• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the dismally ignorant

F1fan

Veteran Member
Come back when you come out of irrelevancy
Your creationist beliefs are irrelevant to reality.

You are unable to rebut anything I wrote, so you must acknowledge I made solid points that your dogma is wrongly against. If your dogma can't offer you an opportunity to rebut what I say perhaps you should rethink your beliefs.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I like the Society of Friends ["Quakers"] use of having an "inner light" as a definition for "soul", as a God-given gift that allows us to better see right from wrong, but then we must tap into it for it to be effective. Just a thought.
I think Quakers are amazing people (I have an extended family relationship from my son's wife that is a Quaker).

I would hold to this position:

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

The word "spirit" is not the same word as "soul" in the Hebrew language

Heyo

Veteran Member
Yes... that would be in the 1% as my posts have stipulated.
But you're OK with the Big Bang theory, the ToE where it doesn't touch humans, Special and General Relativity, the quantum theories, plate tectonics, the classical mechanics and thermodynamics?

Kenny

Premium Member
But you're OK with the Big Bang theory, the ToE where it doesn't touch humans, Special and General Relativity, the quantum theories, plate tectonics, the classical mechanics and thermodynamics?
Yes... OK with those points (unless science corrects itself)

Heyo

Veteran Member
Yes... OK with those points (unless science corrects itself)
OK, when the ToE is OK, except for humans, then you accept all the science up to homo heidelbergensis, deny the next 200,000 years and when do you believe that humans came into the picture and how?

Kenny

Premium Member
OK, when the ToE is OK, except for humans, then you accept all the science up to homo heidelbergensis, deny the next 200,000 years and when do you believe that humans came into the picture and how?
I seem to perceive some presumptions here such as "up to" and "deny"

Would you like to rephrase it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I seem to perceive some presumptions here such as "up to" and "deny"

Would you like to rephrase it?
Perhaps you can explain to us your personal beliefs instead of forcing others to try to guess them. Though odds are that in your beliefs you will be claiming that God is a liar. Maybe you know that and that is why you do not want to make your beliefs fully known to others.

Heyo

Veteran Member
You said that before but you never explained how you pulled that rabbit out of the hat. Because it was your magic?
You have never explained how you think that humans came into the picture. We have a well documented history of primates evolving and it leads straight up to h. sapiens about 300,000 years ago. And you said you accept that. But what then? Enlighten us with your hypothesis.

Kenny

Premium Member
You have never explained how you think that humans came into the picture. We have a well documented history of primates evolving and it leads straight up to h. sapiens about 300,000 years ago. And you said you accept that. But what then? Enlighten us with your hypothesis.
That's better. Thank you.

First, as far as homo heidelbergensis is concerned, i believe Chris Stringer from the Natural History Museum in London, doesn't agree with everyone's hypothesis. Correct me if I am wrong.

Personally, I have no problem with all the bones that people find and I make no bones about it. As we continue to study the Bible, there is the viewpoint of a "gap" between Genesis 1:1-3. Other scriptures point to "beings" that existed before the creation of modern man. Certainly it appears that they were similar to modern man.

I would assume you don't consider a spiritual realm and, if so, obviously we won't see eye to eye on my viewpoint.

Question. With all that has yet to be discovered as compared to what man knows now, what comparison would you make?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You said that before but you never explained how you pulled that rabbit out of the hat. Because it was your magic?
What magic are you talking about? Do you mean that you probably are calling God a liar? The scientifically illiterate do that quite often.

Here is a question for you, do you believe that God made our world?

Kenny

Premium Member
What magic are you talking about? Do you mean that you probably are calling God a liar? The scientifically illiterate do that quite often.

Here is a question for you, do you believe that God made our world?

That is our position, yes. Is this part of the "magic" that you do? Do you wave your hand now?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is our position, yes. Is this part of the "magic" that you do? Do you wave your hand now?
And do you deny evolution? That would include the evolution of man by the way.

It is not waving one's hand when they point out that you do believe in magic. But we were not discussing that. We were trying to see whether you call God a liar or not.

Kenny

Premium Member
And do you deny evolution? That would include the evolution of man by the way..

No... it wouldn't include evolution of man (as per my conversation with Heyo.) Have you been reading the posts? Or just jumping in to do some magic? :rolleyes: Bushy tails and long ears?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No... it wouldn't include evolution of man (as per my conversation with Heyo.) Have you been reading the posts? Or just jumping in to do some magic? :rolleyes: Bushy tails and long ears?
Are you trying to misinterpret my posts? You still appear to be playing games. Let me make it clear:

Do you accept the evolution of man or not?

Kenny

Premium Member
LOL! Why do creationists never know how to use a faceplam properly? It appears that you are afraid to honestly answer my questions. Which would indicate that you probably do believe that God is a liar, but do not want to admit it.
The answer was previously posted in the links provided.

:facepalm:

Your magic is falling flat.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The answer was previously posted in the links provided.

:facepalm:

Your magic is falling flat.
Kenny, it is a sign that one knows he is wrong when he purposefully avoids answering reasonable questions. I want it in your own words as a response to me. You want to know if you are calling God a liar or not. I do not want to be accused of using a strawman argument. I am being quite reasonable. You are not. Once again that tells me that probably both of us already know the answer.

I could explain it to you, but you do not seem to want to know. One more chance, after that I will assume that you know that you are calling God a liar and simply do not want to admit it.

In your own words please describe your stance on the evolution of man.

Kenny

Premium Member
Kenny, it is a sign that one knows he is wrong when he purposefully avoids answering reasonable questions. I want it in your own words as a response to me. You want to know if you are calling God a liar or not. I do not want to be accused of using a strawman argument. I am being quite reasonable. You are not. Once again that tells me that probably both of us already know the answer.

I could explain it to you, but you do not seem to want to know. One more chance, after that I will assume that you know that you are calling God a liar and simply do not want to admit it.

In your own words please describe your stance on the evolution of man.
For your benefit I will REPEAT what I have already written since pressing the links is too much for your magic.

The only part I don't agree with in evolution is that man comes from an ancestor of apes, monkey, chimpanzees or orangutans. (unless science corrects itself)

Man was made by God.