• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Giada, the inner beauty thing is just nonsense"

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I said according to most Italians. Not in my opinion.
and by the way, It's not my fault if most men want sexy women and sometimes do any thing to sleep with them.
Maybe if Jacqueline Kennedy had been sexy enough, her husband, JFK, would have never slept with Marilyn Monroe.
Would you deny it that almost all men were crazy for her? I wouldn't.

so I think that women should accept the consequences of their choice not to look sexy-
That's disgusting. Its your fault I cheated on you. Wtf.

dust1n

Zindīq
Okay...but we are speaking of the majority of males. Firstly I never criticize the males who choose women for their inner qualities, nor I criticized those men who don't like sexy provoking women.
Every man to his taste.

But you have plenty of criticizing for women who lack interest in pursuing your notion of beauty, apparently.

But most men are aroused by sexy provoking women with tiny waist and large breasts. Shall we crucify them?

No, but I certainly don't why anyone would want to sleep with them if I was lady.

Lots of men -even unwillingly- stare at women's breasts. It's a unwilling reflex, almost.

Unwilling reflex, my ***. People have much control in determining what they focus on.

SkylarHunter

I'm not going to play the hypocrite and pretend the physical appearance doesn't matter. Of course it does. I see people (and everything else) with my eyes first. If I'm going to wake up next to someone, possibly for the rest of my life I want to be able to enjoy the view and he has the right to feel exactly the same way.
I strongly believe that human were created to be attracted to beauty. We like beautiful landscapes, beautiful gadgets, beautiful people, etc.
Do I mean physical appearance is all that matters? Of course not. In facts it gets old quickly. I've met people who were beautiful on the outside and managed to bore me to death very quickly with the extreme emptiness of their heads. I've also met people who, not being particularly attractive at first, became very attractive once I got to know them better due to their personalities.
For me it's all about balance. Mind and body are a package and it's up to each one of us how we want to present ours.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
and by the way, It's not my fault if most men want sexy women and sometimes do any thing to sleep with them.
Maybe if Jacqueline Kennedy had been sexy enough, her husband, JFK, would have never slept with Marilyn Monroe.

I never said it was your fault. But you still claim to speak for most men, and in spite of most men in this thread telling you the contrary to be true. You are dismissing them and ignoring them.

That is most certainly your fault that you have not listened and respected their perspectives.

Oh, and blaming a woman's appearance for infidelity is cruel and archaic.

She was nice to look at. But most people desire more than looks for even a one night stand. Have the ability to have a conversation, at least.

Shall we crucify one of the best presidents of the American history, if not the best?

I have no interest in crucifying JFK. It is you, however, that is projecting your assumptions about men's desires onto him and his indiscretions. Your assumptions do not match the majority of what men have been telling you over and over again.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Thinking of something appropriate to the question it just occurred to me: all things being equal , on Christmas morning if there were two presents under the tree and one was wrapped in beautiful paper and ribbons and the other wrapped in newsprint, which one would you choose? No crime in accentuating your positives, men or women.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Shall we crucify one of the best presidents of the American history, if not the best?

Nah. It doesn't really work like that. A lot of sexy people get cheated on.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Thinking of something appropriate to the question it just occurred to me: all things being equal , on Christmas morning if there were two presents under the tree and one was wrapped in beautiful paper and ribbons and the other wrapped in newsprint, which one would you choose? No crime in accentuating your positives, men or women.

But why just two choices? That's the problem here...there's the notion that beautiful wrapping only appears in narrowly defined parameters.

Plus, I happen to like presents wrapped in newspaper. I mean, frick, somebody put a gift under the tree for me. I would be hollow to not appreciate what's inside.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

To be fair, that doesn't work. We would discard the wrapping as soon as possible. It should be something that stuck around for a longer period of time.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
But why just two choices? That's the problem here...there's the notion that beautiful wrapping only appears in narrowly defined parameters.

Plus, I happen to like presents wrapped in newspaper. I mean, frick, somebody put a gift under the tree for me. I would be hollow to not appreciate what's inside.

Mystic, Mystic, Mystic...I think we've gone astray of the point.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
To be fair, that doesn't work. We would discard the wrapping as soon as possible. It should be something that stuck around for a longer period of time.

Koldo, Koldo, Koldo...I think we've gone astray of the point.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

I only wrap in news paper. Im also a good gift giver.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not going to play the hypocrite and pretend the physical appearance doesn't matter. Of course it does. I see people (and everything else) with my eyes first. If I'm going to wake up next to someone, possibly for the rest of my life I want to be able to enjoy the view and he has the right to feel exactly the same way.
I strongly believe that human were created to be attracted to beauty. We like beautiful landscapes, beautiful gadgets, beautiful people, etc.
Do I mean physical appearance is all that matters? Of course not. In facts it gets old quickly. I've met people who were beautiful on the outside and managed to bore me to death very quickly with the extreme emptiness of their heads. I've also met people who, not being particularly attractive at first, became very attractive once I got to know them better due to their personalities.
For me it's all about balance. Mind and body are a package and it's up to each one of us how we want to present ours.
That about sums it up for me!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

I think that what the movie intends to demonstrate is that inner beauty is not sufficient.
In other words, we are all beautiful people on the inside.
But it is not sufficient, unfortunately. Nature is very generous to some people, and sometimes is very cruel to other people.

Saying that ugliness doesn't exist, sounds like a cruel game towards certain people, to whom nature has already been cruel enough.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think that what the movie intends to demonstrate is that inner beauty is not sufficient.
In other words, we are all beautiful people on the inside.
But it is not sufficient, unfortunately. Nature is very generous to some people, and sometimes is very cruel to other people.
Saying that ugliness doesn't exist, sounds like a cruel game towards certain people, to whom nature has already been cruel enough.
There's a new TV show here (Man Seeking Woman) which mocked the inner beauty thing in its premier episode. The man's sister set him up with a woman who is so beautiful on the inside that his sister was moved to tears. Things fell apart when she bit him on the leg after he offended her by using the word "trolling". (She's a troll. And yes, she lives under a bridge.)
th

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

In my family my brother who spends the least on gifts has a wife that beautifully wraps the gifts. On the other hand I'm the sibling that spends the most on gifts and refuse to pay more money on wrapping paper and bows and crap so I use newspaper. I also wrap my own gifts because my wife has no desire to wrap gifts at all. This is consistent year to year and the kids unwrap the gifts in order they are stacked not grabbing any before the other.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, Nietzsche already mentioned he prefers large presents, so not everyone is overly concerned with the wrapping.

Plus, once the shiny paper is discarded, youre left with whatever lies within. So how to tell which paper contains the best gift?

Ya know, i think its a pretty good analogy for life. Just, perhaps, not in the way it was intended.