• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey RF: What do you think of this?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Note that when he soaked the piece of aluminum foil he purposely dripped and shook the excess water onto the paper towel (he used aluminum foil because it wouldn't soak up any of the water). Paper towel that had been previously covered with finely crushed quicklime---calcium oxide.
Sincerely, I appreciate the skepticsm because I **can** be very gulliable.

However, what you're saying above contradicts what is in the video. It's the top video posted from the Stan Lee TV show. In this video, the skeptics replaced the paper towel, the tin foil, and the water, so that all materials were not tampered with and clean.

For me, the best myth busting would come from someone reproducing the magic trick, if it is one, using some other technique.

Skwim

Veteran Member
It's the top video posted from the Stan Lee TV show. In this video, the skeptics replaced the paper towel, the tin foil, and the water, so that all materials were not tampered with and clean.
If you buy the claim that the dry sand was a simple trick, something even a child could pull off, then you know darn well that Zhou Ting Jue isn't above lying about his powers in his other demonstrations. So everything he does has to be considered a trick until shown otherwise. As for using towel from the skeptic, unfortunately this isn't shown but only stated. Not that the skeptic is in on the trick, but in as much as Zhou Ting Jue is a magician, and knowing a bit about magic myself, I know switching towels is something he would be capable of. Heck, he could even have had finely crushed quicklime spread on a white table top where it wouldn't show, and then laid the skeptic's wet paper towel on it so the towel would pick up the chemical.

And keep in mind that the same "apparatus," a wet towel wrapped around metal that was, "doused," or at least wetted in water, was used in both performances. And, there was no mention in the first demonstration that the towel had to be wet so as to protect anything. It was simply nonchalantly wet with water with no explanation. Nope, the whole thing screams

images

or at least outright trickery.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
There are many fake Chi "masters" out there, i am very aware of them, but those who do have the ability to use their Chi energy (life energy) can actually do certain things that look supernatural. But i dont ask others to belive what i believe, the OP was "what do you think of this", so i answer what I Belive.

What (Who?) is your belief based on? Do you have the name of a real Chi Master? What is your personal experience evaluating the evidence?

Or is it just, "it sounds cool and I want to believe".

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What (Who?) is your belief based on? Do you have the name of a real Chi Master? What is your personal experience evaluating the evidence?

Or is it just, "it sounds cool and I want to believe".
I was a Buddhist for more then 20 years,and some of my teachers had some abilities,so i saw it first hand, Now i am studying/cultivating Falun Gong where some teachings speak about superhuman abilities, but we are not to focus on getting abilities, The only personal experience i have had my self was that for some time i could remove pain from other peoples body with only using my hands. I have understood it was a wrong thing to do so i do not try it again. In my understanding, the cultivation of some spiritual teachings can lead to people get abilities but those are mostly for healing. The Chi energy is not practiced within Falun Gong where Gong energy or cultivation energy is what we gain. Actually the Gong energy can be an indicator of progress in the cultivation practice. But if abilities are experienced they are more of a bi-product of our own cultivation the something we should pursue :)

ecco

Veteran Member
I was a Buddhist for more then 20 years,and some of my teachers had some abilities,so i saw it first hand, Now i am studying/cultivating Falun Gong where some teachings speak about superhuman abilities, but we are not to focus on getting abilities, The only personal experience i have had my self was that for some time i could remove pain from other peoples body with only using my hands. I have understood it was a wrong thing to do so i do not try it again. In my understanding, the cultivation of some spiritual teachings can lead to people get abilities but those are mostly for healing. The Chi energy is not practiced within Falun Gong where Gong energy or cultivation energy is what we gain. Actually the Gong energy can be an indicator of progress in the cultivation practice. But if abilities are experienced they are more of a bi-product of our own cultivation the something we should pursue :)
So, in a nutshell, you believe because you want to believe. OK.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Just a gentle reminder:

This is a discussion not a debate. Please refrain from challenging other contributors asking for evidence.

Thank you,

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Master Zhou Ting Jue uses QiGong to heat his hands to 190 deg F?

Get a box of matches. Tear off the lighting strips on the side. Just the top layer with the chemicals if you can.

Place the torn up strips on a large silver coin. Ignite them. Blow away the ash.

It will leave a film of oil on the surface of the coin.

Wipe the oily residue off the coin with the pad of your index finger.

Rub your index finger and thumb together vigorously.

Don’t worry. Nothing bad will happen.

:alien:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
What do you think of this?

Qi energy is real. I doubt this guy is a hoaxer. It's probably real and outside of our current scientific knowledge.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Unfortunately, YouTube videos don't prove anything.

Emerging technologies mean that all videos are suspect, not just Youtube click bait.

Fully realistic synthetic video can be made of anyone doing and saying anything, anywhere.

“Believe half of what you see
And none of what you hear”
- Marvin Gaye ‘Heard It Through The Grapevine”

George-ananda

Premium Member
Oops!

Then see my posts 17 and 23.

I saw them and didn't follow the details.

I seriously doubt this guy achieved his notoriety by doing simple chemistry tricks that anyone can do. I have not done a deep study of all the claims and counter-claims on this particular individual I must admit.

But from studying other psychic figures in greater depth, I also know there are arch-skeptics that will claim every psychic figure of any notoriety is a fraud. I absolutely do not believe that to be true. So without further study I have to stay with what I said in my first post:

Qi energy is real. I doubt this guy is a hoaxer. It's probably real and outside of our current scientific knowledge.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I saw them and didn't follow the details.

I seriously doubt this guy achieved his notoriety by doing simple chemistry tricks that anyone can do. I have not done a deep study of all the claims and counter-claims on this particular individual I must admit.

But from studying other psychic figures in greater depth, I also know there are arch-skeptics that will claim every psychic figure of any notoriety is a fraud. I absolutely do not believe that to be true. So without further study I have to stay with what I said in my first post:

There are practical explanations for his demonstrations, but if you prefer to believe he uses some kind of psychic power that's fine. When I do the tricks I'll continue to use Scotch Guard and crushed quicklime.

George-ananda

Premium Member
There are practical explanations for his demonstrations, but if you prefer to believe he uses some kind of psychic power that's fine. When I do the tricks I'll continue to use Scotch Guard and crushed quicklime.

I honestly prefer to believe what is most likely true whether that is he is using psychic powers or chemistry tricks. Why should I default to the deception explanation for someone like this? That said, I'll repeat:

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I belive because i have experienced it
I think a lot of people do. Evangelist do it all the time and people believe them just as much.

If you see somebody like Benny Hinn in person and that person said I saw it and experienced it so it's obviously true for them....

Personally I would dig a lot deeper than what I happen to see on the surface before coming up with any conclusions.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think a lot of people do. Evangelist do it all the time and people believe them just as much.

If you see somebody like Benny Hinn in person and that person said I saw it and experienced it so it's obviously true for them....

Personally I would dig a lot deeper than what I happen to see on the surface before coming up with any conclusions.
well i studied it for more then 20 years in the time i was a Buddhist. so i feel i have a little knowledge about it. and just because it is called chi does not make it less as an energy that we humans can tap in to, in my understanding anyway. but i not going to force others to believe my personal experiences :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
well i studied it for more then 20 years in the time i was a Buddhist. so i feel i have a little knowledge about it. and just because it is called chi does not make it less as an energy that we humans can tap in to, in my understanding anyway. but i not going to force others to believe my personal experiences :)
Of course, I encourage you to run with it.

The way I see it, believe it unto you can't believe it no more. ;0)