• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goals and Purposes in creation

Alienistic

Anti-conformity
In Advaita philosophy only Consciousness/God/Brahman is real. Creation/Maya is an illusion.

In my anti-conformism philosophy (haha) - maya is still very much real, the suffering is real, all felt is real. Even if temporary. Illusion meaning that this universe or dualverse or world is not as it seems, is almost stranger than fiction, is very subtly deceptive, is entirely upside-down and backwards, many layers of veil’s over the minds. It is like a grand trick of deception, some of it hilarious and much of it very disturbing and grotesque.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Its really more helpful and productive to say why you believe things are true, instead of just declaring them to be so.
That is not expected that one start from scratch in every thread. This thread was asking about the 'Goals and purpose in creation' in our philosophy.

George-ananda

Premium Member
In my anti-conformism philosophy (haha) - maya is still very much real, the suffering is real, all felt is real. Even if temporary. Illusion meaning that this universe or dualverse or world is not as it seems, is almost stranger than fiction, is very subtly deceptive, is entirely upside-down and backwards, many layers of veil’s over the minds. It is like a grand trick of deception, some of it hilarious and much of it very disturbing and grotesque.
In anti-conformism philosophy how/why did this system of Maya come about per the OP topic 'Goals and purpose in creation'? Any goals or purpose?

Alienistic

Anti-conformity
In anti-conformism philosophy how/why did this system of Maya come about per the OP topic 'Goals and purpose in creation'? Any goals or purpose?

In ways, it is pretty funny how the more harmless aspects of this “Maya” have mankind fleeced. In many other ways, it is pretty twisted, and disturbing- no laughing matter. So there really isn’t anything special of a creation of ignorant species and then tricking them so easily, dividing them and making fight themselves while a god or gods laugh. It would be like a cheap and weak thrill for gods to do such. I suppose it can be a challenge going through the process from an ignorant/stupid human to learning, becoming aware of the program, going from inauthentic and dead to authentic and alive, to no longer gullible or naive, being made strong, alert, desiring Truth or liberation.

I mean, if I were the programmer or designer of mankind.... it would be too easy. I’d know precisely how to steer it, guide it through fear or emotion, shame, guilt, manipulate it, get it to perform my will all while thinking it is free, choosing itself, thinking it is doing good when it’s doing evil instead, I’d have it mocking and making fun of the actual Truth and believing in practically nothing but lies and illusions while watching them think they are highly intelligent. I’d know how to do this all because I were the one that created and coded it all. So what would be the point of this?

Last edited:

Alienistic

Anti-conformity
So what would be the point of this?

If I had any kind of decency, I’d want my programmed spawn or children to become strong, alert, authentic, genuinely good and set them free as their own autonomous entity. Not design them stupid and control and fleece and laugh at them, let them all kill and suffer, maim each other, do my evil bidding all for me while they are participating in their own demise, illness, death, and destruction and even defending this all as intelligent truth when it’s all lies, or smite them with diseases. Or want them to be dependent and reliant upon me to coddle and comfort them for eternity. This takes a special kind of demented source for this.

George-ananda

Premium Member
In ways, it is pretty funny how the more harmless aspects of this “Maya” have mankind fleeced. In many other ways, it is pretty twisted, and disturbing- no laughing matter. So there really isn’t anything special of a creation of ignorant species and then tricking them so easily, dividing them and making fight themselves while a god or gods laugh. It would be like a cheap and weak thrill for gods to do such. I suppose it can be a challenge going through the process from an ignorant/stupid human to learning, becoming aware of the program, going from inauthentic and dead to authentic and alive, to no longer gullible or naive, being made strong, alert, desiring Truth or liberation.

I mean, if I were the programmer or designer of mankind.... it would be too easy. I’d know precisely how to steer it, guide it through fear or emotion, shame, guilt, manipulate it, get it to perform my will all while thinking it is free, choosing itself, thinking it is doing good when it’s doing evil instead, I’d have it mocking and making fun of the actual Truth and believing in practically nothing but lies and illusions while watching them think they are highly intelligent. I’d know how to do this all because I were the one that created and coded it all. So what would be the point of this?
Fortunately in the philosophy I find best explains reality the play has a positive ending for all; eventual mergence in love and Oneness.

Anything that great a torturing trickster???? Well that’s your philosophy then.

Alienistic

Anti-conformity
Fortunately in the philosophy I find best explains reality the play has a positive ending for all; eventual mergence in love and Oneness.

Certainly hope there is a reasonable ending for all if it were so, the species against all odds. Although I’m sure many wouldn’t care or want to love all or be one with all. If someone’s authentic ego had no choice to be as you said earlier- doesn’t sound like an entity that wants anything “free-willed.”

As for a torturing trickster(s) if they were so, anyone with minimal ability of awareness can see the suffering going on in this “reality.” The sick and demented characters and actors that Brahman loves to be in its play, and the rest- holding them accountable for karma and Maya that they don’t remember or ever asked for.

Alienistic

Anti-conformity
The sick and demented characters and actors that Brahman loves to be in its play, and the rest- holding them accountable for karma and Maya that they don’t remember or ever asked for.

I don’t know who has the heart to tell a starved and diseased child they deserved this and it’s their fault because of karma they can’t remember. “But don’t worry, you’re Brahman and I’m Brahman and it’s just a play, an illusion. Meanwhile, say hello to the dog feces on the ground, that’s me- Brahman too. Maybe after 2000 more lives of suffering for you, being 1000 different species you can have no choice to be coddled by me in love for all of eternity.”

