• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is everywhere; is God in Hell?

Muffled

Jesus in me
And I know this: you and I have irreconcilable differences, and you have no meaningful, intelligible concept of God.

I believe God is with me all the time now so you have completely misread me. I am willing to discuss the difference. Since you claim intelligence then you should be able to provide a reasonable defense of what you believe.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Neither heaven nor hell are places. They are states of being. One cannot be separate from God, for we are all in God. However, one can "close one's eyes" and ignore God, thus "shutting oneself out."

I believe you have no basis for your statements.

Terry Sampson

Since you claim intelligence then you should be able to provide a reasonable defense of what you believe.
I might be able to provide what I believe is a reasonable defense of what I believe, the big question that I can't answer is "Are you reasonable enough to understand my defense whether or not you're willing to believe it yourself?"

Bird123

In Scripture, I find Adam could have remained in his physical body as long as he did Not break God's Law.
To me the lesson learned is: ' break God's Law ' (sin) and you die '.
Die out of existence unless having the future resurrection hope as mentioned at Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

According to Revelation 7:9 there will be a great crowd of people who will be ' saved/delivered/rescued ' through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14.

There is ' conditional ' love because the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' according to Psalm 92:7.- 2 Peter 3:9.

We are Spiritual beings in our true natures. The physical body is not who we really are. I have direct experience to this.

Your holy book reflects mankind. These are stories you believe so hard in. It's not the Truth. The Truth will be better. God isn't your monster described in that holy book. God is Unconditional Love. It's mankind who wants conditions and control.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

Good point that 'Eternity has purpose'.
I find God purposed for Earth to be filled with people. (Not over filled or over populated - Genesis 1:28)
Those called to Heaven have two (2) jobs (work) to do according to Revelation 5:9-10.
They are to be both kings and priests under Christ.
They are to serve mankind living on Earth as governing kings taking care of governmental responsibilities.
They are to serve mankind living on Earth by taking care of spiritual duties towards people living on Earth.
Towards the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11.

Eternity has purpose. That purpose is not to fill the Earth.

Seems you just must hang onto the ruling nature of mankind. Just listen to you: Kings, priests and governmental responsibilities???

One day you will Discover God has a much better system than your mankind imagined ways. Everyone is equal.

Prim969

Well, is he? For those who believe in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God and believe in Hell, especially a literal one, is God there? I don't think it matters if Hell is literal or figurative. It's a place where condemned and punished souls are sent by God. Even if Hell is separation from God, where do the souls go? Is God not there also. Please explain the seeming paradox to me. How can an omnipotent and omnipresent God not be somewhere. To me, that negates God’s omni-everything. So, given that God is everywhere, as we were taught by Sister Mary Discipline of the Sisters of No Mercy, is God in Hell along with the tortured souls he sentenced there? Does he exist there?
Jaimarayan if God is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient than he surely must oversee all things including hell. I really can’t see that being problematic. But is hell really the final abode of the dead ? For Revelations 20:14 does tell us that death and hell are cast into the lake of fire along with whosoever was not found in the book of life. Whether that is eternal, temporary or the cessation of all existence is for God to decide.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm not going to argue with you on Christian in-fighting. Let's just say that Jews weren't the ones who invented the word "purgatory". We're okay with our word "Gehinnom". That says something about some denominations of Christianity.
Rather, to me it says something about the denominations of ' Christendom ' (So-called Christian but mostly in name only)
I like how faithful man Job looked at being 'hidden' in the grave (biblical hell/pit) and Not being anywhere else.
- Job 14:13-15 (' the fixed or appointed time ' meaning in the grave until Resurrection Day ).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Eternity has purpose. That purpose is not to fill the Earth.
Seems you just must hang onto the ruling nature of mankind. Just listen to you: Kings, priests and governmental responsibilities???
One day you will Discover God has a much better system than your mankind imagined ways. Everyone is equal.

