• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis - God Said

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

good question but the subject is creation vs a person.

can a person represent the totality of the universe? or can it manifest as a holographic image of the universe? or a fractal of the greater totality?

is the universe, or absolute, a myth?

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

can a person represent the totality of the universe? or can it manifest as a holographic image of the universe? or a fractal of the greater totality?

I suppose one might ask whether the totality of the universe can be a person. Or maybe just some giant brain?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Well the holographic theory has been disproven and layed to rest.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/12/controversial-experiment-sees-no-evidence-universe-hologram

When you view the earth images from voyager, earth barely registers. So no, at least from a universal perspective.

Tumah

Veteran Member

This is not the same question as your OP's question.

rusra02

Premium Member
Is the son of god a creation? a person? an offspring?
Revelation 3:14 calls God's son "the beginning of the creation by God." This fits in with his description as "the firstborn of all creation" at Colossians 1:15.
The entire verse at Rev. 3:14 reads; "To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God."
So I believe Jesus was God's first creation. He was and is a spirit person, and God's son or offspring.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Revelation 3:14 calls God's son "the beginning of the creation by God." This fits in with his description as "the firstborn of all creation" at Colossians 1:15.
The entire verse at Rev. 3:14 reads; "To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God."
So I believe Jesus was God's first creation. He was and is a spirit person, and God's son or offspring.

okay, but.....

colossians 1:12

giving thanks unto the Father, who made us

so whose offspring are we?

Acts 17:28

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

rusra02

Premium Member
okay, but.....

colossians 1:12

giving thanks unto the Father, who made us

so whose offspring are we?

Acts 17:28

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
As these verses show, God is our Creator. I believe Jesus was with God during the creative process and worked under God's direction.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As these verses show, God is our Creator. I believe Jesus was with God during the creative process and worked under God's direction.

Actually those verses show that bronze age man didn't have much in the way of scientific knowledge.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Jesus was a person. God is not considered to be a person and the OT states that there is no other besides me, referring to El, or the Absolute.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Is the son of god a creation? a person? an offspring?

A manifestation of God on Earth. If you created your own universe, you wouldn't want to take an active role, point your beings in the right direction, as the most influential figure in history, at just the right time and place to do so?

It's only logical

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
A manifestation of God on Earth. If you created your own universe, you wouldn't want to take an active role, point your beings in the right direction, as the most influential figure in history, at just the right time and place to do so?

It's only logical

so what are you creating this universe from and wouldn't each aspect of that universe, be a universe in itself; if it's eternal? like a microcosm of the macrocosm; if then being a creator it was also part of the creation and not apart from the creation?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
so what are you creating this universe from and wouldn't each aspect of that universe, be a universe in itself; if it's eternal? like a microcosm of the macrocosm; if then being a creator it was also part of the creation and not apart from the creation?

I think that makes sense also yes.

If I understand your point- if we define 'universe' in it's largest possible sense, 'literally all existence' then any creative mechanism- ID or natural- must fall within that definition right? So the univese by this definition, must ultimately be self-explanatory..