• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the dismally ignorant

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are correct. My error. But before that I also said that the organs and appendages have similar DNA
Organs do not "have" DNA. At least not in the sense that you seem to be using the term. You DNA is the same all throughout your body. The DNA in you toes is the same as in your heart.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think the evidence is obvious. Have you seen any of the animal kingdom in a worship service to god or gods?
No, but then that is probably why we haven't seen Christian animals round up Jewish animals and put them in concentration camps because they are superior. Good for the non-human animals and their wisdom not to get absorbed in dogmas that allow them to commit crimes against their own species, as humans do.

Interesting how humans are so spiritual that Christians can exterminate 6 million Jews and carry on as if that never happened.

Psychology is the study of the soul - the mind. You do believe that animals have minds, right?
That's weird, none of my psychology calsses ever mentioned souls. And let's note that the word "mind" refers to a set of functions that living brains perform. This is why we can categorize many types of animals, like dogs, cats, cows, humans, pigs, etc. as having minds. This includes emotions that can form bonds across species.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
No, but then that is probably why we haven't seen Christian animals round up Jewish animals and put them in concentration camps because they are superior. Good for the non-human animals and their wisdom not to get absorbed in dogmas that allow them to commit crimes against their own species, as humans do.

Interesting how humans are so spiritual that Christians can exterminate 6 million Jews and carry on as if that never happened.

Irrelevancy gone to seed

That's weird, none of my psychology calsses ever mentioned souls.

Probably because you went to a revisionist class?

The Roots of Psychology

The word psychology was formed by combining the Greek psychē (meaning “breath, principle of life, life, soul,”) with –logia (which comes from the Greek logos, meaning “speech, word, reason”). An early use appears in Nicholas Culpeper’s mid-17th century translation of Simeon Partliz’s A New Method of Physick, in which it is stated that “Psychologie is the knowledge of the Soul.”

harvard-scholar-wants-to-put-the-soul-back-into-psychology-1.6718001

Kenny

Premium Member
Good job scripture is not the basis for medical science eh?
No :) Nothing in scripture said that you can't transplant. On the contrary, He encourages us to seek out the mysteries and to be creative :)

In some sense, we can see how we are made in His image and in His likeness when we creatively manipulate genes.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No :) Nothing in scripture said that you can't transplant. On the contrary, He encourages us to seek out the mysteries and to be creative :)

In some sense, we can see how we are made in His image and in His likeness when we creatively manipulate genes.

This is the post i was responding to
I disagree. In my scriptures they are not the same.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I know that man has determined what a human kind is.

For an example... man has determined that a platypus is a mammal yet has so many features that are not. So man said, "We have decided it is a mammal for the following reasons..." and then patted themselves on the back saying to each other "Your are right!".

I see mankind as a category all of its own.

Taxonomy is certainly messy and not perfect, but it still holds that humans, sharing characteristics with other creatures, can be categorized with them.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Perhaps it is my communication

They are not the same in this fashion (as I explained in other posts) - we all have souls but animals don't have spirits.

In your opinion, that statement is important because a/there is no falsifiable evidence for the claim and b/ many people go by the falsifiable evidence.

Kenny

Premium Member
In your opinion, that statement is important because a/there is no falsifiable evidence for the claim and b/ many people go by the falsifiable evidence.
True... but it doesn't translate that it is automatically false. With the spiritual experiences I have had, along with the vast majority of the worlds population, spiritual is real.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Irrelevancy gone to seed

The Roots of Psychology

The word psychology was formed by combining the Greek psychē (meaning “breath, principle of life, life, soul,”) with –logia (which comes from the Greek logos, meaning “speech, word, reason”). An early use appears in Nicholas Culpeper’s mid-17th century translation of Simeon Partliz’s A New Method of Physick, in which it is stated that “Psychologie is the knowledge of the Soul.”

The German word for psychology is "Seelenheilkunde" (knowledge about treating the soul). But psychologists don't define "soul" as supernatural. Instead it is what drives us - without specifying the origin.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Irrelevancy gone to seed
See what I mean? Of course you will claim humans are special and spiritual, but when it is brought up that a nation of obedient Christians conspired to exterminate Jews in Europe you want to ignore it. These facts that counter your idealistic beliefs about humans have to be ignored to maintain your false belief.

