• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is everywhere; is God in Hell?

Terry Sampson

Judaism people (Jesus was a Jew) and Quranic G-d's concept is not different.
Good. Now go ask the Jews if God is their Father and King. If they say "no", ask them when the last time was when they recited, sang, or heard the prayer "Avinu Malkeinu". If they can't remember or don't know what that is, tell them that a Christian told you to tell them "Go ask your Rabbi".

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

Good. Now go ask the Jews if God is their Father and King. If they say "no", ask them when the last time was when they recited, sang, or heard the prayer "Avinu Malkeinu". If they can't remember or don't know what that is, tell them that a Christian told you to tell them "Go ask your Rabbi".
Since Jesus (Jesus was a Rabbi of the Judaism people) and Mary were Jews, the difference of the Christian people is with Jesus and Mary and Moses and before that with Abraham, Noah and Adam. When one will even out one's difference with them, one will be surprised that one reaches close to Quranic concept of G-d. Right, please?

Regards

Bird123

Is it the religion of the Bible that does Not add up or religious-myth teaching about the Bible that does Not add up __
The English word 'hell' does appear in old translations such as the King James.
Biblical hell is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead until Resurrection Day.
( Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years )
This is why the ' future tense ' is being used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there 'is going to be' a resurrection....
So, what does Not add up is controlling false clergy false teachings about biblical hell.
Biblical hell the temporary grave for the sleeping dead - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Even the word cemetery means: sleeping place, Not burning place.

No one will be sleeping in any grave for any reason. There is simply so many better things to do.

Religion works on the emotional half. Let's not forget God has an intellectual half, as we do. THINK!! Are all these religious stories the act of True Intelligence??

If God can create universes, you got to know God came up with much better things than religion is teaching. Yes, it stares us in the face!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
paarsurrey said:

Since Jesus (Jesus was a Rabbi of the Judaism people) and Mary were Jews, the difference of the Christian people is with Jesus and Mary and Moses and before that with Abraham, Noah and Adam. When one will even out one's difference with them, one will be surprised that one reaches close to Quranic concept of G-d. Right, please?

Regards
Is the proper way to refer to Muslims, Islam people? Is the preferred way to refer to Muslims, Islam people?

If not, then why, when you’ve been asked to stop, do you still use the term Judaism people?

Terry Sampson

one will be surprised that one reaches close to Quranic concept of G-d
You and I are on two different paths on two different mountains. In order for us both to arrive at the top of the same mountain, one of us must go back down our mountain. My days are few and the top of my mountain is not far away. I am not going down my mountain in this world.

Well, is he? For those who believe in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God and believe in Hell, especially a literal one, is God there? I don't think it matters if Hell is literal or figurative. It's a place where condemned and punished souls are sent by God. Even if Hell is separation from God, where do the souls go? Is God not there also. Please explain the seeming paradox to me. How can an omnipotent and omnipresent God not be somewhere. To me, that negates God’s omni-everything. So, given that God is everywhere, as we were taught by Sister Mary Discipline of the Sisters of No Mercy, is God in Hell along with the tortured souls he sentenced there? Does he exist there?

If you've read the OT, you must know that an omnipresent God would be enjoying hell.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Well, is he? For those who believe in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God and believe in Hell, especially a literal one, is God there?
Yes. Albeit those within lack the beatific vision.

I don't think it matters if Hell is literal or figurative. It's a place where condemned and punished souls are sent by God. Even if Hell is separation from God, where do the souls go?
I don't think it is appropriate to think of Heaven and Hell as having 'locations' at least in the sense that earthly temporal places do. To be separated from God means that one is denied the vision of him granted to those in Heaven. One is never separated from God in an ontological sense as that would mean non-existence.

Please explain the seeming paradox to me. How can an omnipotent and omnipresent God not be somewhere. To me, that negates God’s omni-everything. So, given that God is everywhere, as we were taught by Sister Mary Discipline of the Sisters of No Mercy, is God in Hell along with the tortured souls he sentenced there? Does he exist there?
There is no paradox. God pervades all being. Damned or saved all exist but by God's will.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You and I are on two different paths on two different mountains. In order for us both to arrive at the top of the same mountain, one of us must go back down our mountain. My days are few and the top of my mountain is not far away. I am not going down my mountain in this world.
It was just a discussion that ensued in the topic. I know that you are a good, sincere and a learned human being. Be happy with whatever beliefs you have. May G-d bless you.
Regards

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
So, if space is nothing and the Cosmos is something, what is Allah?

