• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexuality disproves evolution

Primordial Annihilator

How do you know? How is this fact? You may be absolutely correct, I'd just like to hear your reasoning.

I have already done so repeatedly earlier in this thread.

While I will agree that criminal behavior is not genetic(IMO), I would have to disagree with musical ability in say the ability to sing. Now of course everyone has this ability, just some better than others. I however do not believe it is something that can be taught or influenced by environmental factors. In my experience, and this is just that, my experience, every person I know that is able to sing well, has at least one parent that has the same ability. Now they can be taught through exercises to control their voice, but this is something that is unique to the individual and is part of their makeup. I have a terrible singing voice, and not even Celine Dion could teach me to sing better.

I did not say criminal behaviour was entirely non genetic...neither did I say musical ability was entirely non genetic.
But anyway..
What links them is their relationship to the human brain and its structure and chemistry....the human brain is a product of genetics and environment and experiences...even experiences shape the neural pathways of the mind...we call it learning.

Last edited:

andys

Andys
Ok, can we declare hellobunny's assertion is defeated?
homosexuality is not natural it leads to exstinction becuase homo can not pro create they die out. natural selection does not support 'homosexuality' according to natural selection gays will die out. evolutionists have been stumped there is nothing natural about gays.

I dare say, my post (#274) refutes this assertion. What say you, hellobunny?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Just guessing:

Bunny_puppet.jpg

The Neo Nerd

Hellobunny has been banned?
Is that possible? This was his first post! What happened?

Maybe RF has created a stupid meter and he exceeded the threshold.

Or perhaps because he only made on inflammatory post and didn't post after that.

It could go either way.

-Q

Im an Atheist

Biologist
homosexuality is not natural it leads to exstinction becuase homo can not pro create they die out. natural selection does not support 'homosexuality' according to natural selection gays will die out. evolutionists have been stumped there is nothing natural about gays.

Don't comment about things without some rational thought...

Homosexuality is defined within the genetic make up when the foetus is developing. Hence for, a NATURAL mutation or change of the genetic make up causes it. (There is evidence supporting a gay gene, 'XG28', but I have no credible sources to use as an argument). As is stands, humans are under no evolutionary pressure, this means, natural selection is pretty much non existent in the modern 21st Century. Being homosexual is not a disadvantage, you can still lead flourishing life and succeed, and even pass on your genes with reproductive treatment.

A very poor, flawed statement.....

waitasec

Veteran Member
Don't comment about things without some rational thought...

Homosexuality is defined within the genetic make up when the foetus is developing. Hence for, a NATURAL mutation or change of the genetic make up causes it. (There is evidence supporting a gay gene, 'XG28', but I have no credible sources to use as an argument). As is stands, humans are under no evolutionary pressure, this means, natural selection is pretty much non existent in the modern 21st Century. Being homosexual is not a disadvantage, you can still lead flourishing life and succeed, and even pass on your genes with reproductive treatment.

A very poor, flawed statement.....

curious,
do you, or anyone who cares to answer :p, think that technological advances are a part of human evolution?

Im an Atheist

Biologist
curious,
do you, or anyone who cares to answer :p, think that technological advances are a part of human evolution?

A very good question. Without much in depth thought, because I have only just read the post :p I feel that technological advances are indirectly related possibly. As human's became more adapted to their environment, there skills increased. So instead of throwing boulders at mammoths, they could make flint spears and arrow ETC. It's a tough question to answer, and I think it is a brilliant chance to start a new thread to get more views. So I encourage you to start a new thread.

IAA

waitasec

Veteran Member
A very good question. Without much in depth thought, because I have only just read the post :p I feel that technological advances are indirectly related possibly. As human's became more adapted to their environment, there skills increased. So instead of throwing boulders at mammoths, they could make flint spears and arrow ETC. It's a tough question to answer, and I think it is a brilliant chance to start a new thread to get more views. So I encourage you to start a new thread.

IAA

ok...i will.
:D

Alceste

Vagabond
curious,

Only when regarded as a byproduct of intelligence, toolmaking, curiosity and the ability to communicate and collaborate with other humans. To the extent that technology influences our rate of survival, it becomes a factor influencing our evolution. A couple of recent examples would be the discovery of oil and the green revolution (where we figured out how to double our agricultural output using synthetic fertilizers). These innovations and the resulting technologies caused our population to explode. Peak oil and climate change will inevitably cause our population to collapse. Somewhere in that cycle will be natural selection at work, favoring people with veggie gardens. ;)

DarkSun

:eltiT
curious,

I'd say no. Technology in itself doesn't affect our evolution. It is more a reflection of evolution.

Last edited:

barek333

I'd say no. Technology in itself doesn't affect our evolution. It is more a reflection of evolution.

I would disagree...with the no statement. I do agree that technology is a reflection..or a result I would say of our evolution, but it also does...and in a big way affect our future evolution. Or at least the way we use the technology is having an impact on our future evolution.