• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality

Kerr

Views on Evolution here is a site i hope you look at. all i am asking is if you have proof that evolution exist please direct me to something that has caused to to come to this conclusion.
You didn´t answer the questions. We know that genetic material changes from one generation to the next, that is what we call evolution, and that is a scientific fact. The ToE is about why it happens, the mechanisms behind it, and that is a scientific theory (there are at last one alternate theory in this case, but it was discarded a long time ago). Scientific theory is the highest possible status you can get in science, so to say that "it is just a theory" is wrong because that is how far you get in science.

Also, this thread isn´t about evolution, if you want to discuss the differences between the fact and theory of evolution I suggest starting a new thread.

cardero

Citizen Mod
ftv1975 writes: abstaining from sex that God says is wrong then that has been a purpose fulfilled. man i just can't answer your question without bringing God into the discussion.

I do not think it is necessary to bring GOD into this discussion. There is no evidence that you could supply (that cannot be contended) to show that GOD is offended by particular sexual activities.

ftv1975 writes:Marriage exists i feel to learn how to raise children to learn how to live in a commited realationship under the guidlines given by God. this includes alot more but this is basically the idea.

I am granting you those feelings, what we are particularly discussing is this:

Cardero writes: If the purpose of a person is to abstain from sex (and marriage) because they do not have a need or a function for this type of experience, how has this person’s purpose gone unfulfilled?

Ftv1975 writes: a purpose has gone unfulfilled, but there or other purposes that can be fulfulled.

With this post I am asking if another person feels that they do not want to have a sexual experience, why you think that this is a purpose that has gone unfulfilled.

ftv1975 writes: Getting Married to me is a religious thing that was adopted by the United States. Eternal Marriage can only happen through God. if a person doesn't know or doesn't believe that this is true i don't have much to say.

Except to say that if a person does believe this is true doesn’t make it true. It's alright, you can say it.

Ftv1975 writes: it is not my place to pass judgement. And if this is what is read when i write that i am tryint to judge same sex lovers that is not my goal.

Well you did mention that there would be consequences.

Ftv1975 writes: are you asking me what i think of people who think differently than i do? my answer to that question is they are free to think and do as they desire but not without consequence.

The question that I was wondering is what consequences have you researched, recognized or experienced regarding people who purposefully pursue a same sex marriage (possibly compared to people who purposely pursue a traditional marriage)? I did not think you would make this statement lightly or faithfully without citing examples.

Mr Cheese

if you have proof that evolution exist, and is not just a educated guess. i haven't read anything that had solid evidence. we are talking about darwins theory right the same guy that began his point of view by visiting an island. i am a believer in God. i believe that everything was created and serves a purpose. Gold has never evolved in to anything else but gold. the theory of evolution is to unstable for me to many unanswered questions to be true. But if you have info please send me a private message. i enjoy learning.

If you can provide proof that you exist...please email me

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
if you have proof that evolution exist, and is not just a educated guess. i haven't read anything that had solid evidence. we are talking about darwins theory right the same guy that began his point of view by visiting an island. i am a believer in God. i believe that everything was created and serves a purpose. Gold has never evolved in to anything else but gold. the theory of evolution is to unstable for me to many unanswered questions to be true. But if you have info please send me a private message. i enjoy learning.

O.K., I'm sorry. You really are that ignorant. That's O.K.; we're all ignorant of some things.

Instead of a PM, how about a thread on the subject? It's not relevant to this topic, but we can start a new thread to learn about evolution. So far I can tell from your post that you know very little about the theory of evolution, science, the scientific method or scientific terminology. Are you interested?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
morality becomes an issue when organ's are missed used.[/qtuope] Define "misused." Is singing misuse of vocal cords? Is dancing misuse of lege?
you are right i shouldn't bring morality in this.
I didn't say that. Morality is important. You should bring it in. You're just wrong about how to judge what is moral. Unless you think it's immoral to pierce your ears?
i was just wanting to state that killing is a purpose being accomplished because that person has the ability to do so. the ability to have sex does mean having sex with anything or any body is healthy or good.
Of course not. The point is that just because you have sex with another person of the same sex as you, it doesn't mean it's unhealthy or not good.
legs are for dancing, and many other things.
Only in the same sense that sexual organs are for fun.
vocal cords are for making noise speech singing and other things accomplish that purpose.
And bodies are for enjoying and sharing.
true glasses are made to fit the nose.
That's not the point. Surely you agree, whether you think of it as God's creation or evolution, that the purpose of a nose is not to hold up glasses, right? Yet does it ever even occur to you to think it's immoral to use it in that way? No, right? Because in fact your morality has nothing to do with using body parts in the way they were designed; you just made that up special for gay people. That's the point.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
in quality i mean a distinguishing attribute. because of the physical there are emotional, and social differences. it would be better if i direct to a sight then explain. i don't seem to be expaining things very well.