It is completely relevant because your claims need to show some sort of effect, that being that as Christians, and as spiritual beings that are superior to other animals, there would be an effect that shows this is true. There ins't. It is an ongoing question why Christians would agree to commit crimes against humanity.

The Roots of Psychology

This is as obsolete as phrenology. Since you admit to being a creationist you will be hostile to the most current and up to date understandings of science. Of course you will reach back to a past view that is incorrect and intellectually flawed in the 21st century. This is an indictment of your own flawed beliefs, and how you hold on to a obsolete and intellectually bankrupt framework. It's bad faith in these discussion with well-educated people, and it's bad faith religion.

Last edited:

wellwisher

In tradition, the soul would be analogous to our memory. A divine soul would be composed of our lifetimes memory, going forward into eternity, with this full range of data, experience, and knowledge what defines us, as us. We need our memory to maintain our unique continuity.

The soul was considered static, in tradition, like a hard drive. It is the spirit that animates the soul. Computer memory is static, until the CPU animates the memory. The CPU is connected to the spirit, which will help process the data within memory, in different ways.

In the case of humans, if we get hungry, the spirit will make us thin about our food memories, and what needs to be done to eat. The hunger spirit; biochemical triggers, will animate the soul; memory, and we consciously act along these memory lines; to gather, to prepare and to eat.

Animals have both a soul and a spirit; animal spirit=instincts. Their soul will contain memories of their own hunting and gathering grounds and their favorite foods. The spirit awakes their hunger and they begin, with firmware supporting their hunting actions via their soul.

In terms of the operating system of the human brain, humans have three basic levels of spirits; multi-core processor, that all come from the inner self; CPU. Each core will deal with different aspects of our memory. The highest level is connected to the archetypes of meaning; analysis of reality. Thinking is passive to the body, but can be quite active in the brain. These spirits seek meaning; why?

The lowest level is connected to our instinctive needs; sleep to fight and fight. While the middle range spirits are connected to archetypes of relationship. The spirit of relationship are not just human relationships, but is also connected to how things/objects relate to each other in space and time. Santa Claus has a white beard and Red Suit; relationships. This is not rational, but is accepted as part of Western cultural relationships. It is defined this way, not necessarily due to logic. It could be sometimes felt, due to a 3-D symbolic connection; feels right due to group and historical acceptance. One would need to use the highest level to figure out why, this is way?

Political parties tend to be more middle level; ways to relate to each other and culture. Do not expect an answer for why, from the POV of the middle level. It can become dogmatic if we stay with only middle level spirits.

ChristineM

Premium Member
In tradition, the soul would be analogous to our memory. A divine soul would be composed of our lifetimes memory, going forward into eternity, with this full range of data, experience, and knowledge what defines us, as us. We need our memory to maintain our unique continuity.

The soul was considered static, in tradition, like a hard drive. It is the spirit that animates the soul. Computer memory is static, until the CPU animates the memory. The CPU is connected to the spirit, which will help process the data within memory, in different ways.

In the case of humans, if we get hungry, the spirit will make us thin about our food memories, and what needs to be done to eat. The hunger spirit; biochemical triggers, will animate the soul; memory, and we consciously act along these memory lines; to gather, to prepare and to eat.

Animals have both a soul and a spirit; animal spirit=instincts. Their soul will contain memories of their own hunting and gathering grounds and their favorite foods. The spirit awakes their hunger and they begin, with firmware supporting their hunting actions via their soul.

In terms of the operating system of the human brain, humans have three basic levels of spirits; multi-core processor, that all come from the inner self; CPU. Each core will deal with different aspects of our memory. The highest level is connected to the archetypes of meaning; analysis of reality. Thinking is passive to the body, but can be quite active in the brain. These spirits seek meaning; why?

The lowest level is connected to our instinctive needs; sleep to fight and fight. While the middle range spirits are connected to archetypes of relationship. The spirit of relationship are not just human relationships, but is also connected to how things/objects relate to each other in space and time. Santa Claus has a white beard and Red Suit; relationships. This is not rational, but is accepted as part of Western cultural relationships. It is defined this way, not necessarily due to logic. It could be sometimes felt, due to a 3-D symbolic connection; feels right due to group and historical acceptance. One would need to use the highest level to figure out why, this is way?

