• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings and Question

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
Hello everyone, I'm new here, I'm here because I have kinda weird question, I guess this topic was discussed or not but, recently, I was thinking of starting my own religion, I mean new christian denomination, some of you will say "what for", "who do you think you are? You're not prophet or like Joseph Smith" or "forget it, there's enough denominations", but I did it, I started my own christian denomination, I called Independent Penantist Church or Penantism, I created website, facebook page, currently I'm writing its doctrine, though this new denomination is in construction I want to know how canI spread it, how can I gain more followers, attract people to it, is there any way to do it.

Welcome to the site.

Well for one thing, I would much rather like to know details about your denomination than it's name.

Also for another, trying to convert other people here is not allowed on this site.

Rayvennox

Welcome to the site.

Well for one thing, I would much rather like to know details about your denomination than it's name.

Also for another, trying to convert other people here is not allowed on this site.
Welcome to the site.

Alright, thanks for the tip, I'm not trying to promote my own denomination here, that's not what I want, I wrote this thread in order to find a solution, how to gather followers to new denomination.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Alright, thanks for the tip, I'm not trying to promote my own denomination here, that's not what I want, I wrote this thread in order to find a solution, how to gather followers to new denomination.
Well, just don't turn into the Davidians, or Jonestown, or something like that. "O)

Rayvennox

Well, just don't turn into the Davidians, or Jonestown, or something like that. "O)

No way!! It's not my goal, I can assure you all, I'm not going to create a sect, just a real Christian denomination, I'm not the second Anton LaVey, let's be honest, I grew up in a religious christian family where Jesus played an important role in family life, so believe me I'm not going to establish a religion similar to Satanism or something like that, but guys, you could advise me, how to gain even small amount of followers ;)

Rayvennox

Welcome to the site.

You mean, you would like to know something about denomination I started?, in that case, write to me in the private message

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Well. If you were to ask me, I'd recommend studying some grammar so that people will look at you as a learned person and respect your position. Five lines with eleven commas and one period sounds like you're trying to win a dare not ask a question.

Also the missing question marks doesn't help.
I have learned that grammar is not easy.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
At my last place we were in an overlapping Mormon and JW territory so we got church fliers AND two sets of door to door folks.
Few years ago I encountered these 2 mormon missionaries. They were asking me if I wanted to learn about jesus lol. I should have wore the Sigil of Baphomet pendant at that time lol.

I think its good that you feel the desire to do this.
The best thing you can do is help people and behave how they all should behave. Let them know what you're doing and how you feel.