http://www.relationship-institute.com/freearticles_detail.cfm?article_ID=151

please let me know what you think. i haven't had the nature vs. nurture discussion before. i am pretty new to these topic discussion sites. i have only been doing this for about 3 and a half months.

You know the only time I have ever seen men and women who fit the descriptions given with any sort of accuracy is in movies television books, I can think of about two men maybe three I know who fit the descriptions given with any accuracy and same with women I know. Also the article seemed to confirm my beliefs about the nature nurture debate, as it seems to favor the idea that we are the product of how we are raised more than we are the product of what our genes consist of. It spoke about how boys and girls are treated differently growing up and as such it would only be natural that they would act differently. I think if a boy were treated the way girls normally are and a girl were treated the way boys normally are in terms of how they were raised then the boy would be the one more in touch with his emotions and the girl would be the one caring more about sports and cars than relationships.

So it would seem to me that if balance is required for a healthy relationship then one could just as easily find that in the same-sex as they do the opposite sex, considering how there are so many out there who don't fall into these stereotypes.

But then lets assume that these differences are true for the most part rather than gross stereotypes. Seems to me from what the article

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

i am just saying that the main purpose of sex is to procreate. not to say that other purposes aren't being fulfilled when having sex in a marriage.

You know, when you grow up, as unless I am wrong, I remeber you beign quite young

and when you finally do lose your virginity.....

You will find some things....

That books, holy and/or text are books

there is a difference between feeling a flame and reading about one.

That is unless you dont want to think for yourself. An adult draws the conclusions, far and wide, of many sources, then they use their own understanding and form their own opinions, in fact often opinionsa re formed on our own, but maybe covertly through the interaction with books, other people and just plain old experience.....

So what I'm saying is, when you do lose your virginity.... if you actually start leading a healthy normal sex life...you will find it is "for" far more than just shooting out babies.... a WHOLE lot more. And you know, if you dig deep enough, you can even find that some of this "whole lot more" is sacred, holy AND divine....

But of course it is up to you to seek and not just accept the simplest answer.

Mr Cheese

That's not the point. Surely you agree, whether you think of it as God's creation or evolution, that the purpose of a nose is not to hold up glasses, right? Yet does it ever even occur to you to think it's immoral to use it in that way? No, right? Because in fact your morality has nothing to do with using body parts in the way they were designed; you just made that up special for gay people. That's the point.

I like to use my nose during oral sex with a woman....
I'm guessing that is immoral

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I like to use my nose during oral sex with a woman....
I'm guessing that is immoral

Well all Im saying is you better not sniff her hair.HAIR is to protect your scalp somehow..NOT for SNIFFING!

Tongue in ear??????????????????????

TOUNGES are for tasting if something is poisiness or not and helping to push the food back into the throat..DO not..I REPEAT do not put your tounge on an ear..(or in an ear)..

Tongues belong INSIDE the mouth.Especially if your sperm count is low you are already skating on very thin ice!

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Dont wink!(thats not what eyes are for ...eyes are for seeing things so we dont bump into them)

Love

Dallas

ftv1975

You didn´t answer the questions. We know that genetic material changes from one generation to the next, that is what we call evolution, and that is a scientific fact. The ToE is about why it happens, the mechanisms behind it, and that is a scientific theory (there are at last one alternate theory in this case, but it was discarded a long time ago). Scientific theory is the highest possible status you can get in science, so to say that "it is just a theory" is wrong because that is how far you get in science.

