• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Attitude Toward Homosexuality

Skwim

Veteran Member
According to many Christians god doesn't condemn romantic attraction or sexual attraction between members of the same sex; however, physically acting on that attraction is a huge No-no, even an abomination worthy of the death penalty.

So just what is it about touching pee pees that is so much worse than simply wanting to? What are the inherent underpinnings of this physical transgression that sets it apart from the attraction itself and make it worthy of such severe condemnation?

Physically expressing homosexual attraction is far worse than just than just the attraction because_______________fill in the blank______________ (and no "because the Bible tells me so" kinds of answers please).

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
According to many Christians god doesn't condemn romantic attraction or sexual attraction between members of the same sex; however, physically acting on that attraction is a huge No-no, even an abomination worthy of the death penalty.

So just what is it about touching pee pees that is so much worse than simply wanting to? What are the inherent underpinnings of this physical transgression that sets it apart from the attraction itself and make it worthy of such severe condemnation?

Physically expressing homosexual attraction is far worse than just than just the attraction because_______________fill in the blank______________ (and no "because the Bible tells me so" kinds of answers please).

Really?

Ellen Brown

Leviticus 18:6,“You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female. It is an abomination. That is plain and straightforward.

However, it also says in the Bible to stop judging one another, and I am most certainly no judge of anyone. I have a theory that those who rant the most about the issue could perhaps be in denial about their own evil bents. The Bible and other documents were given so we could manage our own lives, not the lives of others. I have seen sexual predators, and been the victim of them. May God have mercy on us all.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Church organists are almost all gay, I know several!!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Leviticus 18:6,“You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female. It is an abomination. That is plain and straightforward.

lol...he had even underlined : no bible

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
An Italian Catholic priest interviewed by a local TV said once: "actually people don't choose their sexuality and God wants people to be happy, regardless of their sexuality, by having healthy monogamous relationships. However, the Church officially has to encourage procreation and traditional family, and disapproving of alternatives"

Ellen Brown

If you are going to mention "Christians" and then say,"No Bible" to me that is a violation of any Christian's rights.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
On the other hand if you're going to quote Leviticus, you have to defend all the other outrageous stuff it says in Leviticus, like having to marry your rapist, the right to keep slaves etc etc

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

On the other hand if you're going to quote Leviticus, you have to defend all the other outrageous stuff it says in Leviticus, like having to marry your rapist, the right to keep slaves etc etc

I've got a .38 spl that should end that talk now days. Certain Muslims still do it. Gah !!!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Because "people BELIEVE there is a difference between thought, word and deed"

Skwim

Veteran Member
If you are going to mention "Christians" and then say,"No Bible" to me that is a violation of any Christian's rights.
Well, you do have the right to not participate. :shrug:

Because "people BELIEVE there is a difference between thought, word and deed"

animated-eye-image-0116.gif

Mindmaster

Premium Member

It also says you have to sacrifice animals to atone for your sins, but apparently since that part is optional I'd guess this one is too. :D

stvdv

Leviticus 18:6,“You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female.

It also says you have to sacrifice animals to atone for your sins, but apparently since that part is optional I'd guess this one is too. :D

Leviticus just gives "sex education". It explains the "sexual position" (you shall not lie with a male AS one lies with a female). Should NOT be judgmental as Bible/Jesus states "judge not"

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Leviticus just gives "sex education". It explains the "sexual position" (you shall not lie with a male AS one lies with a female). Should NOT be judgmental as Bible/Jesus states "judge not"

Ok, so no doggie and no missionary. Everything thing else is up for grabs? :D

stvdv

Ok, so no doggie and no missionary. Everything thing else is up for grabs? :D
Yes. You catch up fast;). Plenty left over. Now they have internet, at the time of Jesus they had the Bible. In India it is also part of the Scriptures. Same God, similar script:D

Last edited:

Jumi

For the literalist, it's an interesting proposition. It's physically impossible for man to lie with another man as they do with a woman. So they're going to what... fudge it a bit since it's not literally possible.