An idol. Next question?

God is God, because the Jews repeatedly refused to bow to anything, Allah is not God because every day five times you will see Muslims sit and pray to a stone block carved with human hands. Refused even to let God's name become tarnished. Allah is not God because jihadists (nvm peaceful Muslims if jihadists already misused it) have already cheapened the name by violence ( "allahu akbar"), which btw is a direct name (despite Muslim claims that it means "the god" they won't typically use other language translations for it) rather than a reference name. Jews don't even use the reference name God for whatever God's true name is, they use a reference of a reference or simply have an audible silence when the name of God ought to be read. (To paraphrase Taoism, "the Name that can be named is not the eternal Name." )

I have been talking with many Jews, they are comfortable with G-d's name of Allah.
The Arabic-Christian Bible uses frequently the name Allah as God.

Right, please?

Wrong. And it is wrong to do so. These Jews are secular, or subjugated to Islam. It is nor okay for Jews to call their God by the name Allah, because it denotes dhimmi status to Islam. Yes, it technically translates as "the god" but the god is not OUR GOD, not if it's translated from another language. This would be like some Japanese cult saying that El Cantare (I'm thinking of a specific group) is the real name of God. Are any Christians going to admit this? No! They call God by the actual name they use.

The word proper Jews use is Elohim which means "God" (but it's the name they use, and when written in Arabic may read "Allah" but importantly it translates to "God"; that the word Allah doesn't translate makes it a name, and more importantly makes it a cult of racial superiority, which is not the way toward any sort of spiritual growth). What Arabic Bibles should do is write the word in Hebrew ( Elohim - Wikipedia ) to remind them that this word is not to be pronounced, or use the Lord ( https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the/arabic-word-for-0cb26e2242f1e2f5cbbc8204af141dee67d5fa79.html ) for their text.

As for your second statement, the concept is different. "Allah has no son", and they reject Trinity understanding it as polytheism.

The concept of Trinity doesn't come from thin air though. In Hebrew and Christian scripture, the Trinity is referenced even in the Old Testament, though Jews don't have a formalized Trinity theory.

The Trinity in the Old Testament • Jews for Jesus

The spirit of the Lord walks over the darkness during the creation.
The spirit of the Lord leaves King Saul, and he is possessed by an evil spirit.

Lady Wisdom is God personified (as a just woman). Just as God is personified later in Jesus.
This happens again when a "man" wrestles with Jacob, making him his name Israel (wrestles with God).
This happens still again when God and some angels visit Sodom and Gomorrah.

The Quran has no real equivalent, because it rejects all notions of Trinity. The Jews simply don't have a formalized belief in it. There is a difference between having no theology of something and rejecting belief in something.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
I have been talking with many Jews, they are comfortable with G-d's name of Allah.
The Arabic-Christian Bible uses frequently the name Allah as God.

Right, please?
Wrong. And it is wrong to do so. These Jews are secular, or subjugated to Islam. It is nor okay for Jews to call their God by the name Allah, because it denotes dhimmi status to Islam. Yes, it technically translates as "the god" but the god is not OUR GOD, not if it's translated from another language. This would be like some Japanese cult saying that El Cantare (I'm thinking of a specific group) is the real name of God. Are any Christians going to admit this? No! They call God by the actual name they use.

The word proper Jews use is Elohim which means "God" (but it's the name they use, and when written in Arabic may read "Allah" but importantly it translates to "God"; that the word Allah doesn't translate makes it a name, and more importantly makes it a cult of racial superiority, which is not the way toward any sort of spiritual growth). What Arabic Bibles should do is write the word in Hebrew ( Elohim - Wikipedia ) to remind them that this word is not to be pronounced, or use the Lord ( https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the/arabic-word-for-0cb26e2242f1e2f5cbbc8204af141dee67d5fa79.html ) for their text.

