• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

G.W. Bush's Idealism is Winning the World

Wannabe Yogi

Reagan's efforts had more to do with capitalism vs. communism than it did with any genuine concern with human rights. During the Cold War the U.S. had a history of backing brutal and abusive dictators and paramilitary groups in opposition to perceived communist influence. Reagan would've tossed a live grenade into a maternity ward full of newborn babies to fend off the red menace.

He was also a supporter of foreign Terrorism much like Iran's Ahmadinejad.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He was also a supporter of foreign Terrorism much like Iran's Ahmadinejad.
Let's not forget that Jimmy Carter re-instated registration for the military draft (males only, of course).
I'd call that a human rights lapse. I'd wager too, that if we looked at countries the US aided during
his reign, we'd find some rights abusers.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Let's not forget that Jimmy Carter re-instated registration for the military draft (males only, of course).
I'd call that a human rights lapse. I'd wager too, that if we looked at countries the US aided during
his reign, we'd find some rights abusers.

You would be hard pressed to find any U.S. president who's hands weren't stained by something.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
As I recall, Reagan was big on human rights too....Berlin Wall, Soviets.
He was more effective in this regard than Carter was.
ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
ohhhh *wipes tear from eye*

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Don't you just love American idealism? Both parties can lay claim to it. But, liberals, they don't want it.
I think i'll claim Marsian Idealism... because such a LIE would be just as substantive.
BTW: we would be the ideal country...if only ignorant conservatives would get the hell out; or open a science/history/economy/philosophy book once in a while...or at least actually deeply investigated and thought about things.

Last edited:

Wannabe Yogi

Don't you just love American idealism? Both parties can lay claim to it. But, liberals, they don't want it.

What do you mean? It is liberals who died in the streets with MLK for the Idealism Of all men are created equal. It was liberals who were machined gunned down in mine strikes. It was liberals who lots their jobs refusing to give information to the government during McCarthyism. The greatest generation was much more liberal and believed in big Government more then the baby boomers ever did.

It is liberals who have died in fox holes right along side of conservatives.

Your ideas are full of bias and false information.

A

angellous_evangellous

Now that is really broad minded and democratic idealism. Just get the hell out, right. Everbody that disagrees with you, get the hell out. do you want us to take all the blacks, Latin Americans, gays, rich, poor, educated, the unlearned, or just anybody who disagrees with you. Or is the people who will not let you have your selfish will.

In American idealism, it is not about you or your elite little group but it is about"we the people. If you don't like this state of affairs, I suggest you take your own advice. We are not going away, we will not be quite, we the people will not allow you to have your way.

GBW is just one big wheel of destruction.

He screwed his oil company, the Texas Rangers, and then Texas itself as gov (where he spent most of his time drunk).

Ruining the education system and the economy of Texas wasn't enough for Bush, though.

He got to do it for the whole USA by applying the same failed policies, destroying the American economy and foreign relations by starting illegal wars. The wars weren't enough - his administration had to demand that America did not have to uphold the Geneva conventions or UN resolutions that the rest of the civilized world respects.

So for the first time in American history, an ex-President cannot go overseas without fear of arrest for crimes against humanity.

That's not a good person to idolize.

Debunker

What do you mean? It is liberals who died in the streets with MLK for the Idealism Of all men are created equal. It was liberals who were machined gunned down in mine strikes. It was liberals who lots their jobs refusing to give information to the government during McCarthyism. The greatest generation was much more liberal and believed in big Government more then the baby boomers ever did.

It is liberals who have died in fox holes right along side of conservatives.

Your ideas are full of bias and false information.
nO. iT WAS AMERICAN IDEALISM THAT MOTIVATED ALL THESE THINGS FOR BOTH LIBERALS AND CONSERVATIVES It is your prejudice that will not allow you to confess this fact..

Debunker

GBW is just one big wheel of destruction.

He screwed his oil company, the Texas Rangers, and then Texas itself as gov (where he spent most of his time drunk).

Ruining the education system and the economy of Texas wasn't enough for Bush, though.

He got to do it for the whole USA by applying the same failed policies, destroying the American economy and foreign relations by starting illegal wars. The wars weren't enough - his administration had to demand that America did not have to uphold the Geneva conventions or UN resolutions that the rest of the civilized world respects.

So for the first time in American history, an ex-President cannot go overseas without fear of arrest for crimes against humanity.

That's not a good person to idolize.
What blind eyes can see is a wonder. The liberal state of California would love to have the economy of GWB's Texas. You do not think with your head and the rest is just the source of hot air burning from the last *** kicking the Conservatives just gave you at the polls.

You are really blind if you maintain the rest of the world follows what the UN dictates and if you think they follow the Geneva conventions closer than the USA. American idealism is on the march and the best thing for our country is for the liberals to support the people who seek freedom and not like N.C. Obama did in Iran. He was too much like Chamberlain to support freedom then and he is too late to turn to the right now. He needs to bend over and take
his kicking with the rest of the liberals and get past his failures.

Debunker

If they were true Americans, they'd shoot the conservative and die with dignity.

That is exactly what the liberals have been telling the American people. But the American people say it is not about your little 23% minority. It is about the "we the people" majority who really do embrace American idealism that all men have equality, bot liberal and conservative, Democrat, Republican, Tea Party, or whatever. I suggest your wiliness and wish to kill others who disagree with you is both un-American and anti-Christian. That is the problem with your type of liberalism.