• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's plan is World Peace.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Wow, what a picture you paint : ' Vikings to stop pillaging '
As the Earth was full of ' violence ' (pillaging) in Noah's day - Genesis 6:11
Jesus said before the start of his 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth beings, the days would be like the day's of Noah - Matthew 24:37 - that means lots of violence.
Since the Vikings would Not stop, and the people of Noah's day would Not stop, then they need to be stopped.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will do the stopping for us - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16
That would suggest there were periods of peace since the narrative as in Noah's day suggests there is a contrast that can be made. Thing is, what periods were not as violent on a world scale by which such comparisons are made?

I don't see the world condition as being any better or worse overall throughout history.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The reason Christians have missed the Second Coming is because they didn't watch. The first reaction on news of His return should be where? Who? I want to know? Instead, without even one question self assumption dismisses it completely without any investigation whatsoever. This is what Christ warned about.

A true sincere Christian should be eager for any news of His return and never be prepared to dismiss claims lightly without full investigation but most Christians just treat the topic as if they already know and they just couldn't possibly miss it.

And yet they have.

Matthew 24:48-51

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That would suggest there were periods of peace since the narrative as in Noah's day suggests there is a contrast that can be made. Thing is, what periods were not as violent on a world scale by which such comparisons are made?
I don't see the world condition as being any better or worse overall throughout history.

I think that you are far from being alone in your above thinking. Many respond in the same way.
In the history mix today, what is often Not taken into account is the proclaiming about God's kingdom government now being done on a global international scale among all the violence and immorality as never seen before in history.
This is being done world wide today in fulfillment of Jesus' recorded words at Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
Before in history mankind did Not have the nuclear power to destroy himself off the face of the Earth as he now can.