Political parties tend to be more middle level; ways to relate to each other and culture. Do not expect an answer for why, from the POV of the middle level. It can become dogmatic if we stay with only middle level spirits.

In your opinion

ChristineM

Premium Member
True... but it doesn't translate that it is automatically false. With the spiritual experiences I have had, along with the vast majority of the worlds population, spiritual is real.

In your opinion

Kenny

Premium Member
The German word for psychology is "Seelenheilkunde" (knowledge about treating the soul). But psychologists don't define "soul" as supernatural. Instead it is what drives us - without specifying the origin.
Yes... but I never said the soul was supernatural. It is the spirit that makes us supernatural.

In our belief, God wants us to be creative and be partners with Him in bringing the fulness of potentials that He placed inside each person. It would be from His Spirit to our spirit.

Kenny

Premium Member
Really? Can you provide some examples?

I'm not sure exactly what example you are looking for so this may not fit the bill:

George Washington Carver is credited with saving the agricultural economy of the rural South. From his work at Tuskegee, Carver developed approximately 300 products made from peanuts; these included: flour, paste, insulation, paper, wall board, wood stains, soap, shaving cream and skin lotion. Carver is also credited with the innovation of crop rotation.

Cotton was the primary crop in the South in the early 1900s but cotton depleted the soil. Carver knew that peanuts replenished soil and tried to convince his constituents to plant a harvest of peanuts in between cotton yields so the cotton harvest would be more bountiful. The only problem, peanuts were not a profitable crop, which led George Washington Carver to the woods. Why the woods?

All my life, I have risen regularly at four in the morning to go into the woods and talk with God. That’s where He reveals His secrets to me. When everybody else is asleep, I hear God best and learn my plan… ~ George Washington Carver

One of those mornings, Carver asked God to show him why he made the peanut. He knew it was the solution for soil health but he needed to know why it was valuable so his crop rotation idea could be implemented.

He told me, ‘separate the peanut into water, fats, oils, gums, resins, sugars, starches, and amino acids. Then recombine these under My three laws of compatibility, temperature, and pressure. Then, the Lord said, ‘then you will know why I made the peanut! ~ George Washington Carver

“Within ten days George Washington Carver had “discovered” more than 300 uses for the peanut. One trip to that special place in the woods to talk with God not only enhanced race relations at the time but also fundamentally changed the agricultural industry as we know it today. All because he listened to and felt the spirit of God in his life.” (Andy Andrews)

God’s response made sense to Carver because this was his field, God met him where he was. God expanded his understanding of an area Carver was already familiar with. Like Moses who used the staff that was already in his hands and like the widow who approached Elisha, the oil she already had was multiplied, God expanded something Carver was already involved with.

This is a lesson for us, we often wait for God to do a “new thing” in our lives when he’s actually seeking to increase and expand that which he’s already placed in us.

How to Hear God: A Lesson from George Washington Carver and the Peanut — Forward Ministries

Kenny

Premium Member
See what I mean? Of course you will claim humans are special and spiritual, but when it is brought up that a nation of obedient Christians conspired to exterminate Jews in Europe you want to ignore it. These facts that counter your idealistic beliefs about humans have to be ignored to maintain your false belief.

It is completely relevant because your claims need to show some sort of effect, that being that as Christians, and as spiritual beings that are superior to other animals, there would be an effect that shows this is true. There ins't. It is an ongoing question why Christians would agree to commit crimes against humanity.

This is as obsolete as phrenology. Since you admit to being a creationist you will be hostile to the most current and up to date understandings of science. Of course you will reach back to a past view that is incorrect and intellectually flawed in the 21st century. This is an indictment of your own flawed beliefs, and how you hold on to a obsolete and intellectually bankrupt framework. It's bad faith in these discussion with well-educated people, and it's bad faith religion.
Again.. this is ignorance gone to seed with no relevance to what we are talking about. Your hostility is evident :)

Kenny

Premium Member
In your opinion
:) I'd rather think this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. By my signature, it is our belief that God made each person special and want to use each vessel to go beyond their natural potential into the arena of possibilities as we conveniently connect with Him.