• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
In Canada, most things are in English, French, or the most common Native language in the region. There are some signs around my city that are written in Ojibwe (as this is pretty much Anishnaabe territory).

But I know immigrants (and I say this as the son of immigrant parents) who have been here for 30, 40, 50 years and still can't speak a word of English or French beyond "Hello" and "Bye" or "Bonjour" and "Au revoir".

When someone is just administered a test and they haven't had much experience with the language and intend on learning it, I don't see much of a problem with the use of a translator. I would discourage it, but I don't find it as that big of a deal, so long as they learn the language pretty quick. I would, however, find it a huge deal if someone has been here for half a century and can barely formulate an English sentence. I know plenty of these people and unfortunately they are from the same immigrant community as myself.

Kimberlee

midians mommy!
Homosexuality

Its evil
Its good
Its got big fluffy round balls

Why are people obscessed with it?

Why the need to rant and rave here about it?
You dont like it? :clap
You like it? :clap

:sarcastic Isnt there better things to discuss rather than another person's sexuality?
Is there something wrong with heterosexuals that insist on obscessing about it?

Now I understand, straight guys like lesbians....for obvious reasons...

but uh...

i have no problem with it at all. my aunt is a lesbian and has been with her partner for like almost 15 years. they have 4 boys through artificial insemination and they are very well off and happy so i'm happy. it has been kinda weird lately though because her partner wants to become a man.... which is confusing to me because my aunt is a lesbian and has never wanted a man. she has said that so how is it going to work if her partner wants to be a man. she has already had her breast removed.so after she becomes a man does that mean my aunt isn't a lesbian anymore. it's just kind of a strange situation to me.

blackout

Violet.
i have no problem with it at all. my aunt is a lesbian and has been with her partner for like almost 15 years. they have 4 boys through artificial insemination and they are very well off and happy so i'm happy. it has been kinda weird lately though because her partner wants to become a man.... which is confusing to me because my aunt is a lesbian and has never wanted a man. she has said that so how is it going to work if her partner wants to be a man. she has already had her breast removed.so after she becomes a man does that mean my aunt isn't a lesbian anymore. it's just kind of a strange situation to me.

Transexual issues can seem so confusing.

There was a transexual panel at our local UU church last weekend.
The whole thing was fabulous.
The three panelests addressed all kinds of misconceptions,
and shared their stories,
and information on law,
and it was a wonderful event.

I love this little transexual "slogan"...

"It's not who you love,
but who you are"

I feel the very same way about my own polyamory.
It's about who I am. Who I love is something seperate.

I agree though Kimberlee,
the situation with your aunt presents a difficult twist.

Somewhere on the forum is a thread,
what would you do if your partner wanted to change gender.
(or something like that)

Last edited: