• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey RF: What do you think of this?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Master Zhou Ting Jue uses QiGong to heat his hands to 190 deg F?

Here's 2 youtube videos demonstrating this. Do you believe it? Is there a scientific explanation for the phenomena?

Cooky

Veteran Member

Here's 2 youtube videos demonstrating this. Do you believe it? Is there a scientific explanation for the phenomena?

In the bottom video, he spent a bit of time preparing the paper towel on the guy's lap, folding it, and flipping it around... I wonder if he snuck something in there while he was flipping it.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
In the bottom video, he spent a bit of time preparing the paper towel on the guy's lap, folding it, and flipping it around... I wonder if he snuck something in there.
What about the top video... maybe skip to the end, all the materials were **supposedly** replaced by the tester.

Cooky

Veteran Member
What about the top video... maybe skip to the end, all the materials were **supposedly** replaced by the tester.

I think he rubs his hands with a calcium oxide based ointment. Which reacts with water generating heat.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I'd like to see him do all that heat stuff under close observation, in laboratory conditions - under the terms of the observers

If he could do that then the scientific and religious implications would be shocking

But he obviously hasn't so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, unless for some reason he doesn't want the truth of it to be established?

I really don't know what to think of this, except that he may be making himself a channel for Satan's powers?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I may be wrong on this but as far as I understand he uses a form of Chi/QI energy to do this, so yes I do believe he does it and that it is true. But how he has gotten the Chi energy i do not know.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
If real and no trick/hoax involved absolutely there is a scientific explanation as science is magic until proven to be science.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I guarantee you he will never do anything along the lines of an amazing Randi challenge.

That would certainly put him into the hospital for burn treatments.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Unfortunately, YouTube videos don't prove anything.
No they don't. That's for sure. :0)

The only thing that will prove it is a science experiment to test to see if he's lying. Which given the temperatures, he certainly is.

Unless of course, his hands contain the genealogy of the Rimicaris hybisae shrimp.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Have you seen what Shen Lim can do? Or David Copperfield? Or an immense horde of other wonderful magicians?

Heck, even I can get a signed coin inside a sealed bag, inside a closed matchbox wrapped in rubber bands, in under 1 second.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Most likely. Shamans and witches alike have their methods amd means, and though they may seem amazing, like walking on wood coals it's really not that impressive once we know whats really going on.

ecco

Veteran Member
I may be wrong on this but as far as I understand he uses a form of Chi/QI energy to do this, so yes I do believe he does it and that it is true. But how he has gotten the Chi energy i do not know.
The gullible live on.

Put "Chi/QI phony" into the youtube search box. You'll get many like this...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The gullible live on.

Put "Chi/QI phony" into the youtube search box. You'll get many like this...

There are many fake Chi "masters" out there, i am very aware of them, but those who do have the ability to use their Chi energy (life energy) can actually do certain things that look supernatural. But i dont ask others to belive what i believe, the OP was "what do you think of this", so i answer what I Belive.

Skwim

Veteran Member

Zhou Ting Jue Grand Master of Bull****

And just to make it look good, he placed normal sand in the water, which would, of course, get wet, but to the side so when he went to get it he didn't inadvertently get any of the treated sand. Note that he took the two handfuls from different places in the bowl.

Note that when he soaked the piece of aluminum foil he purposely dripped and shook the excess water onto the paper towel (he used aluminum foil because it wouldn't soak up any of the water). Paper towel that had been previously covered with finely crushed quicklime---calcium oxide.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Have you seen what Shen Lim can do? Or David Copperfield? Or an immense horde of other wonderful magicians?

Heck, even I can get a signed coin inside a sealed bag, inside a closed matchbox wrapped in rubber bands, in under 1 second.
That's a very big part of it, in my opinion. Stage magic or religious, it's an act, a performance, and psychodrama that for some is religiously significant and important, even for feelings of wellness. But, the key is always in the presentation. It's what makes a mundane thing, such as sight of hand or bubbling and smoking chemical reactions, into a spectacular and amazing sight to behold. Without that, one is left with nothing more than a bunch of silliness.

Skwim

Veteran Member
That's a very big part of it, in my opinion. Stage magic or religious, it's an act, a performance, and psychodrama that for some is religiously significant and important, even for feelings of wellness. But, the key is always in the presentation. It's what makes a mundane thing, such as sight of hand or bubbling and smoking chemical reactions, into a spectacular and amazing sight to behold. Without that, one is left with nothing more than a bunch of silliness.
As a kid in grade school I remember taking the striking paper off a book of paper matches, folding it in half so it would sit on edge on a coin, and then setting it on fire. After it had burned there would be a small amount of residue left on the coin. If you carefully scraped it off with your forefinger and rubbed it with your thumb it would produce smoke---no heat though. As a prepared trick it always baffled the other kids. Of course it was a one-time demonstration.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As a kid in grade school I remember taking the striking paper off a book of paper matches, folding it in half so it would sit on edge on a coin, and then setting it on fire. After it had burned there would be a small amount of residue left on the coin. If you carefully scraped it off with your forefinger and rubbed it with your thumb it would produce smoke---no heat though. As a prepared trick it always baffled the other kids. Of course it was a one-time demonstration.

Yup. That one is a great up close trick to do that is easy to do, but you'll summon demons with it if you present it convincingly.