• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Atheists - Religions PLEASE take note! (Out of the DIR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
For those theists who wish to respond.
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...s-religions-please-take-note.html#post1624211

Right. I have a question for all the 'atheist haters' in the world. So you believe there is a God. You believe in organised religion. You all seem to think it is right and correct to worship a so-called 'deity'. Why is it NOT ok for atheists to have their own beliefs - ie believe in SCIENCE and FACTS. Various religions feel it is ok to belittle atheists as they are deemed 'heathens' and 'evil', among many many other things.
If you want to believe in your own faith and worship a non-existent entity then fine, I'm all for it, it will give you something to do in life, abiding by outmoded rules and regulations. I have no problem with this, in fact most atheists don't have a problem with it either. What we DO have problems with is people telling us we are wrong, verbally abusing us because we choose to live out lives differently. This is not a 'christian' thing to do. In fact, and I quote here, there is a line in the bible 'judge not lest ye be judged'. Many people seem to 'forget' quite conveniently this little line and for some unknown reason feel it is their duty to proclaim we are evil and untoward.
So, on behalf of many atheists across the world, I'm telling you - we just don't care what you think of us. In fact, it's quite flattering that you have nothing better to do with your dull little lives than mock us. So really, it's just your time you are wasting in the end. :rolleyes:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
It works both ways. Plenty of people (myself included) mock religion and its practices daily. Its not that i don';t have better things to do, it comes up regularly in conversation.

slave2six

Substitious
People who "don't care" don't usually go out of their way to tell people that they don't care. The essence of not caring is simply ignoring something.

slave2six

Substitious
It works both ways. Plenty of people (myself included) mock religion and its practices daily. Its not that i don't have better things to do, it comes up regularly in conversation.
I do it because it's fun. And because I have nothing better to do.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I do it because it's fun. And because I have nothing better to do.

Haha now thats brutal honesty.

Outside RF, Christians i know and work around bring up topics and its hard for me not to insult their somewhat close minded beliefs (particularly in regards to homosexuality).

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I am glad you all find so much pleasure in ridiculing other peoples beliefs. Did you also enjoy picking on other kids during recess?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I am glad you all find so much pleasure in ridiculing other peoples beliefs. Did you also enjoy picking on other kids during recess?

I don't go out of my way to insult anyone for anything. If the topic is raised ill speak my mind, if their sensitive little ears don't like it then they need to keep their discussions local to ensure they don't hear an opinion not programmed by their own church.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Apex, what is it you're looking for here? I'd like to respond, but I don't know what I'm responding about.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Apex, what is it you're looking for here? I'd like to respond, but I don't know what I'm responding about.
I did not make any point for others to respond to.The OP was in a DIR so I made a thread outside the DIR for people who wish to respond that are not atheists.

I may get around to responding to the OP when I get the chance. But responding to bigotry is not high on my list of things to do.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
When my son was little, he really sucked at sports. (He still does today. They're just not his thing; he's an artist and really excels at graphic design.) He got ridiculed by the other boys to no end. I told him one day that people who make fun of other people without any provocation are just doing it because it builds their own self-esteem. I really believe that. How many truely intelligent, successful people do you know who resort to belitting other people? They don't have to. They are confident enough in themselves that they don't need to. I think the same holds true with respect to atheists who just go after theists for no reason other than that it's "fun."

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I did not make any point for others to respond to.The OP was in a DIR so I made a thread outside the DIR for people who wish to respond that are not atheists.

I was just confused because you said it was for any atheists who want to respond. Thanks for the clarification.

I may get around to responding to the OP when I get the chance. But responding to bigotry is not high on my list of things to do.

Really? It's pretty high on my list. It may not do any good, but who knows?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I was just confused because you said it was for any atheists who want to respond. Thanks for the clarification.
I just copied the thread title over to this one.

Really? It's pretty high on my list. It may not do any good, but who knows?
Responding to significant bigotry would be high on my list. But responding to it when it is from a troll with a grand total of 2 posts, its not very high.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I just copied the thread title over to this one.

Yeah, I just saw the other thread. What a weird thread.

Responding to significant bigotry would be high on my list. But responding to it when it is from a troll with a grand total of 2 posts, its not very high.

No, I gotcha. As I said, it might not do any good, but I generally feel like I have to, even times when I'm positive it won't do any good.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Actually, I was the one getting picked on, lol. That is one reason I became a class clown. To be fair though, in real life I certainly don't seek out religious folks, but when I do come across them I tend to treat each on a case by case basis. Mood is also an aspect and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Usually, I will listen with obvious disinterest for a few moments and say something quite unoffensive and non-committal when asked a question. If they are not paying attention to my responses -- *giggle* -- I will generally "let 'er rip" on the third go round. TO be quite honest, when I hear a religious person talking, I can never get the image out of my mind that I am listening to a rather small child who is attempting to pull one over on me - regardless of the age of the person involved. I will only unleash on them if they are persistent... sort of like how more annoying Jehovah's Witness types can be. If I get to this stage, in general, people run for cover -- fast.

Last edited:

slave2six

Substitious
Man, I have never understood why anybody would find it "fun" to mock someone else. Dumb that one down for me, would you?
Largely because I have spent a lifetime under authoritative people who pontificated about everything and bringing them down a notch is satisfying. I'm only human after all.

slave2six

Substitious
I only pick on bullies. Religion is one of the biggest bullies and needs to be mocked. Reason never works with those guys.

Last edited:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I only pick on bullies. Religion is one of the biggest bullies and needs to be mocked. Reason never works with those guys.
Don't hold back. Keep sharing your true feelings about religion, let it all out.

linwood

Man, I have never understood why anybody would find it "fun" to mock someone else. Dumb that one down for me, would you?

It`s immensely enjoyable to publicly point out the ignorance of a bigots position.

I go as far as baiting the bigot into taking the position I know he/she will take and then brutally mock them.

It is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.