Also, this thread isn´t about evolution, if you want to discuss the differences between the fact and theory of evolution I suggest starting a new thread.
i didn't bring it up it was some body else i was just replying to the message. it is not fact. only an agreed upon as a possible solution.Problems in Protein Evolution

this tread is about homosexuality. those that believe in evolution seem to think that being gay is an evolution processes of decreasing population, or population control.

Mr Cheese

this tread is about homosexuality. those that believe in evolution seem to think that being gay is an evolution processes of decreasing population, or population control.

wrong

science is beginning to show the exact opposite

contrary to simplistic logic, homosexuality and same sex couples may actually increase populace...by making 2nd hand owners of "gay genes" more fertile for example....

so you're going off on a tangent, is bunkum

ftv1975

At the very very least, sex is a stress relieving method. For people like me who are currently in exam week for university, it helps a lot ;) An alternative to sex is running, but with bad knees, i can only run 3 or 4 imes a week. Its also currently 41 degrees celsius where im sitting, very unpleasant running conditions.

Maybe not you personally, but when the yanks had their whole vote about same sex unions thats pushing morality. What makes me more annoyed is that the vote was for rights for 4 or 5% of the population. Not at all fair.
i don't know what state you live in but in california sex unions are allowed. Marriage is a church thing it is something God has given not the United States. As far as i am concerned i would rather see Marriage out of Government control.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
i don't know what state you live in but in california sex unions are allowed. Marriage is a church thing it is something God has given not the United States. As far as i am concerned i would rather see Marriage out of Government control.

You have it exactly backwards. Marriage is a government thing. Churches can do whatever they want and will be able to do whatever they want regardless of what the government does about it.

How do you suggest we decide who gets the tax, social security, military, immigration and other government benefits of a spouse?

ftv1975

wrong

science is beginning to show the exact opposite
which is proof that science is undiscovered existing truth.

contrary to simplistic logic, homosexuality and same sex couples may actually increase populace...by making 2nd hand owners of "gay genes" more fertile for example....
where have you read this i would be interested in reading this information.

so you're going off on a tangent, is bunkum[/quote
]

i do go off in tangents often. i don't mean to go off on tangents.

ftv1975

You have it exactly backwards. Marriage is a government thing. Churches can do whatever they want and will be able to do whatever they want regardless of what the government does about it.

How do you suggest we decide who gets the tax, social security, military, immigration and other government benefits of a spouse?
how about a written will. Sorry but you are wrong marriage existed way before the united states did. Churches can do what ever they want then let the churches decide who get the tax, social securtity, military, immigration and other benefits.

ftv1975

i am done with this subject sorry if i offended anybody that was not my goal. just shared my view hoped to learn others views. i learned one thing an that was why people hold comming out parties.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
how about a written will. Sorry but you are wrong marriage existed way before the united states did. Churches can do what ever they want then let the churches decide who get the tax, social securtity, military, immigration and other benefits.

How would that help me get tax benefits or social security?
Sorry you're wrong, marriage existed way before the church did.
The point is that only the government can grant government benefits. Legalizing same-sex marriage will have exactly zero impact on any church.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
I'm of the opinion that if churches want to refuse homosexuals marriage rites, that's their business. I have no qualms with that. I disagree with the position, but technically a church is like a private organization and can do whatever the hell it wants (within the confines of the law).

But churches have absolutely no business lobbying to prevent the state from marrying homosexuals. Americans, do you live in a secular country? Yes? Then stop dilly-dallying and separate the damn church and state already.

And any anti-gay loon that wants to oppose the state allowing gay marriage, but allows religious institutions to discriminate all they choose...they should have others vote on what rights THEY should get, just to see how it feels to be discriminated against repeatedly and being denied rights they should have had long ago.

Enough, already. To my last recollection, the United States is a free country, much like my own, but with Texans. And in free countries you can hold whatever bigoted opinion you like, no matter how gruesome, no matter how disgusting, no matter how unjust. But in free countries you are not allowed to deny others rights and equality.

If you don't like homosexuals, that's really great for you. But try not butting into people's lives for a change, will ya? I don't care what the Bible sanctions, I don't care what it recommends for stoning, lynching, hanging from a tree, nailing to a cross, or impaling certain groups of people. But in the modern day, where we are (hopefully) a little more civilized than that, it is my sincerest hope that people can keep their bigoted opinions to themselves and not interfere with the rights of others.