• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality

Kerr

i didn't bring it up it was some body else i was just replying to the message. it is not fact. only an agreed upon as a possible solution.Problems in Protein Evolution
I know you didn´t, and for the sake of the discussion I won´t go into it more now. But if you like one of us could start a new thread about the dual nature of evolution.

Kerr

how about a written will. Sorry but you are wrong marriage existed way before the united states did. Churches can do what ever they want then let the churches decide who get the tax, social securtity, military, immigration and other benefits.
Yet as long as the lay prohibits same-sex marriage, the government has something to do with it.

gnomon

i don't know what state you live in but in california sex unions are allowed. Marriage is a church thing it is something God has given not the United States. As far as i am concerned i would rather see Marriage out of Government control.

I heard once that the indigenous tribes on this continent engaged in marriage practices. They also did not have Churches. Something about, I don't know, hundreds or actually thousands, of different ethnic groups and cultures exercised some form of marriage without ever having the "benefit" of a Church or more precisely "the Church" and "that God".

I could be wrong.

But I'm not.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
i don't know what state you live in but in california sex unions are allowed. Marriage is a church thing it is something God has given not the United States. As far as i am concerned i would rather see Marriage out of Government control.

I live in Australia, a country where homosexuals will forever be discriminated against by K-Rudd who can't offer any explanation other than a chuckle and a completely unrelated answer to why they do not deserve civil unions.

The way i see it, i would like to see everything out of church control, but hey, difference of opinion.

Marriage is not a church things. Every culture in history has had unions, and more than half didn't need a silly church for it either.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
You do not need a church to get married in the USA either.
However, you DO need the legal contract....

The post i quoted suggested marriage was a church thing.

Well American homosexuals are all ******, what kind of God fearing, gun loving, patriotic American would let those satanic homosexuals get any form of legal rights? :rolleyes:

mr.guy

crapsack
The post i quoted suggested marriage was a church thing.

Well American homosexuals are all ******, what kind of God fearing, gun loving, patriotic American would let those satanic homosexuals get any form of legal rights? :rolleyes:

How do American homosexuals distinguish themselves so, eh?

mr.guy

crapsack
I'm continually trying to reinforce to RF that i am not American. Twice in this thread and about 50 times in the last week its been assumed that i am American lol.
I've done nothing of the sort...I've asked how american homosexuals are special, that's all.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I've done nothing of the sort...I've asked how american homosexuals are special, that's all.

I know. I stated that i refered to homosexuals as American homosexuals because if i just say homosexuals all too often i get drawn into something constitutional and i have no idea what everyone is talking about as i am not American.

American homosexals are not special at all.

mr.guy

crapsack
I know. I stated that i refered to homosexuals as American homosexuals because if i just say homosexuals all too often i get drawn into something constitutional and i have no idea what everyone is talking about as i am not American.
Bwah?

American homosexals are not special at all.
Oh, so now Americans aren't special, eh?

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
I'm continually trying to reinforce to RF that i am not American. Twice in this thread and about 50 times in the last week its been assumed that i am American lol.

Somehow people assume I'm American too, despite my "Location" and signature. I don't particularly care that much, though. We're basically their 51st state....:bow:

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Secede! Secede now! While you still can!!! :yes::D

Oh nonsense. We just want to be represented more, is all. All you've gotta do is stick a red maple leaf along with the other 50 stars and we're good :).

And recognize French! Christ forbid you don't recognize French.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Oh nonsense. We just want to be represented more, is all. All you've gotta do is stick a red maple leaf along with the other 50 stars and we're good :).

And recognize French! Christ forbid you don't recognize French.

Yet we duplicate every stinkin' form we have in Spanish because "Christ forbid" we expect illegal immigrants to learn English. :sarcastic

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Yet we duplicate every stinkin' form we have in Spanish because "Christ forbid" we expect illegal immigrants to learn English. :sarcastic

*gasp* I thought America was stronger than that. I would definitely expect something like that here in Canada. Not in the United States...land of the free, home of the brave.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
not to mention that spanish only speaking people get to have the test given to them via a translator because they cannot read the test in english.

Draka

Wonder Woman
not to mention that spanish only speaking people get to have the test given to them via a translator because they cannot read the test in english.

But do we do that for any others? Chinese? Vietnamese? Korean? German? Dutch? Japanese? Laotian? No. Do we print up government assistance forms in Arabian? Hebrew? French? Italian? Russian? I haven't heard or seen of any. So why do we cater to a specific nationality/ethnicity? I know...it's for another thread. Just bugs me is all.