• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has Greta studied this?

Audie

Veteran Member
I didn't post a video. You should avail yourself of information out there that might not support your opinion.

My bad, I assumed it was.

For your part, you might avoid assuming that
I am such a simpleton as to avoid anything that does
not support my opinion.
That is profoundly against my nature and training.

Or for that matter, that you even know the whether or
what of any opinion I might have on AGW.

I dont btw, get my science from political commentary blogs.

The difference between that and a vid is not worth
discussing.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Run! Run! Greta is coming fast in her black helicopter, and she's got clippers!

:rolleyes:

epronovost

Water vapour has a greater effect than CO2. Are they going to tax water vapour?

Indeed water vapour is a stronger green house gaz, the advantage of water vapour is that it ****ING RAIN when there is too much of it you fantastically dumb human being. Seriously, have you even finished your fourth grade science?

BTW, who considered and rejected solar activity, the change in the Earth's orbit and volcanic activities?

Do you have a link?

Every single space agency on the planet. NASA has a nice little info graphic for vulgarisation purpose just for that.

Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant.

The dosage makes the poison

Was it high levels of carbon dioxide that brought the earth out of the mini ice age?

If so, was that manmade?

It depends on which one you are talking about. It's also important to note that those ''mini ice age'' like those of the Modern Era are mostly regional events instead of global ones mostly affecting the Northern hemisphere and were likely caused by changes in solar activity though records of solar activity are patchy before the 20th century. It's monitored daily since the 70's though. Some have also suggested that a reduction of human activity ad population in the early 16th century due to epidemics that decimated American population and the Black Death prior to that did help too. The forestrial cover improved during that period.

exchemist

Veteran Member
If you think that video is 20 minutes long, you must have watched it twice.

You can tell when a video is making some good points when YouTube finds it necessary to put a banner to global warming propaganda underneath it.

Water vapour has a greater effect than CO2. Are they going to tax water vapour?

Anyone that does not agree with the consensus is lucky to keep his or her job never mind receive a Nobel Prize. Fortunately, this does not deter those with a conscience.

BTW, who considered and rejected solar activity, the change in the Earth's orbit and volcanic activities?

Do you have a link?

Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant.

Was it high levels of carbon dioxide that brought the earth out of the mini ice age?

If so, was that manmade?
The comment about water vapour is quite funny, displaying, as it does to anyone who understand the greenhouse effect, how little you know about it. But in your case, no argument is worth the trouble. The concrete is fully set already. :D

Notanumber

A Free Man
If she was talking rubbish there would be no fight back from rich white men and the Murdoch media. But they are scared of her, that's why they attack her personally.

Those that support the Climate Change Ideology are scared of discussion, that’s why they attack those with differing views.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
If she was talking rubbish there would be no fight back from rich white men and the Murdoch media. But they are scared of her, that's why they attack her personally.

So you included classism, sexism, and racism in your response? Good, you do realize that rich white men are the ones who largely helped cultivate and promote her correct?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Those that support the Climate Change Ideology are scared of discussion, that’s why they attack those with differing views.
No, just bored with attempting to discuss it with stubborn idiots, or people trying to keep a flamebait thread going. :rolleyes:

Notanumber

A Free Man
No, just bored with attempting to discuss it with stubborn idiots, or people trying to keep a flamebait thread going. :rolleyes:

Why don’t you clear off to another thread and leave this one for those with open minds?

Global-warming-science-2-650.jpg

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
The liars are out in full force trying to substitute superstition for science by denying the truth that AGW exists and is affecting the Earth.

Taxing the West back into the Dark Age is not going to save the world no matter what the Left wants us to believe.

exchemist

Veteran Member
If so, where does that leave you?

Obviously, you will not watch this short video but you should try to read some of the comments beneath it.

Nah I've had enough flamebait for one afternoon. If it were someone other than you, I might spend a bit of time on it, but for you? Not a chance. :p

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Taxing the West back into the Dark Age is not going to save the world no matter what the Left wants us to believe.

What has politics to do with this? It's simply a scientific question, and I think you betray the reason (one at least) for your dismissing GW, you have right-wing views, and we know that anything that threatens business has to be abhorred.

Audie

Veteran Member
Indeed water vapour is a stronger green house gaz, the advantage of water vapour is that it ****ING RAIN when there is too much of it you fantastically dumb human being. Seriously, have you even finished your fourth grade science?

Every single space agency on the planet. NASA has a nice little info graphic for vulgarisation purpose just for that.

The dosage makes the poison

It depends on which one you are talking about. It's also important to note that those ''mini ice age'' like those of the Modern Era are mostly regional events instead of global ones mostly affecting the Northern hemisphere and were likely caused by changes in solar activity though records of solar activity are patchy before the 20th century. It's monitored daily since the 70's though. Some have also suggested that a reduction of human activity ad population in the early 16th century due to epidemics that decimated American population and the Black Death prior to that did help too. The forestrial cover improved during that period.

Good stuff, maybe a little too good. Dont get banned!

Altfish

Veteran Member
So you included classism, sexism, and racism in your response? Good, you do realize that rich white men are the ones who largely helped cultivate and promote her correct?
Yes, that's who is attacking her.
Which poor people are disagreeing with her?
Which black people are disagreeing (Yes, I'm sure there'll be a black GOP toady)
Rich men promoted her - which rich men when compared to Mercer, Koch, Murdoch promote her? I see David Attenborough and the likes, not hedge fund managers.