• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Government Shut-Down...Let The Finger Pointing Begin

Whom do you blame?

• Total voters

idav

Being
Premium Member
I do not think blame is the right word. Unless some Republicans had not voted against their own party the shut down vote result would be impossible.
The fact they couldn’t get complete republican consensus is a serious sign of issues with the bill proposal and issues with their uncompromising leader. They needed 60 votes to pass it.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I voted both. Because the Democrats would vote against anything Trump proposes. If Trump wanted to open all borders, suspend all wars, and kick white supremacist out of the country. The Dems would still not support him!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I voted both. Because the Democrats would vote against anything Trump proposes. If Trump wanted to open all borders, suspend all wars, and kick white supremacist out of the country. The Dems would still not support him!
Karma's a b***h since the Republicans did just exactly the same thing when President Obama was in office. Democrats are giving the R's a taste of their own medicine.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Karma's a b***h since the Republicans did just exactly the same thing when President Obama was in office. Democrats are giving the R's a taste of their own medicine.

If you say so. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind though. Apocalypse here we come baby!

suncowiam

How about if Trump supported Obamacare or DACA or net neutrality or the Paris Agreement? Do you think the Democrats will finally agree with him?

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Republicans, though not all of them. I don't want to be unfair, when the case is only those Republicans that are Trump's loyalists in the Senate kept any bi-partisan measures from going forward. It's been twice now in the last two days, where 45's loyalist Senators say HIS way or NO way.

I blame 45 most of all, obviously. He has his loyalists in Congress. I don't know if I've seen such blatant corruption in recent memory.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
As far as I know it takes two to tango, so the blame must be shared by both. Maybe they need to talk to each other instead of at each other. Just an idea...

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
@YmirGF they were talking with each other to my understanding. Schumer even agreed to have the wall funded. A bi-partisan agreement was being reached- then Trump loyalists in the Senate said no. Even Jeff Flake (R- Arizona) reports this is what happened. It wasn't a failure in communication.

45 is responsible. I'm not sure why things like this still surprise people. He is unfit. He can't frame a coherent sentence. He can't clearly convey an idea. All he does is cause strife and discord. He empowered racists and all kinds of nastiness to come out of the woodwork, because he still got elected in spite of the Hitler-esque rallies he held.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I blame Democrats all the way for not dropping the DACA issue. They are illegals and should be treated as such, they hold no sympathy for me. But I am happy there is a government shutdown in the horizon as it ensure low government spending :D.

So I am happy it is at a halt now and I need not worry about it for a few days.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
DACA had nothing to do with the shutdown as a deal could have been reached. The shut down is on 45 and his Senate plants, which by the way is plain corruption to the core. The Executive Branch is trying to control the Legislative Branch now. We've seen some of the wackiest stuff ever under the 45 regime. This isn't how this works!

Last edited:

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I'm glad McConnell and Schumer are both telling 45 no, even if it keeps the government shut down. The president doesn't lord over the legislative branch. Donald was not elected emperor. Is that what his supporters want seriously? THAT man to be emperor!? Don't tell me about patriotism ever again then. This is a democracy.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As far as I know it takes two to tango, so the blame must be shared by both. Maybe they need to talk to each other instead of at each other. Just an idea...
Too busy demonizing & hating each other, eh.

I'm looking to see if there will be shut-down differences compared with Obama.
When he endured one, his administration spent extra money to annoy the
taxpayers, eg, hiring cops to prevent any drivers from stopping to see Mt
Rushmore. Will Trump be as nasty as his predecessor? He's certainly capable.