• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's plan is World Peace.

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
God is Love and Love is World Peace. Here is a video that shows why Jesus died and where is World Peace in the Bible.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
God is Love and Love is World Peace. Here is a video that shows why Jesus died and where is World Peace in the Bible.

Wow, for someone who is promoting peace, you're sure going about it in an odd way! And who on earth was the creepy-voiced narrator of this video? I was curious to listen to it, but he gave me the heebie jeebies and I only got about 6 minutes into it before I had to turn it off.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
There's two ways world peace can happen. The lion lays down with the lamb, or the lion eats all the lambs. This guy seems to think Jesus will have the lions eat all the lambs, but that isn't right at all.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
If the lamb lies down with the lion the lamb won't get much sleep.
About world peace?
I wouldn't hold your breath.

jeager106

Premium Member
Frankly I'd rather eat lamb but I've not yet tried lion
and doubt I will anytime soon.

allfoak

Alchemist
This person has been around since 2010 with only 141 posts, i suspect they are not here to chat. :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Peace does not have religious favoritism.

I see peace as resect and love for everyones expression of truth. Peace, I see we dont see to bring people to our faith but to take interest in others and help strengthen them in theirs.

From personal experience with a long known catholic friend. I still supported her even though I dont agree with catholic/christian morals. Peace goes beyond that.

That is how I see peace.

What about you guys?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If the lamb lies down with the lion the lamb won't get much sleep.
About world peace?
I wouldn't hold your breath.
That's after the complete destruction of the earth by fire. So whether it be lion or lamb lying down, it's going to be well done.

allfoak

Alchemist
Peace does not have religious favoritism.

I see peace as resect and love for everyones expression of truth. Peace, I see we dont see to bring people to our faith but to take interest in others and help strengthen them in theirs.

From personal experience with a long known catholic friend. I still supported her even though I dont agree with catholic/christian morals. Peace goes beyond that.

That is how I see peace.

What about you guys?

Peace is something we find, not something we fight for.

7881b0d87bfa00d6e1df1c3e9c649148.jpg

jeager106

Premium Member
That's after the complete destruction of the earth by fire. So whether it be lion or lamb lying down, it's going to be well done.

Well the earth being destroyed by fire is a subject of centuries of debate.
I've been hobby studying this Christian religion thing for over 25 years
and do NOT subscribe to the notion that God created all this just to
burn it up.
Seems like throwing in the towel like a ticked off little child.
"If they won't behave I'll huff and puff and burn that house down."
Rather I believe a cleansing and a new heavens and earth as in
cleaning, purging, and making new again.
Very debatable and we shouldn't go there unless on a specific thread
for that topic.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

To me, since Ecclesiastes 1:4 B says the Earth abides forever, then the 'destruction by fire' is symbolic.
As 2 Peter 3:9 gives us two (2) choices to either to 'repent' or 'perish' (be destroyed) then it is the world of wicked people who will be destroyed. The wicked destroyed forever according to Psalms 92:7. Not the literal Earth.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth does Not destroy Earth but the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16
That takes place before the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins.
Then, mankind will be at peace with animal kind ( lion and lamb )- Isaiah 11:6-9; Isaiah 35

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Sometimes peace is only found on the other side of war. :shrug:

Peace 'on the other side of war' would include peace after the last war to ever be fought called Armageddon.
That final war is Not fought by humans, but by Jesus with angelic armies - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of all war mongers.
The wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; Proverbs 2:21-22; Psalms 37:10-11
Then, to me, Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
To me, since Ecclesiastes 1:4 B says the Earth abides forever, then the 'destruction by fire' is symbolic.
As 2 Peter 3:9 gives us two (2) choices to either to 'repent' or 'perish' (be destroyed) then it is the world of wicked people who will be destroyed. The wicked destroyed forever according to Psalms 92:7. Not the literal Earth.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth does Not destroy Earth but the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16
That takes place before the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins.
Then, mankind will be at peace with animal kind ( lion and lamb )- Isaiah 11:6-9; Isaiah 35
Didn't you pay attention to the "destruction by fire" discussion truce called by the thread author?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Peace is something we find, not something we fight for.
]

To me, fighting does Not have to mean literal physical, but spiritual in the sense that we can put on spiritual armor as described at Ephesians 6:11-17
The weapons of spiritual warfare or fighting are Not carnal fleshly weapons - 2 Corinthians 10:4