George-ananda

Premium Member
Certainly hope there is a reasonable ending for all if it were so, the species against all odds. Although I’m sure many wouldn’t care or want to love all or be one with all. If someone’s authentic ego had no choice to be as you said earlier- doesn’t sound like an entity that wants anything “free-willed.”

As for a torturing trickster(s) if they were so, anyone with minimal ability of awareness can see the suffering going on in this “reality.” The sick and demented characters and actors that Brahman loves to be in its play, and the rest- holding them accountable for karma and Maya that they don’t remember or ever asked for.
It gets deep. At the ultimate level we are the playwright of our script. The temporaries you’re concerned about will come and go.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humans think.

If we all live as equals as a human by all human conditions it is first human notification.

As humans for humans about humans.
Every natural state is pre owned pre formed natural.

Basic advice.

Science is not basic advice it was chosen as a human practice.

If we express unfairness and a status why and how then consciously we know we own pre ideals about self presence.

Only a pre existing state changed would impose why and how for its own purpose. Meaning consciousness rationally pre existed.

Meaning a status occurred that was known not meant to.

I name that state the eternal by human words describing what they mean by using our lower awAreness. A human.

Always existed.
Always had existed.
Always will exist.

Always meaning has no pre conceived change before it's owned status.

Lost some of its owned body into change.

We know about it. Which proves we came from it.

So we quantify it rationally as a sense of being with no conditions. We know it as unconditional love as compared to our owned lived human experience.

As humans do apply the comparing.

So we state how and why could such a presence have caused such destruction knowing creation does not love us as it's explosive reactions destroy us whenever reacted.

And the advice is and was not meant to occur as it is irrational to claim that love would create harm and suffering as those conditions are not loving.

I was taught this story from the only real first adult human consciousness. As we all have lived since by human sex sperm ovary.

Realising earths heavens records life transmits image sound voice recordings as a state our heavens.

Their memories which I relate to from a Baby into adult human says man human emerged out of spirit first. Human woman second.

Between the two emergence man witnessed woman's eternal spirit. So it was human memory recorded. Where they came from.

Out of the eternal body which had always and still exists only after earths had filled in the empty spatial plane at ground zero.

Rationally it was our eternal spirit karmic cause to Inherit what the eternal had changed.

To rationalise creation never loved us.

To rationalise we came from the loving conscious form direct ourselves as a human.

To rationalise we should cause as little change as possible having inherited the conscious lesson. As a human.

Fallen Prophet

Does humanity exhibit goals and purposes? or Are humans mindlessly made with every function of a human being is arbitrary and signifying nothing?

How do you justify your position?

Some very reasonable people consider the idea that meaning and purpose is apart of the universe. That somehow life is special.

I agree with the argument in the video.

For me it is apparent that life,and in particular, humanity exhibits goals and purposes in their form and function.

The argument puts forth that God, or magic isn't an explanation, and I agree with that as well.

But is there a life principle to existence?
I believe that the purpose of our existence to become like God - Our Father - a perfected and immortal Being - enjoying eternal life.

DNB

Christian

Does humanity exhibit goals and purposes? or Are humans mindlessly made with every function of a human being is arbitrary and signifying nothing?

How do you justify your position?

Some very reasonable people consider the idea that meaning and purpose is apart of the universe. That somehow life is special.

I agree with the argument in the video.

For me it is apparent that life,and in particular, humanity exhibits goals and purposes in their form and function.

The argument puts forth that God, or magic isn't an explanation, and I agree with that as well.

But is there a life principle to existence?
What was your purpose in starting this thread?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
What was your purpose in starting this thread?

To see if people can see that humans, and other living creatures exhibit functions that exhibit purposes. To see if anyone can see the orchestration and organization of their own being.

I wouldn't call it perfect, and I wouldn't say it is designed, but there is evidence of intellect in the creation of life. It's not entirely obvious, but it is proof that life isn't a cosmic accident.

I think that there is much to see in nature that appears mindless, and without any plan. But not everything.

I was looking for direct refutations as well of what I am certain is the case. And I see the opposite intuition is quite mainstream.

DNB

Christian
To see if people can see that humans, and other living creatures exhibit functions that exhibit purposes. To see if anyone can see the orchestration and organization of their own being.

I wouldn't call it perfect, and I wouldn't say it is designed, but there is evidence of intellect in the creation of life. It's not entirely obvious, but it is proof that life isn't a cosmic accident.

I think that there is much to see in nature that appears mindless, and without any plan. But not everything.

I was looking for direct refutations as well of what I am certain is the case. And I see the opposite intuition is quite mainstream.
Sorry, my remark was rhetorical. In other words, you clearly had a purpose in starting this thread, obviously, and all who answered felt obligated to offer their opinions which equally had a purpose (eg: set people straight).
My point is, this thread answered your question - people are seeking answers because they desire purpose in their lives. That's innate in our constitution, we are not strictly creatures of instinct. We plan, strategize, contemplate and deliberate, philosophize and meditate and pray.
The earth has an extremely fine-tuned design, that the smallest deviation would cause cataclysmic results. Everything in order, by season, by genus and species, by gender, and by chronology and age. The universe is axiomatically evident of a grand design and purpose - when we break the rules, there are consequences (health, agriculture and harvest, atmosphere, oceans and water, sun rays, acid rain and pollution). All animals and insects live their lives in order and discipline - gathering and storing, building and procreating, eating and nurturing, etc.. All in order, all in season, never neglecting their responsibilities and duties. ...survival is the first notion of purpose, for we all die anyhow, so why do we continuously defer the inevitable?