As for your second statement, the concept is different. "Allah has no son", and they reject Trinity understanding it as polytheism.

The concept of Trinity doesn't come from thin air though. In Hebrew and Christian scripture, the Trinity is referenced even in the Old Testament, though Jews don't have a formalized Trinity theory.

The Trinity in the Old Testament • Jews for Jesus

The spirit of the Lord walks over the darkness during the creation.
The spirit of the Lord leaves King Saul, and he is possessed by an evil spirit.

Lady Wisdom is God personified (as a just woman). Just as God is personified later in Jesus.
This happens again when a "man" wrestles with Jacob, making him his name Israel (wrestles with God).
This happens still again when God and some angels visit Sodom and Gomorrah.

The Quran has no real equivalent, because it rejects all notions of Trinity. The Jews simply don't have a formalized belief in it. There is a difference between having no theology of something and rejecting belief in something.
Muhammad did not invent the word "Allah", the Meccan-Arabs used it even before the birth of Muhammad. Muhammad's father's name was Abdullah meaning Servant of Allah. Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Terry Sampson said:
So, if space is nothing and the Cosmos is something, what is Allah?

An idol. Next question?

God is God, because the Jews repeatedly refused to bow to anything, Allah is not God because every day five times you will see Muslims sit and pray to a stone block carved with human hands. Refused even to let God's name become tarnished. Allah is not God because jihadists (nvm peaceful Muslims if jihadists already misused it) have already cheapened the name by violence ( "allahu akbar"), which btw is a direct name (despite Muslim claims that it means "the god" they won't typically use other language translations for it) rather than a reference name. Jews don't even use the reference name God for whatever God's true name is, they use a reference of a reference or simply have an audible silence when the name of God ought to be read. (To paraphrase Taoism, "the Name that can be named is not the eternal Name." )
"every day five times you will see Muslims sit and pray to a stone block carved with human hands."

This need to be corrected. No Muslims prays to the Hajr-e-Aswad or the Black Stone. It is not even mentioned in Quran. It serves as convenience to pilgrims to indicate as to how may circle they have performed. For quite some years it was take away by some raiders as history tells us, yet the Muslims had been performing their Hajj of the Kaaba without it, so it is not worshiped, please get corrected, if one may please. Right, please?

Regards

"The Black Stone (Arabic: ٱلْحَجَرُ ٱلْأَسْوَد‎, al-Ḥajaru al-Aswad, "Black Stone") is a rock set into the eastern corner of the Kaaba, the ancient building located in the center of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
The stone was venerated at the Kaaba in pre-Islamic pagan times. According to Islamic tradition, it was set intact into the Kaaba's wall by the Islamic prophet Muhammad in 605 CE, five years before his first revelation. Since then it has been broken into fragments and is now cemented into a silver frame in the side of the Kaaba. Its physical appearance is that of a fragmented dark rock, polished smooth by the hands of pilgrims.
Muslim pilgrims circle the Kaaba as a part of the tawaf ritual during the hajj and many try to stop and kiss the Black Stone, emulating the kiss that Islamic tradition records that it received from Muhammad.[3][4] Muslims do not worship the Black Stone.[5][6]
Black Stone - Wikipedia
In January 930, it was stolen by the Qarmatians, who carried the Black Stone away to their base in Hajar (modern Eastern Arabia). According to Ottoman historian Qutb al-Din, writing in 1857, the Qarmatian leader Abu Tahir al-Jannabi set the Black Stone up in his own mosque, the Masjid al-Dirar, with the intention of redirecting the hajj away from Mecca. This failed, as pilgrims continued to venerate the spot where the Black Stone had been.[40]"
Black Stone - Wikipedia

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No one will be sleeping in any grave for any reason. There is simply so many better things to do.
Religion works on the emotional half. Let's not forget God has an intellectual half, as we do. THINK!! Are all these religious stories the act of True Intelligence??
If God can create universes, you got to know God came up with much better things than religion is teaching. Yes, it stares us in the face!!
Well, I can agree that 'No one will be sleeping in any grave for any reason' because of the coming Resurrection.
In the Resurrection ( Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth )
This is when 'enemy death' will be brought to nothing. Death will No longer exist - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26
So, yes there will be so many better ( and forever) things to do:
There will be No bodily deterioration (forever friends and family) - Isaiah 35th chapter
No one will say, " I am sick..." - Isaiah 33:24
No death hanging over us - Isaiah 25:8
We will build and garden, and we will outlive our houses - Isaiah 65:21-23
Like in ancient times at night we will look up and even see a googleplex of stars - Genesis 15:5 a.
So, yes, this is the writings, the design, of True Intelligence because True Intelligence wants us to be happy.
- Jeremiah 29:11

