• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis - God Said

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
T
that bears contemplating. You may be right there.

To me, you might also want to contemplate Job 2:4-5 because Satan challenges all of us.
Touch our ' flesh ' ( loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
ah then allow me to quote, "Singularity can only be manifested by Plurality. Singularity and the idea of Singularity are already Plural."

thus you have the idea; which is the potential for something, and the actualized; which is the idea manifested. or another way of stating it, thy kingdom come thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven. the Universe is a singularity that manifests as a binary. same idea comes from hinduism too.

the same idea as man; which is a plural noun too. man = mankind

this same idea is conveyed with adam vs adam. the second is actually derived from the first

same concept of deer as a herd, or whole, and deer as a reference to a singular/individual quadruped, ungulate.

love forms a singularity; where two become one as having the same mind, empathy, one towards the other. which one is Love? both loving self and other as self.

and yes i've read the whole bible and unfortunately i'm not a christian, or a jew.

the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

you and I have played together before, if you posted on bnet.

But you did not cite the source of your claimed quotation

It's is true that an Adam and Eve lived in the genetic sense (DNA cannot lie) they did however like be some 100,000 years apart.

So do you agree that the bible is contradictory in that it claims one god while proclaiming many god's?

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
ruach literally means: mind, breath, wind, spirit

even in the english language, spiritual is a synonym for mental

spirit

Also from mid-14c. as "character, disposition; way of thinking and feeling, state of mind; source of a human desire;" in Middle English freedom of spirit meant "freedom of choice." From late 14c. as "divine substance, divine mind, God;" also "Christ" or His divine nature; "the Holy Ghost; divine power;"
Which Bible translation are you reading from?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe God is a spirit being, who resides in a definite location. Hebrews 9:24 says that "Christ did not enter into a holy place made with hands, which is a copy of the reality, but into heaven itself, so that he now appears before God on our behalf." Thus God dwells in heaven.
no person is made by hands, the body is the temple.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Mortal Adam did Not come to life until after God ' breathed ' the ' breath of life ' into life-less Adam according to Genesis 2:7
yes, and that word is ruach; which means wind, breath, spirit, or mind.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
But you did not cite the source of your claimed quotation

It's is true that an Adam and Eve lived in the genetic sense (DNA cannot lie) they did however like be some 100,000 years apart.

So do you agree that the bible is contradictory in that it claims one god while proclaiming many god's?

definitely can be and was consciously done so in parts to create powers, dominions, hierarchies, or factions of contrast, divide and conqueror

ChristineM

Premium Member
definitely can be and was consciously done so in parts to create powers, dominions, hierarchies, or factions of contrast, divide and conqueror

And still you have not circle your source.

As to the rest... What?

ChristineM

Premium Member
freemasonry

or from science,

the only Absolute is that there are no absolutes

Not quite

-273.15c or -459.67f or 0k are a temperature of absolute zero (or more precisely, absolute lack of temperature)

In mathematics absolute values are the magnitude of a number without regard to it's sign

Absolute positioning is the corner stone of gps

The regard many absolutes

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not quite

-273.15c or -459.67f or 0k are a temperature of absolute zero (or more precisely, absolute lack of temperature)

In mathematics absolute values are the magnitude of a number without regard to it's sign

Absolute positioning is the corner stone of gps

The regard many absolutes

manifestations, of anything, are temporal. the thing that creates these temporary manifestations and all it's phenomena isn't. the universe didn't come from nothing and won't return to nothingness. it contains within itself, all its potential manifestation.

absolute zero is correct in theory but it has never been reproduced by science in reality. it exists as one manifestation of kelvin across a spectrum. absolute kelvin can't exist apart from the universe and all it's other manifesting attributes.

you're speaking of degrees, numbers, and position, i'm speaking of ABSOLUTE that has no equivalent. it has no measurement, no definitive attributes, no contrast to even measure against.

your absolutes do.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Which son of a god are we talking about here? Thor, Hercules, no, it's probably Jesus right? They're all just ancient mythology.

Secondly, if a god decided to create offspring wouldn't their offspring be a creation and a person, all three things?
so an offspring couldn't be any kind of manifestation of a dynamic universe?

Kelly of the Phoenix

That is not what Genesis 1:27 says.
Well, in real life, outside of in vitro or something, sex is how we came to be. I thought that was a given. However, you're right ... per the story, we are descended (via sex) from a dirt puppet and his trans sister. :p

I'm just telling you what the Bible says and what Jesus says about himself.
The bible, to be fair, is contradictory about a lot of things.

Touch our ' flesh ' ( loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.
I don't think you read the entire story if you think Job didn't crack. Also, Mark's Jesus quite clearly would rather do anything but die for you and has to resign to the fate he helped make by irritating the authorities so much.

