• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings and Question

Rayvennox

Hello everyone, I'm new here, I'm here because I have kinda weird question, I guess this topic was discussed or not but, recently, I was thinking of starting my own religion, I mean new christian denomination, some of you will say "what for", "who do you think you are? You're not prophet or like Joseph Smith" or "forget it, there's enough denominations", but I did it, I started my own christian denomination, I called Independent Penantist Church or Penantism, I created website, facebook page, currently I'm writing its doctrine, though this new denomination is in construction I want to know how canI spread it, how can I gain more followers, attract people to it, is there any way to do it.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Well. If you were to ask me, I'd recommend studying some grammar so that people will look at you as a learned person and respect your position. Five lines with eleven commas and one period sounds like you're trying to win a dare not ask a question.

Also the missing question marks doesn't help.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Word of mouth, public gatherings, clear definitions of what your faith is and how it differs from other faiths, accessibility of that information and those public gatherings, and so on. The usual stuff.

Just don't try to accrue followers here, as it's against the forum guidelines for this website to do so. :)
8. Preaching/Proselytizing
Creating (or linking to) content intended to convert/recruit others to your religion, spirituality, sect/denomination, or lack thereof is not permitted. Similarly, attempting to convert others away from their religion, spiritual convictions, or sect/denomination will also be considered a form of preaching. Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching.

Milton Platt

Hello everyone, I'm new here, I'm here because I have kinda weird question, I guess this topic was discussed or not but, recently, I was thinking of starting my own religion, I mean new christian denomination, some of you will say "what for", "who do you think you are? You're not prophet or like Joseph Smith" or "forget it, there's enough denominations", but I did it, I started my own christian denomination, I called Independent Penantist Church or Penantism, I created website, facebook page, currently I'm writing its doctrine, though this new denomination is in construction I want to know how canI spread it, how can I gain more followers, attract people to it, is there any way to do it.

By some measures, there are already up to 35,000 different flavors of Christianity so far, so what's one more???

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings, fellow religion founder!
(I founded Revoltifarianism.)

Join us for the RF pre-dinner snack.....
ice-cream-festival-2.jpg

Skwim

Veteran Member
Also the missing question marks doesn't help.
"don't" :p............................ Or is it suppose to be,

"Also the missing question marks doesn't help"​

Sorry, but under the circumstances I couldn't help it. ;)

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW

Technically, I think what your effort would be defined as is a cult (in the theological sense, not brainwash/kidnap sense) or possibly a church or eventually a movement; or perhaps a sect if you're essentially stemming from one of the established denominations. You're many years and many adherents away from being a denomination.

Milton Platt

The shame of association?

No, it's just that I can weather the usual onslaught of usubstantiated claims and wishful thinking just fine. But now you have to go and make a religion that is also delicious. I have no arguments against that....my atheistic days are numbered

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, it's just that I can weather the usual onslaught of usubstantiated claims and wishful thinking just fine. But now you have to go and make a religion that is also delicious. I have no arguments against that....my atheistic days are numbered
Most Revoltifarians are atheists.