• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can someone be a male and be a feminist at the same time?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Egalitarian, in the way you guys choose to use it, doesn't really mean the same thing to me. When I say I'm egalitarian, that includes economically and culturally, not just from a legal standpoint, and even find much to be interested about in luck egalitarianism. "Egalitarianism" is just as divisive as "feminism" is.
Right.

uberrobonomicon4000

You should probably not take things so personally if you want to survive Internet debating. I learned that a long time ago.
That was actually sarcasm because I stopped taking this debate seriously after the first person posted because I already seen this topic was going to go no where because I'm debating a bunch of irrational people.

uberrobonomicon4000

Oh yes. You're the one who is right, and all the people far smarter than you all happen to be wrong.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Has nothing to do with people being smarter than me.

Just people who are bias with their position and base everything on gender (i.e. gender bias).

And if I wanted to know everyone’s opinion I would have created an opinion poll.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I will also like to add to this that I call myself a feminist because I believe in patriarchy theory and male privilege as well as white privilege and heterosexual privilege.
Someone can be egalitarian and not believe in patriarchy theory or privilege, they can just believe "***** happens" and therefore they are not feminists.
I think that's the difference that people around here don't see. Feminist theory is not just about equal rights.

Hi........... Do you believe in patriarchy theory, or patriarchy fact?
I have never heard of 'feminist-theory' before. To research and raise these to fact is good for your cause. True?

I ask you:- please could you give examples of patriarchy, male privilege and white privilege, preferably at home here in the UK?

We are mostly pushing for heterosexual privilege to be struck down at this time, it is not an exclusively feminist issue. Come to think of it, nor is white privilege.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Really, it all fits under post-anarchy for me. I remain staunchly against all forms of hierarchy, other than voluntary forms of authority.

Egalitarian, in the way you guys choose to use it, doesn't really mean the same thing to me. When I say I'm egalitarian, that includes economically and culturally, not just from a legal standpoint, and even find much to be interested about in luck egalitarianism. "Egalitarianism" is just as divisive as "feminism" is. Oh well, people will identify how they wish.

Thankyou for sharing............

edit:- Oi!! We'll tell you how we choose to use our titles...... not the other way round.:yes:

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Someone can be egalitarian and not believe in patriarchy theory or privilege,

I had to come back.......! :eek:

How can an egaliterian believe in or support patriarchy? It's late, and this slipped by me. (sleepy). That's as gobbledygookish as saying that feminists are all keen carp anglers. (fisherpersons! :D)

That's not fair....... :(

Horrorble

I had to come back.......! :eek:

How can an egaliterian believe in or support patriarchy? It's late, and this slipped by me. (sleepy). That's as gobbledygookish as saying that feminists are all keen carp anglers. (fisherpersons! :D)

That's not fair....... :(

I never said egalitarians support patriarchy

Horrorble

Hi........... Do you believe in patriarchy theory, or patriarchy fact?
I have never heard of 'feminist-theory' before. To research and raise these to fact is good for your cause. True?

I ask you:- please could you give examples of patriarchy, male privilege and white privilege, preferably at home here in the UK?

No I won't give you examples. Please research feminist theory yourself.
I was pointing out why someone would call themselves a feminist over egalitarian.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No I won't give you examples. Please research feminist theory yourself.
I was pointing out why someone would call themselves a feminist over egalitarian.

I asked, 'Plx give UK examples of patriarchy, Male privilege, white privilege, etc in the UK.'
How weak do you think it looks (to me and others) when you reply with 'No I won't....?'

And 'no', you were not showing how someone would call themselves feminine over egaliterian. Do you really believe that I, an egaliterian, supports male privilege, patriarchy, white privilege and heterosexual privilege? What a strange idea!

This feminist theory ....point. Would you answer many questions about feminism ,'Well, to answer your question we believe that in theory.......'???
Really?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Really, it all fits under post-anarchy for me. I remain staunchly against all forms of hierarchy, other than voluntary forms of authority.
Staunchly against hierarchy? What exactly would you pop into hierarchy? Government? Police? Military? Local Councils? What's all that about?

Egalitarian, in the way you guys choose to use it, doesn't really mean the same thing to me. When I say I'm egalitarian, that includes economically and culturally, not just from a legal standpoint, and even find much to be interested about in luck egalitarianism. "Egalitarianism" is just as divisive as "feminism" is. Oh well, people will identify how they wish.
I love that. 'I am Dust1n, who will now tell you all what you believe'. Sounds quite eerie!
Luck egaliterianism is quite interesting. For instance, every time you tell a member they are slow, or not bright in some way, that would break an egaliterian rule,would it not? I'll watch out for that. :yes:

Kerr

I’m not sure what you are asking. Why can a male not believe in feminism? They can but they are pro-feminist or supporters of feminism, not feminist, who are women advocates of feminism (i.e. It’s a women’s movement).
But its not just a womans movement. Its a movement for men who loves ballet as well. To those that doesnt fit in the normal ideal of how a man is supposed to be. And to every man who actually wants the women close to them to have equal rights to men.

Horrorble

I asked, 'Plx give UK examples of patriarchy, Male privilege, white privilege, etc in the UK.'
How weak do you think it looks (to me and others) when you reply with 'No I won't....?'

I don't really care

And 'no', you were not showing how someone would call themselves feminine over egaliterian. Do you really believe that I, an egaliterian, supports male privilege, patriarchy, white privilege and heterosexual privilege? What a strange idea!

This feminist theory ....point. Would you answer many questions about feminism ,'Well, to answer your question we believe that in theory.......'???
Really?

I never said egalitarians support male privilege, I meant that an egalitarian may not even believe that such privilege exists, and therefore aren't feminists. Feminists believe patriarchy and male privilege exists which is why someone would rather call themselves a feminist over egalitarian.

antonio

Rights aren't something that exists in the air.Human beings create, give or deny rights. If we don't created them, they don't exist.
Usually that's a function of a political process. It can also(and usually isI heavily influenced by which person or persons have the most power. For whatever reason, for centuries males had the power, probably because most of them were stronger than women. --more to the point. All rights enjoyed by women could in certain societies be those rights men choose to give them.
I suppose my confusion with your posts is that you don't make clear what you mean by rights.
secondly you don't define Feminism and you seem to mix it with Feminine. Feminist (ism) refers to several things. One meaning is political. It simply designates the political viewpoint of a person in society. Males can be feminist just as some females are not considered feminists
antonio

dust1n

Zindīq
Thankyou for sharing............

edit:- Oi!! We'll tell you how we choose to use our titles...... not the other way round.:yes:

I wasn't choosing your title. I was using what was kinda of apparent from your text that egalitarianism was used by ya earlier to refer to everyone having equal protection under the law. It seemed kinda obvious when you were mentioning your egalitarianism earlier that you weren't referring to like... a Marxist egalitarianism or anything.

dust1n

Zindīq
Staunchly against hierarchy? What exactly would you pop into hierarchy? Government? Police? Military? Local Councils? What's all that about?

I love that. 'I am Dust1n, who will now tell you all what you believe'. Sounds quite eerie!
Luck egaliterianism is quite interesting. For instance, every time you tell a member they are slow, or not bright in some way, that would break an egaliterian rule,would it not? I'll watch out for that. :yes:

Jesus, what a low quality response. Dust1n out.