ChristineM

Premium Member
manifestations, of anything, are temporal. the thing that creates these temporary manifestations and all it's phenomena isn't. the universe didn't come from nothing and won't return to nothingness. it contains within itself, all its potential manifestation.

absolute zero is correct in theory but it has never been reproduced by science in reality. it exists as one manifestation of kelvin across a spectrum. absolute kelvin can't exist apart from the universe and all it's other manifesting attributes.

you're speaking of degrees, numbers, and position, i'm speaking of ABSOLUTE that has no equivalent. it has no measurement, no definitive attributes, no contrast to even measure against.

your absolutes do.

There is no evidence that the universe didn't come from nothing and there is nothing in science to prevent the universe comming from nothing so please advise (preferably cite) your source for this comment.

Absolute zero is a theoretical absolute based on the fact that no heat energy can remain at 0k. Laser cooling has achieved closet than one billionth of a degree k. And still it is an absolute

So you are speaking of nothing, is that the nothing with or without dimensions? Possibly the nothing that existed prior to the universe existing, or is that nothing that is common now, i.e. nothing with dimensions that photons can pass through?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
There is no evidence that the universe didn't come from nothing and there is nothing in science to prevent the universe comming from nothing so please advise (preferably cite) your source for this comment.

Absolute zero is a theoretical absolute based on the fact that no heat energy can remain at 0k. Laser cooling has achieved closet than one billionth of a degree k. And still it is an absolute

So you are speaking of nothing, is that the nothing with or without dimensions? Possibly the nothing that existed prior to the universe existing, or is that nothing that is common now, i.e. nothing with dimensions that photons can pass through?

https://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

the other option

What Is A Singularity? - Universe Today

yes, again i know what absolute zero is. you're using the word as an adjective in relation to a noun. I'm using it as a noun that has the attribute of zero, and an infinite other number of attributes. these attributes are simply manifestations of the same thing; whether dark energy, or light energy.

even vacuums contain things and aren't empty

Experiment suggests that reality doesn't exist until it is measured

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
https://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

the other option

What Is A Singularity? - Universe Today

yes, again i know what absolute zero is. you're using the word as an adjective in relation to a noun. I'm using it as a noun that has the attribute of zero, and an infinite other number of attributes. these attributes are simply manifestations of the same thing; whether dark energy, or light energy.

even vacuums contain things and aren't empty

Experiment suggests that reality doesn't exist until it is measured

I assume you did not bother reading or understanding any of those papers.

Phys.org
No Big Bang? Quantum equation PREDICTS universe has no beginning
Note the question mark and the word PREDICTS

Why the link to a page on singularities? irrelevant.

You made a statement and i have provided several absolutes to disprove that statement. You provide philosophical discussion with no relevance to reality. We can all talk of dreams, reality trumps dreams every time

What have vacuums to do with nothing? All a vacuum is is a space void of matter, a space has dimensions, nothing doesn't, a space allows energy to pass, nothing is anathema to radiation.

And the cat is both dead and alive at the same time. Ain't quantum mechanics brilliant?

And still you have not provided citation for your claimed quotation

Why is this i wonder?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I assume you did not bother reading or understanding any of those papers.

Phys.org
No Big Bang? Quantum equation PREDICTS universe has no beginning
Note the question mark and the word PREDICTS

Why the link to a page on singularities? irrelevant.

You made a statement and i have provided several absolutes to disprove that statement. You provide philosophical discussion with no relevance to reality. We can all talk of dreams, reality trumps dreams every time

What have vacuums to do with nothing? All a vacuum is is a space void of matter, a space has dimensions, nothing doesn't, a space allows energy to pass, nothing is anathema to radiation.

And the cat is both dead and alive at the same time. Ain't quantum mechanics brilliant?

And still you have not provided citation for your claimed quotation

Why is this i wonder?

Science doesn't purvey absolute truth. Science is a mechanism. It's a way of trying to improve your knowledge of nature. It's a system for testing your thoughts against the universe and seeing whether they match. And this works, not just for the ordinary aspects of science, but for all of life. I should think people would want to know that what they know is truly what the universe is like, or at least as close as they can get to it.

Absolute Truth, Dogmatism Antithetical to Science - The Tech

MISCONCEPTION: Scientific ideas are absolute and unchanging.
CORRECTION: Because science textbooks change very little from year to year, it's easy to imagine that scientific ideas don't change at all. It's true that some scientific ideas are so well established and supported by so many lines of evidence, they are unlikely to be completely overturned. However, even these established ideas are subject to modification based on new evidence and perspectives. Furthermore, at the cutting edge of scientific research — areas of knowledge that are difficult to represent in introductory textbooks — scientific ideas may change rapidly as scientists test out many different possible explanations trying to figure out which are the most accurate. To learn more about this, visit our page describing how science aims to build knowledge.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member

Straw man

And still no citation, its almost like you were telling fibs and are loath to even make reference to your woopsie.