Yes, the God of the Bible has a much better system than mankind can imagine.
This is because God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is the much better governmental system.
Better to the point of being the BEST system.
There will be equal good health for everyone on Earth as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
There will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2.
This is because Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham:
ALL families of Earth will be blessed -Genesis 12:3
ALL nations of Earth will be blessed - Genesis 22:18
Blessed with the benefit of 'healing' to the point that -> No resident will say, " I am sick..." - Isaiah 33:24
Even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jaimarayan if God is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient than he surely must oversee all things including hell. I really can’t see that being problematic. But is hell really the final abode of the dead ? For Revelations 20:14 does tell us that death and hell are cast into the lake of fire along with whosoever was not found in the book of life. Whether that is eternal, temporary or the cessation of all existence is for God to decide.
I find nothing to oversee in biblical hell because biblical hell is just mankind's temporary grave for the sleeping dead.
This is why Jesus and the OT teach 'sleep in death'- John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, while dead Jesus was in biblical hell (grave) he was in an unconscious sleep-like state - Acts of the Apostles 2:27
God has already decided that things are eternal for both the righteous and the wicked:
Eternal life for the righteous ( some to live forever in Heaven and the majority to live forever on Earth )
Eternal destruction for the wicked, or as Psalms 92:7 says that the wicked will be ' destroyed forever '.
We are given the choice to ' repent ' if we do Not want to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2 Peter 3:9.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Rather, to me it says something about the denominations of ' Christendom ' (So-called Christian but mostly in name only)
Sure, whatever. Like I said, you Christians keep your inter-Christian arguments to yourself. I'll stick with Judaism, thanks.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
....any thoughts about the fulfillment of Isaiah 35th chapter _____________________________
Yes. The last verse is a popular Israeli Independence Day & Jerusalem Day song in Modern Orthodox circles.

Other than that, what does that have to do with the subject of the thread, which is "Is God in hell"?

Bird123

Yes, the God of the Bible has a much better system than mankind can imagine.
This is because God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is the much better governmental system.
Better to the point of being the BEST system.
There will be equal good health for everyone on Earth as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
There will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2.
This is because Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham:
ALL families of Earth will be blessed -Genesis 12:3
ALL nations of Earth will be blessed - Genesis 22:18
Blessed with the benefit of 'healing' to the point that -> No resident will say, " I am sick..." - Isaiah 33:24
Even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

The God of the bible is mankind's creation. It's not reality of the Real God. You can hope to fry the kids, however, what does that reflect about you?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Religion in order to gain followers tries to convince people something is wrong with them. Religion then claims to supply the fix, bringing in a Savior.

The problem is that Religion either does not care or does not Understand what is really going on with God, God's children and this world.

On the road to perfection, bad choices will be made in order to Understand all sides. There is nothing wrong with people. No Savior needed.

Religion tells people there is something wrong with them from birth. It is evil to try to convince people there is something wrong with them. Example: There was this lady. She was loving, kind and generous to everyone she met. She would give you the shirt off her back so to speak. Religion had this lady convinced she was going to Hell. It took several hours of talking before she realized the truth. Religion does hurt some people.

I suggest people quit looking for someone to save them. Instead, meet the problems in life head on, solve them. It is the only way to move forward.

The problems in life are too many for one person, or many persons, to solve.

YoursTrue

Would be ' forever ' rest if Not for the resurrection hope of Acts of the Apostles 24:15.
Yes, which is why I wonder why a religious person would think a loved one goes to his eternal rest. I am not going to try to answer for others though.
Resurrection Hope as in meaning the awakening on Resurrection Day which is Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth in righteousness for a thousand years.
Makes sense. The Bible speaks of a resurrection. Jesus also taught his disciples to pray for God's kingdom.

YoursTrue

Yes, on the other hand one must choose to do so. So often adversity points the direction to Discovery. It can create a need for action, just like you mention.

Every journey creates learning and advancement. Intelligence will make the best choices when one finally understands all sides.

WE are truly Living our Lessons!!
Some lessons are more painful than others to learn, and the memory of our mistakes and errors can last a lifetime until God erases these memories, which the Bible says He will. It's best to turn to God and learn what He wants us to learn as soon as possible.

YoursTrue

You do not understand. Adam and Eve is just a Story written by mankind.

God isn't about approval. God is Unconditional Love. This world isn't about God. It's about us.

In God's system each will Discover for themselves which are the best choices. There is no need to define good or evil. When one acquires true intelligence, intelligence will make the very best choices. God does not need to define right from wrong. Each will do that for themselves.

There is Real Genius behind God's system. The dynamics are amazing. You can never understand it until you overcome mankind's petty ideas of ruling and controlling. Mankind values so many petty things like Blaming, Judging,Hating,Punishing or Payback,Intimidating, Coercing and more. Can one really reach a Higher Level living these petty things??

The first thing God pointed out to me is that mankind carries such a narrow view. With that in mind, one must widen the view and Reach. Following and accepting will not get one there.

The best account I have seen is that which is preserved for mankind in the Bible. God says what He wants and we must decide if we will do His will. That is the only way to happiness.