• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has Greta studied this?

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
The scientists that deny manmade Global Warming tend to be more elderly because a young scientist with a family to support is more wary of the financial implications of speaking their mind.
Useless and biased opinion without substance has no explanatory value.

Any conspiracy theories you want to double down on?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Fear of losing your career is a tremendous motivation for going with the flow.

I admire those that are prepared to paddle upstream to get to the truth.
in other words you are happy when you find someone that agrees with your position regardless of the truth. I get that.

Notanumber

A Free Man
CO2 can be a pollutant like anything else. Stating otherwise has no support. Pollutant, like weed are not scientific terms that have specified meanings and singular application. They are contextual. Roses can be weeds if they are growing in your corn crop.

Deforestation and habitat destruction that is partly responsible for the increased CO2 is doing just the opposite. What is the composition of that greening you are fond of? More weedy plants and poison ivy your sort of greening?

Are you advocating some sort of genetically modified CO2 that will only allow trees and crops to grow?

Good luck with that, but CO2 helps trees to grow and trees absorb CO2 for instance so it is somewhat self-balancing.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The liars are out in full force trying to substitute superstition for science by denying the truth that AGW exists and is affecting the Earth.

The big problem with your uninformed post is that I have yet seen any one list a scientist (of the 97%) that has put their name on a document claiming Global Warming/Climate Change is the doom of us all (or even exists as a catastrophic event). As you can see, many real scientists from the disciplines that study climate have bravely signed their names to this document. Put your money where your mouth is kind of comes to mind.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Are you advocating some sort of genetically modified CO2 that will only allow trees and crops to grow?

Good luck with that, but CO2 helps trees to grow and trees absorb CO2 for instance so it is somewhat self-balancing.
What the heck are you babbling about?

Balances can be broken. Just cut down more trees.

I can see that reason is not what you are going for here. Good luck with that.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
My bad, I assumed it was.

For your part, you might avoid assuming that
I am such a simpleton as to avoid anything that does
not support my opinion.
That is profoundly against my nature and training.

Or for that matter, that you even know the whether or
what of any opinion I might have on AGW.

I dont btw, get my science from political commentary blogs.

The difference between that and a vid is not worth
discussing.

You're right. I didn't mean to assume, and I apologize for coming off thusly.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

How do you genetically modify CO2? You do know what it is? Right? You wouldn't be toeing some party line and parroting propaganda while thinking a molecule is a living thing with genes? Would ya? Nah! You're obviously a straight shooter with all the facts and a keen grasp of the details.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
BTW, why would anyone take the word of some politicians over scientists in their area of expertise? That's like going to get a root canal from a proctologist.

Unfortunately, there are those here that would insist we're just attacking the same problem from different angles...just sayin'.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Criticism from those who understand science is different from "criticism" from those who put politics ahead of facts.

Politics has hijacked reasonable debate regarding Climate Change and deemed it unreasonable if it differs from the leftwing slant.

Notanumber

A Free Man
How do you genetically modify CO2? You do know what it is? Right? You wouldn't be toeing some party line and parroting propaganda while thinking a molecule is a living thing with genes? Would ya? Nah! You're obviously a straight shooter with all the facts and a keen grasp of the details.

I was only pointing the errors in your thinking.

Audie

Veteran Member

Genetically modified carbon dioxide??

Call a doctor, the boy is insane!!!

I said, hold it, Doc, a World War passed through my brain
He said, nurse, get your pad, this boy's insane
He grabbed my arm, I said ouch
As I landed on the psychiatric couch
He said, tell me about it

-Dylan

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The big problem with your uninformed post is that I have yet seen any one list a scientist (of the 97%) that has put their name on a document claiming Global Warming/Climate Change is the doom of us all (or even exists as a catastrophic event). As you can see, many real scientists from the disciplines that study climate have bravely signed their names to this document. Put your money where your mouth is kind of comes to mind.
A document? That's a pretty exclusionary reference. Go to Google scholar and search for climate change catastrophes

Expertise_vs_Consensus.jpg

shows that the ignorant don't believe the evidence.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Genetically modified carbon dioxide??

Call a doctor, the boy is insane!!!

I said, hold it, Doc, a World War passed through my brain
He said, nurse, get your pad, this boy's insane
He grabbed my arm, I said ouch
As I landed on the psychiatric couch
He said, tell me about it

-Dylan

Some people don’t read and fully understand posts.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Scientists Around the World Declare 'Climate Emergency' | Science | Smithsonian Magazine

In a report published in the journal BioScience, over 11,000 of the world’s leading climate scientists have added their names to a declaration calling the planet’s current warming trends a “climate emergency.” Titled “World Scientists’ Warning of a Climate Emergency,” the paper takes an urgent tone, detailing a dire situation that will require extreme responses to avert disaster.