• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Attitude Toward Homosexuality

sealchan

According to many Christians god doesn't condemn romantic attraction or sexual attraction between members of the same sex; however, physically acting on that attraction is a huge No-no, even an abomination worthy of the death penalty.

So just what is it about touching pee pees that is so much worse than simply wanting to? What are the inherent underpinnings of this physical transgression that sets it apart from the attraction itself and make it worthy of such severe condemnation?

Physically expressing homosexual attraction is far worse than just than just the attraction because_______________fill in the blank______________ (and no "because the Bible tells me so" kinds of answers please).

Well, of course, for many the Bible simply justfies their own taught fear and hatred. Which came first the teaching or the fear?

Certainly human sexuality is a sensitive and personal topic. I suspect that there is social power (aka politics) behind this belief Jewish Testament statement against homosexuality and possibly Paul's fear of his own sexuality in the New Testament statement.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
According to many Christians god doesn't condemn romantic attraction or sexual attraction between members of the same sex; however, physically acting on that attraction is a huge No-no, even an abomination worthy of the death penalty.

So just what is it about touching pee pees that is so much worse than simply wanting to? What are the inherent underpinnings of this physical transgression that sets it apart from the attraction itself and make it worthy of such severe condemnation?

Physically expressing homosexual attraction is far worse than just than just the attraction because_______________fill in the blank______________ (and no "because the Bible tells me so" kinds of answers please).

Skwim,

DON'T post "God's..." as your subject matter, rather, post, "the Christian God's..." since that is the nonexistent God you hate above all others. This post was anti-Christian clickbait from you, AGAIN.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Skwim,

DON'T post "God's..." as your subject matter, rather, post, "the Christian God's..." since that is the nonexistent God you hate above all others. This post was anti-Christian clickbait from you, AGAIN.
:p I'll post whatever I wish. :D And if you can't divine the god I'm speaking about from reading the text of my post then perhaps someone here will help you out.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Then again, maybe they wont. ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
:p I'll post whatever I wish. :D And if you can't divine the god I'm speaking about from reading the text of my post then perhaps someone here will help you out.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Then again, maybe they wont. ;)

Jesus as god?
God creator deity?
God creator spirit?
God of eucharist

God of Jews
God of bahai

God of the bible is a deity
God of christians is human

So when you talk about god, its too vague. Thats probably why many believers don't answer. You all post about only one type of god when there are many based on what each abrahamic religious text one is referring to.

Is definitely not Christian because to talk about what god does Christ needs to be involved. Unless you're referring to god of JW. I dont know if they believe god is a deity, spirit, or force of some type.

If believers can't define it, how can nonbelievers talk about it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
So when you talk about god, its too vague. Thats probably why many believers don't answer.
How can it be vague when we ("you all") post about only one god? Is there another god of Christianity besides the god of Abraham?

You all post about only one type of god when there are many based on what each abrahamic religious text one is referring to.
I assume you consider each of the gods you've listed to be distinct beings from one another. A rather strange notion don't you think?

Is definitely not Christian because to talk about what god does Christ needs to be involved.
So when we talk about how god sent the great flood how do you expect Jesus to be brought into the story? How about when he created A&E? Where does Jesus fit in?

If believers can't define it, how can nonbelievers talk about it.
I believe they have, and in great, although sometimes contradictory, detail. Do you not remember any of it?

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member

Coz he's gotta disingenuous walk, a disingenuous talk

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How can it be vague when we ("you all") post about only one god? Is there another god of Christianity besides the god of Abraham?

Because god is vague. One persons god is a deity. One is a spirit (say jesus spirit or a force-spirit). Incarnation. Love personificed. Gotta read between the lines.

I assume you consider each of the gods you've listed to be distinct beings from one another. A rather strange notion don't you think?

Yes. Reading between the lines can show you about how people define gods in relation to their own interpretation of scripture. Its based on interpretation-nonbelievers included. If non-believers had the right version of god, that would have solved believers problems yeras ago.

So when we talk about how god sent the great flood how do you expect Jesus to be brought into the story? How about when he created A&E? Where does Jesus fit in?

Thats the issue. Christians believe jesus is an incarnation of god. So when you talk about christian god, you talk about jesus not a deity in and of itself. To understand god, you have to understand jesus in relation to god or youre speaking of a different god.

I believe they have, and in great, although sometimes contradictory, detail. Do you not remember any of it?

Actually, I dont. Its always: god is greater than I-we cant find gods naure-he is a mystery (or great mystery)-he is an essense-he is incarnated flesh because we dont know the real god without his prophet, manifestation, or incarnation.

Can you explain the nature of god?

The bible could be a deity, a spirit (love or intimate force connecting the person and god), a force (god went over the waters), could mean any number of things.

If youre going by christians, thats up for grabs.

Believers cant answer this question only explain its attributes; maybe you can:

whats the nature of god?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Skwim,

lol...
It sounds like the trial to Socrates. He was not supposed to ask Athenians uncomfortable questions

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It also says you have to sacrifice animals to atone for your sins, but apparently since that part is optional I'd guess this one is too. :D
This is one of the big misunderstandings people have about Judaism during the Temple periods and the Tabernacle. First of all, the sin offerings were only for unintentional sins. What did one do for intentional sins? We have the story of David and Nathan. Nathan confronts David, and David confesses his sin. What does Nathan say next? Does he say, Quick David, go to the temple and make a sacrifice? Nope. He says, God has forgiven your sins. As David writes in Psalm 50, "My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise."

Mindmaster

Premium Member
This is one of the big misunderstandings people have about Judaism during the Temple periods and the Tabernacle. First of all, the sin offerings were only for unintentional sins. What did one do for intentional sins? We have the story of David and Nathan. Nathan confronts David, and David confesses his sin. What does Nathan say next? Does he say, Quick David, go to the temple and make a sacrifice? Nope. He says, God has forgiven your sins. As David writes in Psalm 50, "My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise."

I'm not aware of how a sin can be unintentional... Accidentally sleep with the neighbors wife? :D

Ellen Brown

Because of this thread, I have discovered that I am very much against Homosexuality, not open minded at all, not one bit. In the past I've resisted judging the conduct because I felt there was some sort of Genetic reason, but so far, no proof has surfaced. I was doing an internet search and the information concluded that all animals can and some do engage in homosexual conduct. I grew up on a farm and did not see it. I still feel that it is not my place to judge anyone. In the future, because of the conduct of some people on a present thread about it, I'll likely just block them. If you want to be homosexual, that is your business but I do not want it pushed in my face.

Then came the statements about God being Jesus and the writer did not appear to know that there are a number of views on this. Go your way in peace, I'm done.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I'm not aware of how a sin can be unintentional... Accidentally sleep with the neighbors wife? :D
I was Orthodox for a while, and there was a Friday afternoon that I didn't make it home in time for candle lighting, and was stuck driving on the Shabbat (using a combustion engine aka kindling a flame) all because there had been a major accident on the freeway.

Another time, I had gone all night without sleep. I wasn't thinking right. I heated up cream of wheat in the meat pan, and then ate it. That would qualify as accidental also, violating not cooking a kid in its mother's milk.

And yes there have been cases where siblings separated at birth meet and marry and find out later that they are brother and sister. Surely unintentional incest.

If you read Leviticus 11, it gives one example after another of unintentional sins for which sin offerings are required.