• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello again to all.

CaptainBritain

Hi my Name is Steve, I used to come on this site for a while years ago, but ive been without net access for a long while, I doubt anyone will remember me as i cant remember what my old nicname was either.

When I last was here I was an out and out Atheist, but in the years since I have been born again and I am now a Christian, my main hobby these days is Bible study, now if any of you guys had told me that this would be the case all these years ago i would have called you insane.

I know all the Atheist arguements and all the ways to try and down talk the Christian faith, I used them for years and years, I now know how wrong I was.
Im currently enroled in several courses to further my studies and have had a hand in the rebirth of many new Christians.

I am back to stay this time, but even though I do not remember who I was before I do wish to say sorry to any men or women of faith who felt the brunt of my sharp pen, im in the process of making up for my wrongs in the past, ive squared things with God but have still got a fair bit squaring with myself to do.

The best ways I can think to put this in particular right is to say sorry and spend as much time as I can putting my sharp pen for the glory of the Lord, im uneducated in an academic way but im well read in my personal life and my upbringing in the north of England has given me a straight to the bone style of talking.

To my fellow Christian brothers and sisters of any denomination you have a new defender of the faith and a new friend.
To everyone else I am out to make a new brother and sister out of you, but you are all my friends regardless.

Im 32 years old, a Rugby Union player and Tigers fan, Im married but no kids as yet, ive been born again for just over three years, I work as a Mr fix it on a huge industrial estate, any problems on the site like ice on the roads or broken lights or such falls to me.

My future lie with my job but on the side I am planning to start a not for any personal gain ministry, to help Christians around the world who are facing death for there faith.

I best leave it there, i tend to waffle on rather a lot on paper or on a screen yet im a man of few words in person unless there is humour to be found,
I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing some good debates and learning fresh insights on both faiths and scripture.

Best wishes to you all

Steve.:)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Hi my Name is Steve, I used to come on this site for a while years ago, but ive been without net access for a long while, I doubt anyone will remember me as i cant remember what my old nicname was either.

When I last was here I was an out and out Atheist, but in the years since I have been born again and I am now a Christian, my main hobby these days is Bible study, now if any of you guys had told me that this would be the case all these years ago i would have called you insane.

I know all the Atheist arguements and all the ways to try and down talk the Christian faith, I used them for years and years, I now know how wrong I was.
Im currently enroled in several courses to further my studies and have had a hand in the rebirth of many new Christians.

I am back to stay this time, but even though I do not remember who I was before I do wish to say sorry to any men or women of faith who felt the brunt of my sharp pen, im in the process of making up for my wrongs in the past, ive squared things with God but have still got a fair bit squaring with myself to do.

The best ways I can think to put this in particular right is to say sorry and spend as much time as I can putting my sharp pen for the glory of the Lord, im uneducated in an academic way but im well read in my personal life and my upbringing in the north of England has given me a straight to the bone style of talking.

To my fellow Christian brothers and sisters of any denomination you have a new defender of the faith and a new friend.
To everyone else I am out to make a new brother and sister out of you, but you are all my friends regardless.

Im 32 years old, a Rugby Union player and Tigers fan, Im married but no kids as yet, ive been born again for just over three years, I work as a Mr fix it on a huge industrial estate, any problems on the site like ice on the roads or broken lights or such falls to me.

My future lie with my job but on the side I am planning to start a not for any personal gain ministry, to help Christians around the world who are facing death for there faith.

I best leave it there, i tend to waffle on rather a lot on paper or on a screen yet im a man of few words in person unless there is humour to be found,
I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing some good debates and learning fresh insights on both faiths and scripture.

Best wishes to you all

Steve.:)

Welcome back Captain Britain and look forward to your posts

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I generally ignored "welcome" threads but based on what I have read so far, I think you will make an excellent addition to RF.

Keep up the good posts.

GiantHouseKey

Greetings

Welcome (Back) to RF! I hope you enjoy your time here (...Again) :)

Can I breifly ask what lead you to the change from atheism to christianity?

GhK.

CaptainBritain

Greetings

Welcome (Back) to RF! I hope you enjoy your time here (...Again) :)

Can I breifly ask what lead you to the change from atheism to christianity?

GhK.

I bought a second hand Bible with a commentary from a carboot sale, my intent was to get more ammo to use in my debates with Christians, I thought i knew the Bible real well as i was force fed it as a child, I knew the Bible but i did not understand it, but buying that second hand Bible and reading it all again, it all made sense.

Id always held science as my god but when I worked out that science and the spiritual can never even meet let alone be bedfellows, game set and match.

It was a slow thought process rather than a road to Damascus situation.

GiantHouseKey

CaptainBritain said:
I bought a second hand Bible with a commentary from a carboot sale, my intent was to get more ammo to use in my debates with Christians, I thought i knew the Bible real well as i was force fed it as a child, I knew the Bible but i did not understand it, but buying that second hand Bible and reading it all again, it all made sense.
So you were only really an atheist because you rebelled against it and then you found it again later in life and decided to embrace it? I admire that.

Id always held science as my god but when I worked out that science and the spiritual can never even meet let alone be bedfellows, game set and match.
We do not agree, but i'm sure that's a different thread entirely

Thank you for sharing that with me :)

GhK.

CaptainBritain

So you were only really an atheist because you rebelled against it and then you found it again later in life and decided to embrace it? I admire that.

We do not agree, but i'm sure that's a different thread entirely

Thank you for sharing that with me :)

GhK.

No I was always an Atheist theres a great deal of difference between being dragged out of bed on a Sunday by my parents as a youth and being a Christian, I hated Sundays, i suspect my Atheist views were started by my wish to try get my parents to stop wasting my sundays, I even had a stab at trying to convert our church's priest into an Atheist via many chats, I didnt believe any of it for a second, I mean its all so absurd for all the reasons Atheists like to repeat so often.
Now ive found its not so absurd atall, infact its obvious, and via many threads Im hoping to explain how obvious it is, but ive got to find the right english.

If you want to start that thread im happy to debate the Science/spiritual with you, well debate is strong, more chew the fat and go round in circles but im game if you are and others may like to chip in too.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend CaptainBritain,
Once again, welcome to RF.
Personally it appears that those who are real SEARCHERS start by asking questions and the best way is to take the ATHEIST stand point to really understand about religion.
Have been through that route myself however today have realised that god is only a concept developed by humans for an understanding of what we know as ENERGY.
God is not required to be discussed to understand, realise and be enlightened.
Best wishes to you.
More as we go along the path.
Love & rgds