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Rev. 20:10)
No, the second death is the result of the unbelievers getting their bodies back and resurrected. They then are judged and tossed into the lake of fire where they die again. This is why it is the second death. Death is but a separation of the body from the spirit/soul. The spirit/soul of the unbeliever in the lake of fire is left in the lake of fire after the body dies again. Thus the spirit/soul shall exist there for ever. No such thing as 'perpetual sleep'.
Unless there is an experience of 'torment' then there is no torment. Your explanation is nonsense.
Concerning satan, he will be. (Matt. 25:41)
Good-Ole-Rebel
I find there is a difference between torment and torture such as being on fire.
After everyone in the grave is ' delivered up' (resurrected out of the grave ) then those who rebel will die that symbolic ' second death '.- Revelation 20:13-14.
Second death stands for : destruction, so the everlasting fire of Matthew 25:41 is the everlasting punishment of Matthew 25:46.That punishment is: destruction - 2nd Thessalonians 1:9
In other words, as Psalms 92:7 says the wicked will be 'destroyed forever'.
The choice given is ' repent ' if we do Not wish to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2 Peter 3:9

Bird123

Well, I can agree that 'No one will be sleeping in any grave for any reason' because of the coming Resurrection.
In the Resurrection ( Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth )
This is when 'enemy death' will be brought to nothing. Death will No longer exist - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26
So, yes there will be so many better ( and forever) things to do:
There will be No bodily deterioration (forever friends and family) - Isaiah 35th chapter
No one will say, " I am sick..." - Isaiah 33:24
No death hanging over us - Isaiah 25:8
We will build and garden, and we will outlive our houses - Isaiah 65:21-23
Like in ancient times at night we will look up and even see a googleplex of stars - Genesis 15:5 a.
So, yes, this is the writings, the design, of True Intelligence because True Intelligence wants us to be happy.
- Jeremiah 29:11

We are Spiritual beings in our true natures. Our physical bodies exist only for the lessons we are learning. When all the lessons are learned, we certainly won't want to be trapped within a physical body. There are too many limits it creates.

Everybody seems to want to be saved. Don't count on it. We are living our lessons. No one is going to do it for us. One must learn what it takes. One must Discover that the only answer is Unconditional Love.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

I see in some obituaries that some people talk about "eternal rest," as if their dead loved ones will sleep (rest?) forever. What do you think?

YoursTrue

We are Spiritual beings in our true natures. Our physical bodies exist only for the lessons we are learning. When all the lessons are learned, we certainly won't want to be trapped within a physical body. There are too many limits it creates.

Everybody seems to want to be saved. Don't count on it. We are living our lessons. No one is going to do it for us. One must learn what it takes. One must Discover that the only answer is Unconditional Love.

It is possible to be saved. In order to do so, however, one must be rescued. The rescuer is called in this sense, a savior.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yup. Well, the Jewish version of hell, in any case.
Just out of curiosity....what is the Jewish version of hell....?

@Jainarayan. I don't believe there is such a place as hell ( a place where souls go after death)...sheol is just the grave and since nowhere in the Bible does it state that God is Omnipresent, I see no reason for God to be in a grave....:shrug:

YoursTrue

An idol. Next question?

God is God, because the Jews repeatedly refused to bow to anything,
Just as a side note here, and you bring up many interesting points, too many for me to discuss at length in one post, but time and again the history of the Jews reveals God rebuked them because they did not worship Him as He told them to. There certainly were times He expressed satisfaction, King Solomon's reign is one example until he was disloyal, but there were many times the nation was disobedient. Thereby bringing God's displeasure.

YoursTrue

Ok. Before I sign off, contrasting religions are not, cannot be from God.