• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Giada, the inner beauty thing is just nonsense"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Agreed but that is not enough to determine whether or not I want to be with her only if I want to sleep with her. You have not show your perfect mate, just some one that turns you on. The two, while likely overlapping are not the same.
I showed a perfect one, even if the pic lacks sufficient for others to judge.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I showed a perfect one, even if the pic lacks sufficient for others to judge.
But you only know that because you know more about her. That wasn't decided or demonstrated by the gif. Thanks for demonstrating my point.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Ugly people's lives might or might not be easier if they were pretty. No amount of attractiveness is going to solve any of my particular problems, but whatever. Ugly people's lives might or might be easier if they were to ignore douchebaggery as well. I'd suggest the second for all the ugly people.

I am totally convinced that ugliness is almost always a choice. so if you choose to look ugly and uncool, it's a respectable choice and you must be prepared to accept the consequences.

and the main consequence is that people wn't like you

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
This title is between brackets because it is a quotation from an Italian movie Come tu mi vuoi (transl. As you want me to look like).
It tells the story of a college girl named Giada who falls in love with a college young man. She does't care much about her looks, and she defends the importance of inner beauty.
This guys seems to like her, but then she finds out that he's ashamed of going out with her, because he doesn't want to be ridiculed by his friends (who think that Giada is really ugly and uncool) .
Then she decides to change her looks after her roommate tells her: Ah, Giada, the inner beauty story is pure bull...it. Only beautiful people can like each other. It's natural selection.

and in fact she changes her looks totally. This movie suggests us that inner beauty unfortunately is not sufficient in the world we live in

here is the before and after

before
cristiana-capotondi-in-una-scena-di-come-tu-mi-vuoi-48876.jpg

after
cristiana-capotondi-in-una-scena-di-come-tu-mi-vuoi-48872.jpg

thoughts?

If you were in love with her you would see the second even if your friends saw the first.

dust1n

Zindīq
I am totally convinced that ugliness is almost always a choice. so if you choose to look ugly and uncool, it's a respectable choice and you must be prepared to accept the consequences.

and the main consequence is that people wn't like you

Alright, but likewise, not liking people because someone doesn't invest all their energy into being beautiful is totally almost always a choice. So if you choose to not like people because they don't invest all their energy into being beautiful, it's a respectable choice and you must be prepared to accept the consequences.

And the main consequence is that people won't like you.