• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Government Shut-Down...Let The Finger Pointing Begin

Whom do you blame?

• Total voters

idav

Being
Premium Member
I blame Democrats all the way for not dropping the DACA issue. They are illegals and should be treated as such, they hold no sympathy for me. But I am happy there is a government shutdown in the horizon as it ensure low government spending :D.

So I am happy it is at a halt now and I need not worry about it for a few days.
That’s nice when children have no control over what their parents do and now the majority have been contributing to society for many decades. But “sure thanks for your taxes now get out” is pretty callous, just like not caring if hundreds of thousands of workers don’t get paid. We are taking about people just trying to live.

The truth is the Senate is doing what the American people want, at least those of us who have a heart, this a gridlock, even the rich does not want this, those like Mark Zuckerburg have been calling the gubment telling them for months to get their act together. DACA has the support of 83 percent of Americans this is not a bipartisan issue. I know the current regime are a-holes but this is ridiculous. You think Trump can sue people, just wait.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thom...e-americans-want-congress-and-trump-to-fix-it

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's not tricky.
That's trumpy.
You simply created a set of options that didn't include the reality of the situation. Just like Trump tends to do.
Tom
Reality is so different for so many.
But in a thread I create, I will make the puppets dance to my tune, Kermit.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The really sad thing is that the members of Congress continue to get paid. If their pay was stopped, we would see a very fast solution to the shutdown.
The real paycheck for Congress Critters doesn't come from the government. They get paid by their corporate sponsors, quietly and off camera. Mostly after they are out of office, and able to accept zillion dollar fees for speeches and board positions as private citizens.
Then they don't have to explain anything to anyone.
Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Solely Donald Trump. He claims to be a great deal maker and has only broken all the deals made in congress. He can not get the Republican party to agree to a long term budget so must rely on deals with the democrats for the short term and now he has stepped on a bipartisan agreement for the sake of his core voter's. I solely blame Donald Trump but will take out my frustrations on the Republicans because they can make a stand against him.
So comes the typical crybaby Democrat response. As in the majority of government shutdowns.

"I'm going to hold my breath till I'm blue in the face. That will teach you a lesson"!

idav

Being
Premium Member
If a pig farts and suddenly erupts in a ball of fire people on twitter and the internet would be blaming Trump.
What I thought Trump was a Twitter master with hoards of followers!? It sure is not from his lack of trying to place blame solely on them dems.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If a pig farts and suddenly erupts in a ball of fire people on twitter and the internet would be blaming Trump.
You might have to quote this post to see the pic.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No it isn't. Reality is what doesn't change, regardless of what people believe.
Hah!
Our senses & our interpretation of the inputs are so imperfect
& subject to preconceptions.
But you, unlike the rest of us, are above all that, eh?

It was only a couple decades ago that the "reality" was that
the existence of gays who wanted to marry made God cry.
Reality is a useful concept, but one shouldn't get over-confident
& overly certain about it. It could change for you.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
So comes the typical crybaby Democrat response. As in the majority of government shutdowns.

"I'm going to hold my breath till I'm blue in the face. That will teach you a lesson"!

I'm an independent, I voted for Gary Johnson.

idav

Being
Premium Member
In any experiment, one can examine some variables independent of others.
I looked at party affiliation.
That’s fine but you know how people get when there is not an other option. Polls are tricky like that as you mentioned.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Hah!
Our senses & our interpretation of the inputs are so imperfect
& subject to preconceptions.
But you, unlike the rest of us, are above all that, eh?
How Trumpy.
No, I just do my best to base my beliefs on evidence, when there is evidence to be had.
Lots of people do that. It's probably why the USA electorate voted against Trump. Because the evidence about the kind of President he was likely to be was easily available.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How Trumpy.
No, I just do my best to base my beliefs on evidence, when there is evidence to be had.
Lots of people do that. It's probably why the USA electorate voted against Trump. Because the evidence about the kind of President he was likely to be was easily available.
Tom
Evidence about all candidates was there to be seen.
But reasonable people will differ in evaluating it. You
liked Hillary, while I saw her as the greater danger.

You might take an anti-Trump stance in all matters,
firmly believing that you have The Truth. But I don't
see things as being so simple.....there's some good,
& some bad in his policy agendas. So I've offered
both criticism & praise for things, eg, tax reform.