• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Balsamous

People believe or not as they will. Whether they desserve to believe is not a matter of practical consideration.

For that matter, neither is whether there is a creator God of any kind, but it seems to motivate many people anyway.
yup, exactly what i believe

Balsamous

Your idea makes some sense if you're only looking at the Abrahamic religions, but it certainly doesn't work for every religion. For example, Buddhism is not about worshiping some god or creator. I'm Buddhist and do not hold the belief that there is a single point in time when the world was created and it was created by some god.
Yes, am mainly talking about the Abrahamic religions

Balsamous

In my opinion, each person deserves to believe in a specific God 'of his religion' to have a higher power to cling to in misfortunes, and there's no God of any religion. What do you think? Is it the God of our religion we must believe in? Or a creator that didn't ask for any praise and has no religion?
We believe in the One True God, that did create everything, and deserves all the praise and glory that we can give Him! I might add that He also holds all of His creation in the palm of His hand and sustains each of us every single day. He deserves all of the Glory and Praise that we can give Him. This is the God of the Holy Scriptures.

ronandcarol
well, that's from your religion's perspective for sure

Balsamous

We only need to believe in ourselves, we don't need to believe in things not seen or not proved to exist, this is where all the fighting over who's beliefs are right or wrong. We only need to wake up and see the world as one, we need to see each other as one species called humans, not as separate cultures and skin colour, or geographic separation, why do we need a god for that ?. Yes as a species we need to grow up and mature, for this will be our last evolutionary climb where we all can truly live together without religion separating us from each other, it has done its job and now its time to let it all go, until then we will continue to suffer.
i'm definitely against religions, and I myself don't believe in one. But a just giving the opinion of the existence of a creator and not a God who wants us to worship him.

Balsamous

There is only one Creator.
The Creator shouldn't have left people without information about creation, himself, mission, and laws.
There should be only one true religion that is from the Creator.
True that most of people will go to hell as they didn't believe in true Creator and didn't obey his laws
But what are his laws if he didn't clearly inform us about the 'one true' religion

Balsamous

But what of people who believe in God, but don't feel he/she is a creator?
Definition of God: the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being. the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

Limo

But what are his laws if he didn't clearly inform us about the 'one true' religion

He did inform us about his truth, creation, objectives, and Laws.
He has sent prophets/messengers but unfortunately most of the main messages are either lost or distorted/changed.

His true message should've evidences that it's from the Creator only and in the same time is untouched. It should be as is since messenger's time without change.
The signs should be scientific facts discovered later after messenger's time and he can't discover it himself and were not known in his era. Also, the message shouldn't contain any contradicted info with proofed science or history.

Balsamous

He did inform us about his truth, creation, objectives, and Laws.
He has sent prophets/messengers but unfortunately most of the main messages are either lost or distorted/changed.

His true message should've evidences that it's from the Creator only and in the same time is untouched. It should be as is since messenger's time without change.
The signs should be scientific facts discovered later after messenger's time and he can't discover it himself and were not known in his era. Also, the message shouldn't contain any contradicted info with proofed science or history.
'God' knows everything that happened and will happen, so if that's true then he knew that we will receive the 'truth' in a lost distorted way right? He would've made us receive it in a clear obvious way right?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Definition of God: the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being. the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
That might be your definition, but it isn't mine. Sorry. Not everyone agrees on God, much like the blind man and the elephant fable.

Limo

'God' knows everything that happened and will happen, so if that's true then he knew that we will receive the 'truth' in a lost distorted way right? He would've made us receive it in a clear obvious way right?
Yes, He know what would happen before creation of universe and humans.
So, he sent the last and true book to tell us about what we need to know, about what had happened, about what will happen, and some evidences that he's the Creator and this is his book.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Definition of god is object or person of worship.

The characteristics of god(s) depends on the religion.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
http://www.squarecircles.com/books/pdf/UrantiaUnited.pdf Free Urantia United Book

If the medieval practices and the medieval beliefs of Christianity, Judaism and Islam that are based on superstitions were eliminated, then we could start building a rational and logical belief system that is based on truth and an understanding of spirituality. The goals of ALL religions are the same; a deserved, appropriate, just finale. It is of no importance during our physical life whether God exists or not if one so chooses. Whether or not one believes in a spirit or God really makes no difference to God. Righteous living will determine the continuance and destiny of our spirit/soul.

Welcome to deism, founded ~300 years ago.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Definition of god is object or person of worship.

The characteristics of god(s) depends on the religion.

Perhaps from a trascendent perspective. I personally view the divine as immanent and while revered, there is no need for worship. Therefore, my view of god does not conform to this definition.

Balsamous

Yes, He know what would happen before creation of universe and humans.
So, he sent the last and true book to tell us about what we need to know, about what had happened, about what will happen, and some evidences that he's the Creator and this is his book.
Then why is there the bible the quran, and many different books teaching different religions

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
In my opinion, each person deserves to believe in a specific God 'of his religion' to have a higher power to cling to in misfortunes, and there's no God of any religion. Just a creator. If there's one correct religion then more than 90% of people are going to hell. And God in all/most religions is merciful. What do you think? Is it the God of our religion we must believe in? Or a creator that didn't ask for any praise and has no religion?

The God of religion is Man's idea of a God and the proof is what you see ! Libya, Iraq - twice, Syria and Yemen are brutal examples of the God of Man. Fits in nicely with the jealous God of the Old Testament.

Beliefs are suffocating and a distraction, this I found out through my own experience. A freer soul is the result of dropping beliefs, but some souls need to belong to a religion as a kind of safety net.

All of the beings on this planet are a physical manifestion of what people refer to as God. Mother Earth has been brutally treated by our species, She has a soul. She also needs Love. We are raping and pillaging our collective Mother. We are reeling in the end of Life at a frightening rate.

Truly a Miracle is urgently needed.

Peace & Love to you All.