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God's way is by 1. love 2. faith 3. hope

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@omega2xx what I mean by "your way seems to you to be without sin" is that you have shown yourself righteous about everything which concerns God's Holy Words.

omega2xx

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

What I mean is if a person could live God's way perfectly his life would be without sin. The prescribed way of God is sinlessness.

I think (hope) that what you mean by this, "God's way is not without sin" is that it isn't humanly possible to walk God's way without making any mistakes. Or something like that.

But, you see, (can you see?) that you are contradicting your other belief that the Bible was written, copied, and translated sans mistakes.

Then point out the mistakes.

omega2xx

Here you are contradicting again! Proverbs 27:11 or maybe to you faith and wisdom is the same thing?

Be wise, my son, and bring joy to my heart; then I can answer anyone who treats me with contempt.

Did you quote the right verse? Wise in that verse has nothing to do with faith.